5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

grafnburgz

Reaction score
Hi folks. I've lurked on this forum alot so thought I'd add a datapoint to make a contribution.
Just purchased today. I'm in the Dallas, TX area.

2023 Laramie, new, 18 miles on odometer.
MSRP 69805
Dealer discount -11501
Cash/Rebates -7000 (4000 national, 1000 regional, 1000 Ram Loyalty for owners, and 1000 code from Ramtrucks.com)
Dealer add-ons +$695 (Resist-all-- yes I know this is not really worth anything)

Purchase price after discounts, rebates, and dealer add-on.- 51,999 plus TT&L ($17,806 discount even after factoring in dealer add-on)
No unexpected fees or strange fees. Small doc fee, and small inventory tax.

Yes I did have a trade.. That was negotiated after the fact as I was already prepared to sell elsewhere. So it had no bearing on the offered price.

For those discussing how prices have increased over the years. I've owned a 2019 Limited, 2021 Limited, 2022 Big Horn Built to Serve and Now a 2023 Laramie.
My 2019 Limited was $53k
My 2021 fully loaded Limited was $57k after discounts adding to 17k.
My 2022 Big Horn Built to serve was $51k with only 8k discount.
My 2023 Laramie as above, $52k
As the years have passed, you are getting less and less for your money, definitely.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi folks. I've lurked on this forum alot so thought I'd add a datapoint to make a contribution.

MSRP 69805
Dealer discount -11501
Cash/Rebates -7000 (4000 national, 1000 regional, 1000 Ram Loyalty for owners, and 1000 code from Ramtrucks.com)
Dealer add-ons +$695 (Resist-all-- yes I know this is not really worth anything)

Purchase price after discounts, rebates, and dealer add-on.- 51,999 plus TT&L ($17,806 discount even after factoring in dealer add-on)

Yes I did have a trade.. That was negotiated after the fact as I was already prepared to sell elsewhere. So it had no bearing on the offered price.

For those discussing how prices have increased over the years. I've owned a 2019 Limited, 2021 Limited, 2022 Big Horn Built to Serve and Now a 2023 Laramie.
My 2019 wsa $53k
My 2021 fully loaded was $57k after discounts adding to 17k.
My 2022 built to serve was $51k with only 8k discount.
As the years have passed, you are getting less and less for your money, definitely.
The dollar is worth 25% less than it was in 2020. They are paying higher CAFE fines. Plus more mandated safety equipment.

emings

Reaction score
You should have walked out. They played you and you let them. If you did walk out, they probably would have been calling you back and honored the original deal. And if not, it's just a matter of sticking up for yourself and principles. The reason dealerships do this is because people allow them to get away with it.
I've had good deals and bad deals. In that case it was more of a matter of supply at the time and me as a customer knowing what I wanted vs. the deal...As bad as it was i still got 16% off MSRP and a lower interest rate than what my bank quoted me I've still enjoyed the Truck and Gillman lost a customer over it...what good does it do to complain after you get screwed nothing as a consumer ill simply take my business elsewhere

emings

Reaction score
Yep. Need to speak with your money.
Now next time they know it's ok to screw someone over again because they let it happen.
They should of walked.

This is why so many big companies crap on consumers as they know they can get away with it.
It's not a "big company" problem it's a dealership problem I found a bad dealer it is what it is...I would only be a fool if I went back...no thanks ill take my business elsewhere

RedFred

Reaction score

MSRP 69805
Dealer discount -11501

Wow, great deal! Reading this makes me hate NJ dealers even more.

RedFred

Reaction score
I've had good deals and bad deals. In that case it was more of a matter of supply at the time and me as a customer knowing what I wanted vs. the deal...As bad as it was i still got 16% off MSRP and a lower interest rate than what my bank quoted me I've still enjoyed the Truck and Gillman lost a customer over it...what good does it do to complain after you get screwed nothing as a consumer ill simply take my business elsewhere
I get it. I just hate shady dealerships. I had to walk out or threaten to walk out of more than a few. I also still carry baggage from many years ago when I got a job as a salesman at a dealership for 1.5 days before walking out in disgust. I spent a day and a half listening to countless stories about them bragging and laughing about ripping off everyone and their mother. There was literally an old lady story in there and them giving her a horrible lease deal because they knew they could do it and get away with it (that story was also accompanied with some laughing). I didn't even make it to lunch on my second day before walking out. But I did learn a lot in the 1+ day, most importantly never go into a dealership with your guard down. All that being said, I still enjoy the process of car shopping for some reason, lol.

theeuroguy

Reaction score

MSRP 69805
Dealer discount -11501

My 2019 Limited was $53k
My 2021 fully loaded Limited was $57k after discounts adding to 17k.
My 2022 Big Horn Built to serve was $51k with only 8k discount.
That is great deal here in DFW. Mind if I ask you which dealership it was? Looking for a 4X4 Laramie.

grafnburgz

Reaction score
That is great deal here in DFW. Mind if I ask you which dealership it was? Looking for a 4X4 Laramie.
Denton Dodge.
They had two on their website the other day with similar discounts (Black and Silver). The Silver is gone off the website, but my black one is still on there for now. So you may have to wait until they have stock again. But the price on their website is their selling price. Even the dealer add-on is listed on there. If you look around you'll find similar discounts at various places within a 1-2 hour drive, but I never contacted them so I cannot speak for any add-ons or funny business they may try.

CJ8Ranger

Reaction score
I just completed my purchase.

Back story.... My original plan was to order a 2024 Limited 4x2 with Limited Level 1, Night, patriot blue, with MFT from Mark Dodge. I had planned on Total price of $78.5K, Mark Dodge discount of 12.5%, and a few of other incentives for $67K.

I was set to pull the trigger, reached out to MD (btw- I had an excellent buying experience, would definitely recommend), and hit a snag. The '24 models were only available in 4x4. My new price was now $83.3 vs $78.5 I previously planned. I wasn't really interested in paying $3500 for 4wd that I would likely never use, on top of the price increase from 2023.

I then happen to come across what they have in inventory at Mark Dodge, and found my truck (description in signature) with MSRP of $80.5. (It was a 4x4 and there weren't any 4x2 available).

In the end I received a dealer discount of 13.6% ($11k), $4k National, $1k Ramtruck.com and $500 for military. total price $63,440 and a $425 doc fee, + tax and title.... I missed out on the Tread Lightly discount since it had not been 30 days since I joined, but MD quoted that they would have given me an additional 1.5% off MSRP.

I took a pass on the dealer add ons, and everyone at Mark Dodge was professional, prompt, honest and easy to work with. When there was a discrepancy or a question they worked very hard at addressing the issue and making sure I was kept abreast of the latest information, as well as what to expect in the future.

Truck was $650 to ship to Orlando and arrived yesterday after a two day transit. I briefly saw and inspected it, but had to run to work.

I will contrast this with my experience at my local dealership. My salesman was a nice enough guy, but I got the impression he didn't know much about the truck features or options, math wasn't really his forte' and just got graduated from a cheesy sales training course. Their offerings included a '23 limited at MSRP (81k) or a '21 Limited Night with 21k miles for $56K.... I almost bought the '21 but they then added on about $1500 in fees. I took a hard pass on principle.

I'm very happy with my Mark Dodge experience and would definitely recommend.

Last edited:

TSL

Reaction score
I'm sitting in my local dealership getting an oil change on my '22 Rebel Ecodiesel.
Took a walk around the lot to pass some time.
They have easily 20 or 30 or more 1500's in various trims . Every one I paused and looked at has a + $4995 market adjustment added on to the MSRP.
I am still very glad I bought mine from Mark Dodge in May '22 !
Even with shipping across the country to Oregon I saved a very significant amount. ( at that time my local dealership offered $1000 under MSRP on sold orders, which wasn't even close to competitive with MD )

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I just completed my purchase.

Truck was $650 to ship to Orlando and arrived yesterday after a two day transit.

I have been monitoring the dealers near Orlando and there is Orlando Dodge, Airport Dodge and Joel in Tampa and they seem to have decent prices.
Curious if you happened to check with them and if any of them were ones playing any games.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I'm sitting in my local dealership getting an oil change on my '22 Rebel Ecodiesel.
They have easily 20 or 30 or more 1500's in various trims . Every one I paused and looked at has a + $4995 market adjustment added on to the MSRP.
Even with shipping across the country to Oregon I saved a very significant amount. ( at that time my local dealership offered $1000 under MSRP on sold orders, which wasn't even close to competitive with MD )
$5K addendum on straight up 1500s?!
Can't wait to see what they want to mark up 2 months from now in that case.

We're glad you ordered with us too!

spyder

Reaction score
Mark Dodge sounds like the place to get one! I'm glad there is a great dealership around for people willing to make the trip. I was all set to order one but the likelihood of having to go out in the middle of winter and drive it back through who knows what kind of weather, depending on when it was finished, had me worried. If this upcoming winter is like Jan-April of 2023, it could make for an exciting trip.

I think I found the truck I'm going to buy, and it's local. Or at least the local dealer (a little over an hour away, but that's local consiering where I live) said they'll have it here within a week. Price is good, incentives are good, it's got everything I wanted except for anti-spin or e locker, but I can live without that and throw in a limited slip later if I need it.

I need to find my old sales and extended warranty paperwork. I paid for an extended on my Rebel when I bought it in November of '21 thinking I'd keep the truck much longer than this, but the Ram app says I don't have one and I occasionally receive emails saying I should get one. Is there a place I can look it up with the VIN? I'm still under 36k on the Rebel, barely, and want to look to see if the warranty is transferable or if I just threw that money away. My mistake if I did, but worth looking into I guess.

Bighorn V6 Level B Sport appearance (I could do without this, but am fine with it) and 3.55 gears with brake controller in Delmonico Red. Off to dig through my file cabinet to look for sales paperwork...

spyder

Reaction score
Of course, I found the answer to my warranty question by simply looking it up.

6of36

Reaction score
I can't believe anyone is playing that market adjustment BS game still. Some dealers here were trying that at the peak of the pandemic, but gave up on that long ago.

CJ8Ranger

Reaction score
I have been monitoring the dealers near Orlando and there is Orlando Dodge, Airport Dodge and Joel in Tampa and they seem to have decent prices.
Curious if you happened to check with them and if any of them were ones playing any games.
the dealer I went to was Napleton. The price of the '21 I looked at was fair, but I was turned off by the added fees. It felt like bait and add. I did speak to Orlando Dodge. I didn't discuss used pricing with him, as at that point I had decided to purchase new from MD. I gave him the specs of what I was looking for and he was diligent in looking for something that fit the description. He called me back within a couple hours, telling me he found something close. I told him I'd be willing to listen to his offer, and would rather buy local if he could beat MD's pricing. Essentially this amounted to 21% off MSRP with an additional $450something dealer fee. He said he'd talk to his manager and call me back.... I never heard from him again.

6of36

Reaction score
the dealer I went to was Napleton. The price of the '21 I looked at was fair, but I was turned off by the added fees. It felt like bait and add. I did speak to Orlando Dodge. I didn't discuss used pricing with him, as at that point I had decided to purchase new from MD. I gave him the specs of what I was looking for and he was diligent in looking for something that fit the description. He called me back within a couple hours, telling me he found something close. I told him I'd be willing to listen to his offer, and would rather buy local if he could beat MD's pricing. Essentially this amounted to 21% off MSRP with an additional $450something dealer fee. He said he'd talk to his manager and call me back.... I never heard from him again.
They never called back because they couldn't beat or even match MD. My local dealer told me MD can't sell at that price, even when I went back with my paperwork.🤣

RedFred

Reaction score
They never called back because they couldn't beat or even match MD. My local dealer told me MD can't sell at that price, even when I went back with my paperwork.🤣
I would be ok if local dealerships would at least come close to MD prices. 😭

Derek916

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2019 ram sport, around 95,000kms, runs like a dream. Has been in 2 accidents, insurance repaired, 21k total in the last year. There’s a dealership in Edmonton that is selling 2023 Rebels at almost 15k below suggested retail price. 75k suggested, now 60k!
They’re willing to take my vehicle, I’m paying 340 bi weekly, pay of the whats owing, new payments would 400 bi weekly but for 8 years, right now I have 4 years left. Would you guys trade in? This rebel is super sexy, but so is my sport! I’d pay just a little more then what I’ve been paying now, but would have to be committed to truck for 8 years.
After trading in your truck you would be making 400 biweekly payments for eight years which is $76,800. I don't understand the math on what they're valuing your truck, and why you would still be paying $77K after it is all said and done. You sound like you are super focused on the monthly payment which also isn't ideal. Focus on the overall price.

6of36

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2019 ram sport, around 95,000kms, runs like a dream. Has been in 2 accidents, insurance repaired, 21k total in the last year. There’s a dealership in Edmonton that is selling 2023 Rebels at almost 15k below suggested retail price. 75k suggested, now 60k!
They’re willing to take my vehicle, I’m paying 340 bi weekly, pay of the whats owing, new payments would 400 bi weekly but for 8 years, right now I have 4 years left. Would you guys trade in? This rebel is super sexy, but so is my sport! I’d pay just a little more then what I’ve been paying now, but would have to be committed to truck for 8 years.
Not easy for people in the US to estimate with Canadian money. I don't think we have 8 year loans. 95,000 km is only 59,000 miles, not bad for 4 years, now 5 model years. There are 26 payments, paying bi weekly, so that is $10,400 a year, or $83,200 for 8 years. $23,800 is a lot of interest. I would check elsewhere to see what your truck is worth, whether they are offering fair trade, by just paying off.

Users who are viewing this thread