5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Dtronic

Reaction score
Bought my 2022 2WD Bighorn Quad Cab July 29th.

$48.9k MSRP. Total discount 10.5k 6.5 Man Rebates, 1K private offer, 3k Dealer discount. Kissimmee Ram.

They did charge $900 for bed liner, mud flaps and air deflector. No other add on except the Florida $999 dealer fee. Night Edition, Level B, Safety Group, Hemi no e torque. 3.92, Rubber floor mats, rear wheel liners. The truck had 700 miles on it and I used that to get a set of 275/60/20 Wildpeaks put on for 50% off.

I traded a 2022 GTI in. Got $500 more than I paid for that.

I did have a 2021 4x4 Bighorn Hemi Quad Cab with Level 1, bench seats bought Dec 2020 that I got around 12k off that one. Sold it for msrp July 2021.

One thing I noticed, I don't have power folding mirrors like I did on my 2021. Also I did notice new 2022 Rams coming in now are about $2-3k higher msrp with same options. Night edition and Hemi have gone up $500-600 each from my sticker. This Ram was manufactured Dec 2021.

Shizzo

Reaction score
Typically, if you plan on buying the car out at the end of the term, you would not want to lease (unless the lease incentives were much higher than the purchase incentives). This is to save yourself the acquisition fee which you would pay at lease inception (which is an extra cost you dont have when purchasing).

As to the whole buy vs lease discussion, it depends how you will use the vehicle. Post pandemic, not much leases well due to lack of discounts off MSRP and rising interest rates. That being said, the Ram 1500 @16% off could make a reasonable lease candidate. They do have a good primer on their website about how leases work which would be good reading for you.

In answer to your other questions, lease turn in can be a challenge, depending upon the manufacturer/the condition of the vehicle/and whether you are leasing another vehicle from them. You can avoid all of that if you just sell your lease instead of doing a lease turn-in. [That has become more of a challenge as many manufacturers are either restricting 3rd party buyouts of leases or charging a higher price for another dealer to buy it out than the individual.]

Their are lease return damage guidelines that you can get during your lease - where they tell you how many dings/scratches are allowed per panel and at what size they will try to charge you for excessive wear and tear. I have leased about 10 vehicles in the last 9 years and have only once turned one in at lease end - all the others were either traded in as part of a new purchase/lease or sold outright to Carvana/Carmax/etc.

In regards to the particular thread being referenced, the dealer was offering up to 16% off MSRP (before any incentives were applied) for orders. That pricing was for either lease or purchase. Depending upon how you decided to procure it would impact the final cost as the incentives are different for lease vs purchase and are tied to region of registration for FCA.

I know a number of people on LH who took advantage of that pricing (including myself) and we will see over the next few months, as those trucks get delivered, how smooth the process is. The other 2 times I have used a broker to lease a vehicle were by far the easiest vehicle acquisition transactions ever. One of them they met me at my mom's house in MD (PA dealer) and I signed the paperwork in the back of the SUV, the other I was in and out of the dealer (different PA dealer) in ~30-45 min - no hard sell in the finance office. Sign papers, program phone, get in the car and drive away.
Thanks for the response. I guess I will keep monitoring the LeaseHackr forum and this forum to see if another deal like that happens.

Maybe some hope for the end of September? Should also be the end of the quarter, unless there's some fiscal year stuff I don't know about.

Thanks again!

ms8091

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that deluxe cloth is not a standard option on the bighorn? It’s $595 now.

No extra charge on my 2022 Big Horn night edition for deluxe seats. Maybe part of that package?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derek916

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I guess I will keep monitoring the LeaseHackr forum and this forum to see if another deal like that happens.

Maybe some hope for the end of September? Should also be the end of the quarter, unless there's some fiscal year stuff I don't know about.

Thanks again!
Keep in mind 2023 should be coming any moment now and prices are likely to increase...Their deal isn't much better than Mark Dodge unless you live in Florida or close by. If you aren't then their dealer fee/broker fee and not honoring other discounts such as affiliates offsets most of the savings.

Shizzo

Reaction score
Keep in mind 2023 should be coming any moment now and prices are likely to increase...Their deal isn't much better than Mark Dodge unless you live in Florida or close by. If you aren't then their dealer fee/broker fee and not honoring other discounts such as affiliates offsets most of the savings.
Thanks. I do live in Florida, so this might work for me.

Do you think it's a bad idea to wait for the '22s to go on sale when the '23s hit the lots?

JoeI21

Reaction score
Thanks. I do live in Florida, so this might work for me.

Do you think it's a bad idea to wait for the '22s to go on sale when the '23s hit the lots?
depends when you want the truck. 23s are not in production yet. my guess you’ll see the very beginning of the 23s on dealers lots thanks giving / end of the year

Mike7311

Reaction score
No extra charge on my 2022 Big Horn night edition for deluxe seats. Maybe part of that package?

I just saw a truck today with the Night Package and the deluxe seats were a option. This must have just happened, sucks.

Attachments

• 1FDD673E-DB96-4E08-A954-3C33AA0F0BAE.jpeg
    1FDD673E-DB96-4E08-A954-3C33AA0F0BAE.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 58

cleigh

Reaction score
I just saw a truck today with the Night Package and the deluxe seats were a option. This must have just happened, sucks.

That was $595 on my non-night edition Bighorn. It's to get bucket seats and a real center console instead of the front bench seat.

ms8091

Reaction score

So I looked and my truck was manufactured in May, no additional charge for the deluxe seats. Must have been very recent.

Kenny4

Reaction score
So I looked and my truck was manufactured in May, no additional charge for the deluxe seats. Must have been very recent.

My 2021 did charge for the " deluxe seats ". But it's not the fabric or any additional comfort. It's to change from bench seat to bucket seats.

blars215

Reaction score
For what it is worth - the 'dealer discounts' have returned in my neck of the woods. Most dealers are doing 5-7% of MSRP as advertising. Pretty similar to 2019, and trucks are staying on the lot for a while longer. Most have been on the lot for 45 days plus right now. Recession fears - maybe. I'd like to think people may finally just be exhibiting a little bit of patience for the first time in 2+ years versus just 'I want it now, don't care what it costs' we've seen over the past 2 years.

Still hoping that the manufacturer sweetens the incentives going into Labor Day next week. Maybe longer interest free, or lower interest (.9% for 60 or 1.9% for 72) for longer term might move the dial. Non-cash buyers of cars still have recency bias of subsidized interest rates over the last 10 years, especially when you get the sticker shock of going to a bank or credit union and seeing 4%+ on new car purchases.

My $.02 - might be worth less.

Rammmer

Reaction score
For what it is worth - the 'dealer discounts' have returned in my neck of the woods. Most dealers are doing 5-7% of MSRP as advertising. Pretty similar to 2019, and trucks are staying on the lot for a while longer. Most have been on the lot for 45 days plus right now. Recession fears - maybe. I'd like to think people may finally just be exhibiting a little bit of patience for the first time in 2+ years versus just 'I want it now, don't care what it costs' we've seen over the past 2 years.

Still hoping that the manufacturer sweetens the incentives going into Labor Day next week. Maybe longer interest free, or lower interest (.9% for 60 or 1.9% for 72) for longer term might move the dial. Non-cash buyers of cars still have recency bias of subsidized interest rates over the last 10 years, especially when you get the sticker shock of going to a bank or credit union and seeing 4%+ on new car purchases.

My $.02 - might be worth less.

It's hard to tell where the prices will go. The new prices are going up. Dealers near me are still charging at or over MSRP.

The fed has signaled it will raise interest rates again so I would be surprised if they offer better financing incentives.

RamVA

Reaction score
It’s certainly getting there in Northern Virginia.

Took a bit of back and forth but we just got ~10% off MSRP pre rebates on a Laramie night edition. If you have the patience to entertain some truly horrible initial offers, the deals are returning.

blars215

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more (edit) with you Rammer - Fed will raise rates until inflation is under control in their eyes, but manufacturers only make money when new cars move off the lot so they can push more inventory onto the dealers.

Right now some dealers are just pocketing much of the manufacturers' 'hidden' discounts (not advertised incentives) to make more money. Wonder how long that can last with 4-5% interest rates and lower trade in values for used vehicles start to hamstring new vehicle (non-cash) buyers. Read there have been 5 straight weeks of ~1% decrease (week over week) on the used wholesale market. Less trade in value, higher rates, will impact new purchases (I think this is happening already in some markets).

From there the manufacturers will pressure dealers to pass on the 'hidden' discounts... If that doesn't start moving inventory, they'd have to pull a different lever in their toolbox (more advertised incentives, subsidized rates, etc) to keep the inventory flowing or run the risk of having to slow down production which really kills revenue potential for them..

Last edited:

Jrmullins85

Reaction score
It’s certainly getting there in Northern Virginia.

Took a bit of back and forth but we just got ~10% off MSRP pre rebates on a Laramie night edition. If you have the patience to entertain some truly horrible initial offers, the deals are returning.
Which dealership did you finally go with?

Mike7311

Reaction score
Here in Southern California the deals are back. Gas is so expensive that they don’t have much of a choice. Local dealers around now have about twice the selection as they did six months ago. There’s BTS that’s been on the lot for month, I find that crazy because they were at one point almost possible to find.

Users who are viewing this thread