5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Mike7311

Reaction score
My brother just picked up a truck in Valencia California. He got 18% off MSRP with low interest without much fuss, so I think it’s official that Ram is back to slashing MSRP. The trucks here have been sitting on lot for way longer with gas over $5.
2wd Crew Cab Laramie level 2 Night Edition V8 E-torque 3.92

MSRP 61120
Paid before TTL 50200

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
My MSRP was at 75k for the 2022 Rebel, I was able to use the Tread Lightly discount, with the 1k coupon from the website, with the 0% for 48 months, which took it down to just under 69k.

ms8091

Reaction score
What would be a fair to decent deal on this?

View attachment 136736

It’s so different wheeling and dealing on a truck now vs pre-pandemic. My last truck (2019 Ram 1500 classic), it stickered just under $50k and out the door I paid $34,900. The truck I just bought 2022 Ram 1500 Night Edition stickered for $55k and I got it out the door for $51k. If I would have waited until Feb / Mar when 2023’s were out, probably could have got it for around $45-47k. On this truck, around my area would be around $60k but a great deal would be $53-55k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twil6

Reaction score
Yes, agreed different areas different prices. Plus when I got my 2021 trade in values where insane (still good now), plus big horns had 3,000 rebate vs 500 now or Laramie's. Still when I look at 60K that only like 6.5% discount.

Bootaggie

Reaction score
Yes, agreed different areas different prices. Plus when I got my 2021 trade in values where insane (still good now), plus big horns had 3,000 rebate vs 500 now or Laramie's. Still when I look at 60K that only like 6.5% discount.
They are throwing a lot more rebates on bighorns right now from what we have seen

Reaction score
My brother just picked up a truck in Valencia California. He got 18% off MSRP with low interest without much fuss, so I think it’s official that Ram is back to slashing MSRP. The trucks here have been sitting on lot for way longer with gas over $5.
2wd Crew Cab Laramie level 2 Night Edition V8 E-torque 3.92

MSRP 61120
Paid before TTL 50200
That would be the individual dealer, not ram. Dealers by me still adding 5k to msrp.

I'd be curious to see what part of that is rebate versus actual dealer discount. If it's a big horn that would make sense since they offer the biggest rebates.

Shizzo

Reaction score
Maybe look into cancelling and see if you can get into this deal with them...16% off orders for a group buy for Florida residents only.

Hey, Derek:

Thanks for posting this. I've seen a few links to these LeaseHackr threads, and they intrigue me. But I don't understand them.

Are these MSRPs strictly for Leases, or could someone buy and finance on those deals, too?

I'm ignorant to how leases work at anything more than a superficial level, because I've always read that leases are a terrible idea, financially speaking.

I'd love to understand more about how LeaseHackr could help me score a deal on a new truck, but if I'm required to lease, I have so many questions.

How do I figure out how much it will cost to buy out the truck when the lease term is over? If I know that number at the time of lease inception, and decide, prior to leasing, that I'm going to buy the truck when the lease is up, then can I disregard the mileage allotment, and drive as much as I want? Are there additional fees for excess mileage and wear and tear if I plan to buy the truck, or is that stuff only if you return the truck at the end of the lease term? I've read horror stories of the lease-end wear and tear charge guidelines. The car is inspected, and if there's a tear in the interior, it is measured and charged to the lessee at some ridiculous cost.

Thanks in advance! I'm scared to post these questions in the LeaseHackr forum. They have all sorts of information for beginners, but I can't see where these specific questions are answered. I think these questions are below beginner!

Maybe look into cancelling and see if you can get into this deal with them...16% off orders for a group buy for Florida residents only.

Derek916

Reaction score
Hey, Derek:

Thanks for posting this. I've seen a few links to these LeaseHackr threads, and they intrigue me. But I don't understand them.

Are these MSRPs strictly for Leases, or could someone buy and finance on those deals, too?

I'm ignorant to how leases work at anything more than a superficial level, because I've always read that leases are a terrible idea, financially speaking.

I'd love to understand more about how LeaseHackr could help me score a deal on a new truck, but if I'm required to lease, I have so many questions.

How do I figure out how much it will cost to buy out the truck when the lease term is over? If I know that number at the time of lease inception, and decide, prior to leasing, that I'm going to buy the truck when the lease is up, then can I disregard the mileage allotment, and drive as much as I want? Are there additional fees for excess mileage and wear and tear if I plan to buy the truck, or is that stuff only if you return the truck at the end of the lease term? I've read horror stories of the lease-end wear and tear charge guidelines. The car is inspected, and if there's a tear in the interior, it is measured and charged to the lessee at some ridiculous cost.

Thanks in advance! I'm scared to post these questions in the LeaseHackr forum. They have all sorts of information for beginners, but I can't see where these specific questions are answered. I think these questions are below beginner!
Well that deal was to finance/order. There aren't many good leases at the moment. Most vehicles it makes sense to buy instead of lease at the moment. During covid, LeaseHackr had $220 a month tundra 4x4s...To buy out the a vehicle you have to obtain the "Residual Value".

Mike7311

Reaction score
That would be the individual dealer, not ram. Dealers by me still adding 5k to msrp.

I'd be curious to see what part of that is rebate versus actual dealer discount. If it's a big horn that would make sense since they offer the biggest rebates.
This was on a 2wd Laramie. I did notice it was a level b truck from the shortage, which kind of sucks because it doesn’t have blind spot monitoring. Attached is the price, he actually got another 1k from the website code. He had a trade which I think they were leveraging into the deal, but he took out and they weren’t happy, but too bad. 75ED7BB6-CD95-483B-ADCD-9103B403495B.jpeg

Mike7311

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that deluxe cloth is not a standard option on the bighorn? It’s $595 now.

ms8091

Reaction score

By me, in NE Ohio, the rebates are 2,750 for august. I missed by one day, I would have had 5,750 in rebates but they canceled a lease incentive for Big Horns in the Great lakes region. Still offered in the Midwest region as I was told.

ms8091

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that deluxe cloth is not a standard option on the bighorn? It’s $595 now.

I’ll have to check my window sticker. I have the premium cloth but didn’t notice if it was an additional cost.

ms8091

Reaction score

I looked at the window sticker of my 2019 Big Horn and it was a $495 charge. I’ll look at the window sticker for my 2022 tomorrow.

cheapdad00

Reaction score
Hey, Derek:

Typically, if you plan on buying the car out at the end of the term, you would not want to lease (unless the lease incentives were much higher than the purchase incentives). This is to save yourself the acquisition fee which you would pay at lease inception (which is an extra cost you dont have when purchasing).

As to the whole buy vs lease discussion, it depends how you will use the vehicle. Post pandemic, not much leases well due to lack of discounts off MSRP and rising interest rates. That being said, the Ram 1500 @16% off could make a reasonable lease candidate. They do have a good primer on their website about how leases work which would be good reading for you.

In answer to your other questions, lease turn in can be a challenge, depending upon the manufacturer/the condition of the vehicle/and whether you are leasing another vehicle from them. You can avoid all of that if you just sell your lease instead of doing a lease turn-in. [That has become more of a challenge as many manufacturers are either restricting 3rd party buyouts of leases or charging a higher price for another dealer to buy it out than the individual.]

Their are lease return damage guidelines that you can get during your lease - where they tell you how many dings/scratches are allowed per panel and at what size they will try to charge you for excessive wear and tear. I have leased about 10 vehicles in the last 9 years and have only once turned one in at lease end - all the others were either traded in as part of a new purchase/lease or sold outright to Carvana/Carmax/etc.

In regards to the particular thread being referenced, the dealer was offering up to 16% off MSRP (before any incentives were applied) for orders. That pricing was for either lease or purchase. Depending upon how you decided to procure it would impact the final cost as the incentives are different for lease vs purchase and are tied to region of registration for FCA.

I know a number of people on LH who took advantage of that pricing (including myself) and we will see over the next few months, as those trucks get delivered, how smooth the process is. The other 2 times I have used a broker to lease a vehicle were by far the easiest vehicle acquisition transactions ever. One of them they met me at my mom's house in MD (PA dealer) and I signed the paperwork in the back of the SUV, the other I was in and out of the dealer (different PA dealer) in ~30-45 min - no hard sell in the finance office. Sign papers, program phone, get in the car and drive away.

Users who are viewing this thread