5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Southside

Reaction score
Renae has been excellent at MD. I'll be flying out 1k+ and well worth it for the price! If everyone had the ability to travel, it would force the local dealers to have fair pricing. Most the dealers in Midwest (Illinois/Indiana/Wisconsin) are nowhere near invoice and most are at MSRP or higher on an ORDERED truck! I'm all for supporting local dealerships, but not when they're taking advantage of the current situation. I actually offer $1k more than MD to a local dealership and they looked at me like I was making up MD's offer.

Don't get me started on used car prices.......
I'm up in New England and plan on having it delivered, verse the 22 hour drive. Quotes for shipping vary from 1-2k with high end being enclosed trailer. MD's offer with delivery is still a lot lower than local places i called/emailed,who were MSRP, MSRP+, or didn't bother replying.

Phippy

Reaction score
For my area I'm pretty pleased with my Laramie deal. 1% below invoice with additional $1k rebate for now with possible more when it arrives. I know dealer cost is much lower but if possible I try to stay local. Can't imagine myself being happy after driving from MD dealership back to MA only to run out of fingers and toes counting all the rock chips from my journey home. I know they will appear sooner or later even with the best defensive driving but not on the first few days of ownership if I have a say. Not only that I never purchase a unseen vehicle. Sad times for sure.

Ram_Roamer

Reaction score
I'm up in New England and plan on having it delivered, verse the 22 hour drive. Quotes for shipping vary from 1-2k with high end being enclosed trailer. MD's offer with delivery is still a lot lower than local places i called/emailed,who were MSRP, MSRP+, or didn't bother replying.
New england village? I looked at shipping, still cheaper with MD's price! I'm a bit OCD and would like to inspect the truck before i sign for it. I was informed about a company called Lemon Squad that can do this for you and provide you an inspection report. I assume it's more often used for out of state used car purchases, but you never know these days, even new cars can be damaged if they've been moved by fork lifts or sat out in a yard for a long time.

see article: https://www.gm-trucks.com/gm-storin...s-in-muddy-field-moving-them-with-fork-lifts/

Southside

Reaction score
What??? You should definitely be looking for at minimum 4% below Invoice. If you're not, you either haven't shopped around or don't care about over paying. The dealer still makes profit from selling below invoice because Invoice is not actually "dealer cost".

This the is the way i look at it. If you were a business owner, would you rather:
1. Sell 5 vehicles with huge profit and have 5 pissed off customers that never come back to buy another vehicle OR
2. Sell 25 vehicles with less profit and have 25 happy customers that keep coming back to buy from you?

I'd pick 2 all day long, that's what Mark Dodge is doing.
I think option #2 likely makes more profit. Dealers are getting the "Hold Back" but also have incentives attached to sales targets from Stellantis. If they get X% off of their cost for all of the vehicles that they sold that quarter/year, model type, etc. that's huge. Also, its on factory orders, which you pick up right away, so minimum inventory costs, etc.

Ram_Roamer

Reaction score
I think option #2 likely makes more profit. Dealers are getting the "Hold Back" but also have incentives attached to sales targets from Stellantis. If they get X% off of their cost for all of the vehicles that they sold that quarter/year, model type, etc. that's huge. Also, its on factory orders, which you pick up right away, so minimum inventory costs, etc.
100% to everything you said! there's a bunch of dealer incentives for hitting milestones and targets! So in the end, you get even higher profits, PLUS a bunch of customers that keep coming back to buy from it. That's why I'm so against supporting these local dealers that think it's okay to price gouge and take advantage of the current situation. Especially for ordered units that they're guaranteed to sell. It's a little different if you cant wait the build lead time and need a vehicle right away. Unfortunately, that price is dictated by supply vs demand.

Kingbama

Reaction score
Poor Sandi. I’ve been going back and forth with her since August. And of course now the price increase. But she did quote me a night edition Laramie with bed utility group, tonneau cover, ASG, and 12 inch screen for 56k plus $444 fees and tax with the 2k rebate included. I’m prolly going to go ahead and jump on this finally depending what they give me for my trade in. I keep praying nightly Ram Month (10k off) will bless us again. It seems to be a unicorn nowadays tho.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Poor Sandi. I’ve been going back and forth with her since August. And of course now the price increase. But she did quote me a night edition Laramie with bed utility group, tonneau cover, ASG, and 12 inch screen for 56k plus $444 fees and tax with the 2k rebate included. I’m prolly going to go ahead and jump on this finally depending what they give me for my trade in. I keep praying nightly Ram Month (10k off) will bless us again. It seems to be a unicorn nowadays tho.
Yeah, I bet we won't see that again for quite some time.

ChattanoogaTNRam

Reaction score
Whose the sale rep? I'd take that deal and I'm shopping for one.

jorzed

Reaction score
For any financial guru’s here I have a question…is it better to place a large down payment on my truck and take the $2500 cash incentive and finance the remainder (say 20k) for around 2.9% or take a 0% APR for 48 months. I’m assuming the cash incentive offer saves more then the financing cost (depending on monthly rates), any input is greatly appreciated!

Southside

Reaction score
For any financial guru’s here I have a question…is it better to place a large down payment on my truck and take the $2500 cash incentive and finance the remainder (say 20k) for around 2.9% or take a 0% APR for 48 months. I’m assuming the cash incentive offer saves more then the financing cost (depending on monthly rates), any input is greatly appreciated!

Guru i'm not but here Link is a calulator that will show you the total cost of the loan. Compare that to the return you are making on your investments.

ashott989

Reaction score
In addition to @Southside response, here is a link that will compare rebate vs finance. Has a little more variability.

Last edited:

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Depends how much of a down payment, what you'd do with that cash if you didn't put it down, and length of the 2.9% loan. Is there a minimum down payment for either of those rates and what's the loan term for 2.9%?

jwortsman

Reaction score
Been lurking for a while here and thanks to all the input in this forum I put in my order with MD this morning. Very straight forward process, no gimmicks, no games, it is what it is. Ordered a Longhorn at 4.8% below invoice before incentives... slightly more expensive believe it or not than the Limited, but I like the interior better and less chrome. Locked the $1k incentive, but can be replaced if better incentives at time of delivery.

Ram_Roamer

Reaction score
Been lurking for a while here and thanks to all the input in this forum I put in my order with MD this morning. Very straight forward process, no gimmicks, no games, it is what it is. Ordered a Longhorn at 4.8% below invoice before incentives... slightly more expensive believe it or not than the Limited, but I like the interior better and less chrome. Locked the $1k incentive, but can be replaced if better incentives at time of delivery.
Congrats on the order!!!!

Southside

Reaction score

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was hoping to get delivery of my truck between March and April, but things are moving much quicker than i expected.
Things are going much slower than I expected but fast enough to where I'll probably miss it. Then again, I was initially expecting a September delivery 😝

Users who are viewing this thread