5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$200 happens to be the difference between level "2" and level "B". Level b does not come with BSM sensors.

Which of course as we all know, when this all blows over and things go back to normal, I'm sure FCA stellantis will be happy to take $200 from you to install what you missed out on due to the shortage. Surely, that's all it would cost to add that back in at the dealership.

Joesmud1

Reaction score
2021 Bighorn 4x4 Quad Cab

5.7 Hemi, 3.92 axle, Night package, Level 2, Trailer tow package, Rubber mats

MSRP - $51,050
Bonus cash - $4500
Dealer discount - $4500
Price (minus tax/license) - $42,050

Easily the best truck available for $42k in my opinion...
Most dealers laughed at me for thinking I could get a 4x4 Hemi at or under $40k and some didn't believe a dealer would sell at $9k off MSRP

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score

MSRP - $51,050
Bonus cash - $4500
Dealer discount - $4500

Most dealers laughed at me for thinking I could get a 4x4 Hemi at or under $40k and some didn't believe a dealer would sell at $9k off MSRP

Nice price! When did you order it, and did it arrive yet?

greenlawnracing

Reaction score

MSRP - $51,050
Bonus cash - $4500
Dealer discount - $4500

Agreed, you won’t get anything better for $42,000. 18% off in a crazy market, congratulations

Hasti17

Reaction score
Haha, It was a strange time. Also, I got about 10k extra on my trade in. So my brain called it a wash. Could have waited a bit it seems, but I think trade in values have dropped since.
ehh my diesel canyon actually went Up in value since the summer... im still trying to get that math through my head i just hope the more i drive it the more its worth to someone else at this point. not gonna question its only helping me in the end.

cobrakai77584

Reaction score
Just ordered a Rebel 5.7 w/ Level B equipment and night edition at 7K off MSRP ($49,052) thru Mark Dodge. Sandi has been amazing to work with. Hopefully there are some incentives at time of delivery but otherwise, Now the wait begins.

Joesmud1

Reaction score
Nice price! When did you order it, and did it arrive yet?
Oh, I bought it off the lot…This particular dealer (Elk Grove CDRJ near Sacramento) has quite a few in stock at the same discount. This was in October so the bonus cash offers may be Different now.

I lucked out with a local dealer, as I was all ready to fly back east to buy a truck & drive it back to California to get that extra dealer discount. One dealer about 200 miles away from me flat out said I was lying and that I should jump on the (9k off) deal since they were marking up their Rams a minimum of $5995 over MSRP

Reactions: c3k

spyder

Reaction score
Ha, funny. I almost bought a Big Horn 3.92 5.7 non-eTorque for 42k at Elk Grove last week too. It was in stock, but didn't have the big fuel tank or the off road group I wanted. Wound up picking up an in stock Rebel elsewhere for 49k that afternoon. I didn't really try to haggle at all as it was what I wanted at a price I thought was fair, and below MSRP by several thousand.

Elk Grove has impressive stock for current times, and I was hoping they'd have exactly what I wanted but they didn't quite come close enough. Salesman named Mo there was great.

Joesmud1

Reaction score
Ha, funny. I almost bought a Big Horn 3.92 5.7 non-eTorque for 42k at Elk Grove last week too. It was in stock, but didn't have the big fuel tank or the off road group I wanted. Wound up picking up an in stock Rebel elsewhere for 49k that afternoon. I didn't really try to haggle at all as it was what I wanted at a price I thought was fair, and below MSRP by several thousand.

Elk Grove has impressive stock for current times, and I was hoping they'd have exactly what I wanted but they didn't quite come close enough. Salesman named Mo there was great.

Oh yeah...mine has the 33 gallon tank also.

42k was above my max price, but they gave me a couple grand more for my trade than what I thought so it all worked out.

soSincerious

Reaction score
just goes to show deals are still out there ...

dealers only earn what they turn, that is, they only get new allocations if they show they can sell what they've got. so if a certain dealer wants new trucks on their lot in the coming months, they better show the manufacturer that they can quickly sell them.

it's a weird balance for dealers right now. make the same (or more) money with less inventory, or make an aggressive push and see where you land.

wild times indeed!

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
just goes to show deals are still out there ...

dealers only earn what they turn, that is, they only get new allocations if they show they can sell what they've got. so if a certain dealer wants new trucks on their lot in the coming months, they better show the manufacturer that they can quickly sell them.

it's a weird balance for dealers right now. make the same (or more) money with less inventory, or make an aggressive push and see where you land.

wild times indeed!
The dealers overpriced trucks now trying to make as much money as possible on each one (but not selling many units because of being too $$$) may very well regret it later when the manufacturer doesn't send them many trucks once deliveries get to normal levels. Then they will overpriced those because of lack of volume and those will sit.

Tranzella

Reaction score
2021 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab, 5'7" Bed

EcoDiesel, 3.21 axle, Brown Leather Interior with Buckets and Console, Level A, Anti-Spin, 33 Gallon Tank, 20 Premium Wheels, Pearl White Paint

MSRP - $60,720
Negotiated Price - $49,200 before TTL
@d3sarius…if you don’t mind me asking, what dealer is this? Thanks!

Tranzella

Reaction score
Just ordered a Rebel 5.7 w/ Level B equipment and night edition at 7K off MSRP ($49,052) thru Mark Dodge. Sandi has been amazing to work with. Hopefully there are some incentives at time of delivery but otherwise, Now the wait begins.
@cobrakai77584…when I use the Ram app and build a Rebel with just the hemi, night edition and level b, msrp is at $59,510. What am I missing here? You got a great deal!

derk916

Reaction score
@cobrakai77584…when I use the Ram app and build a Rebel with just the hemi, night edition and level b, msrp is at $59,510. What am I missing here? You got a great deal!
Sounds like you're missing the part about contacting Mark Dodge. That is what most users including myself are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread