5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Hasti17

Reaction score
So...

My Laramie POC shows BSM...
This is news because my 2022 was BUILT with it not even being an option you could request.
Actually gonna be livid if they brought it back on, told NO ONE WITH A SOLD ORDER, and the produced trucks without it because we were told at time of order unlike all the other trims that as a laramie buyer it was not an option.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is news because my 2022 was BUILT with it not even being an option you could request

So am I just lucky, or am I about to be disappointed? Seems Mark Dodge knows what they're doing.

Hasti17

Reaction score
So am I just lucky, or am I about to be disappointed? Seems Mark Dodge knows what they're doing.
They do, in april of last year they Revised the laramie trim, from level 1/2 to level a/b instead, that change witch CARRIED OVER to the 2022's did only ONE thing. It removed BSM and the other autonomous safety features from being orderable on a laramie trim

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They do, in april of last year they Revised the laramie trim, from level 1/2 to level a/b instead, that change witch CARRIED OVER to the 2022's did only ONE thing. It removed BSM and the other autonomous safety features from being orderable on a laramie trim

poc.PNG

Hasti17

Reaction score

So to answer that, mark dodge is fine, is means ram corporate just quietly added back BSM and made no formal changes, as to i would imagine not **** off people like me who were told it would not be an option able to order anytime soon on a laramie.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So to answer that, mark dodge is fine, is means ram corporate just quietly added back BSM and made no formal changes, as to i would imagine not **** off people like me who were told it would not be an option able to order anytime soon on a laramie.
Hey, at least you got that sweet interior! 🍻

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, well it does say Level 1 instead of Level A. That’s promising
After reading what some have gone through, I'll feel better when I get the truck lol.

It's not a deal-breaker, but BSM with the trailer sense is a big reason I liked the Ram.

Derek916

Reaction score
I ordered the Laramie with Level 1 and it does have BSM. I was on pause for a week with MD while they waited to confirm what the differences would be after Ram rebranded Level A to Level 1. I think that was the only change. There were no price changes.

As for motor I went with the regular 5.7. The thread with people’s trucks turning off and throwing no diagnosis code isn’t worth the hassle IMO. Thanks to everyone for their opinions.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I ordered the Laramie with Level 1 and it does have BSM. I was on pause for a week with MD while they waited to confirm what the differences would be after Ram rebranded Level A to Level 1. I think that was the only change. There were no price changes.

As for motor I went with the regular 5.7. The thread with people’s trucks turning off and throwing no diagnosis code isn’t worth the hassle IMO. Thanks to everyone for their opinions.

You'll be happy regardless of which you pick. My trucks 15 months old and has had zero issues with anything, I'm completely happy and I suspect you too will be very satisfied once it arrives.
The thing you need to remember with forums is that the negative comments will always be posted and make it appear that its a wide spread issue whereas positive comments are rarely posted.
You also have to take into account the people making the comments and their ability to accurately describe the issue, I work in IT and rarely does anyone accurately report a problem they are having to me.
There's a thread with complaints about the auto start/stop and the truck getting muggy because the AC compressor stops, another person stated his previous fords AC didn't shut off during start/stop, ok. Take the complaints with a larger grain of salt

scuba

Reaction score
Watch out if you ordered with affiliate pricing.

I was wondering how this was to go down with the affiliate pricing endingon 2022 orders. Just picked up my 2022 yesterday. Dealership said they would still sale me at the price we signed when ordering.

Last night looking over the paperwork. Didn't realize that they charged me $500 more then agreed. So they could take the $500 rebate Ram was promoting. Because they where taking such a loss.

Sales manager called me back to kind of split difference on a spray in bed liner.

Man watch those numbers like a hawk when signing. I thought I was good at watching numbers

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Watch out if you ordered with affiliate pricing.

I was wondering how this was to go down with the affiliate pricing endingon 2022 orders. Just picked up my 2022 yesterday. Dealership said they would still sale me at the price we signed when ordering.

Last night looking over the paperwork. Didn't realize that they charged me $500 more then agreed. So they could take the $500 rebate Ram was promoting. Because they where taking such a loss.

Sales manager called me back to kind of split difference on a spray in bed liner.

Man watch those numbers like a hawk when signing. I thought I was good at watching numbers

Remember this when you get the survey from FCA. And be sure to tell them that you were going to give them 10s across the board, but now you are going to have to hit them on the survey. But hey, I’m sure the $500 additional profit is worth a bad survey. It’s not like there are potentially 10s of thousands of bonus money at risk if their survey averages drop below a certain number.

scuba

Reaction score
I feel they don't care. Since they told me over and over that they usually sell these trucks a few thousand over MSRP.

Derek916

Reaction score
So I noticed that the MSRP on what I signed on 10/28 is less than what is stated on my updated MSRP on 11/3 when I got my vin by about $100. Is this normal? It’s due to an increase in price in the Level 1 package.

scuba

Reaction score
So I noticed that the MSRP on what I signed on 10/28 is less than what is stated on my updated MSRP on 11/3 when I got my vin by about $100. Is this normal? It’s due to an increase in price in the Level 1 package.
My MSRP was lower by ~$200 with a L2 Laramie package. Not sure why your price would change less than a week.

Derek916

Reaction score
My MSRP was lower by ~$200 with a L2 Laramie package. Not sure why your price would change less than a week.

I confirmed that my original MSRP is locked. There have been three price increases since I started looking in August.

mwoods269

Reaction score
2022 Limited $73,250 msrp

$1500 off in dealer coupons
$3500 discount on top of that
($5000 total discount)

Hasti17

Reaction score

$200 happens to be the difference between level "2" and level "B". Level b does not come with BSM sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread