5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Cmousel

Reaction score
Thanks to this thread, I put in a new order at a different dealer once knowing what some of you were paying around the country. Got a quote from Lakeland Ram on a 2022 Ram Rebel with MSRP of $67,345 and was quoted $59,373. They locked in the price and were very quick for me. Trade will be appraised when truck arrives but already have great offers from others as well. Thanks to all of your help I was able to make some huge savings!! Now I wait like all the rest of you in limbo until teuck arrives. At least more videos are coming out to keep me sane until then!

Hasti17

Reaction score
Thanks to this thread, I put in a new order at a different dealer once knowing what some of you were paying around the country. Got a quote from Lakeland Ram on a 2022 Ram Rebel with MSRP of $67,345 and was quoted $59,373. They locked in the price and were very quick for me. Trade will be appraised when truck arrives but already have great offers from others as well. Thanks to all of your help I was able to make some huge savings!! Now I wait like all the rest of you in limbo until teuck arrives. At least more videos are coming out to keep me sane until then!
CONGRATS
sounds like you just made yourself a nice little mod the truck fund

derk916

Reaction score
Ready to place my order today...but can't decide on last piece. 5.7 or 5.7 with ET? I plan to keep the truck for at least 10 years so I worry about battery replacement. Has there been anything posted on how long they're supposed to last? Only thing I could find is that there is an 8 year warranty and the battery is about $1500.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ready to place my order today...but can't decide on last piece. 5.7 or 5.7 with ET? I plan to keep the truck for at least 10 years so I worry about battery replacement. Has there been anything posted on how long they're supposed to last? Only thing I could find is that there is an 8 year warranty and the battery is about $1500.

I wouldn't, but I didn't even want it on a vehicle I plan to have 3-4 years.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
$1500 after 8 years doesn't sound too bad.

I went for it because I thought I'd probably end up upgrading to an HD when the next gens come out, and any problems with it should be well after I trade the truck.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you like the auto start/stop, then get the hemi with the ET. If you hate the auto start/stop, get the regular hemi. The fuel economy numbers reported by drivers seem to be nearly identical too.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I have the eT and would prefer to not have it. Don't like how it has the same feeling as engine braking when slowing down (does this to recharge the 48v battery). The shifting is slightly smoother and I don't mind this implementation of start stop. I will probably get a 2024 model without it.

derk916

Reaction score
Thanks all, going to go with non eT I think after seeing the thread in the powertrain section consisting of primarily ET, including 2021 users' trucks turning off while driving. Here is the link if anyone is interested...may not happen to all but that is some scary gambling.

Redfour5

Reaction score
Go with the regular engine no ET... Less money, fewer problems and the performance enhancement is negligible at best.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Go with the regular engine no ET... Less money, fewer problems and the performance enhancement is negligible at best.

Is it less money on the 2022? My POC showed $2295 in different quotes from different dealers.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the eT and would prefer to not have it. Don't like how it has the same feeling as engine braking when slowing down (does this to recharge the 48v battery). The shifting is slightly smoother and I don't mind this implementation of start stop. I will probably get a 2024 model without it.

You've had the truck for more than a year now and could have traded it multiple times if that was really an issue. I felt/noticed etorque braking for about week then never noticed it again, I even look for the ET braking action from time to time and its barely noticeable. There may be something wrong with your truck as with mine this sensation is barely noticeable and certainly not annoying

BowDown

Reaction score
Thanks all, going to go with non eT I think after seeing the thread in the powertrain section consisting of primarily ET, including 2021 users' trucks turning off while driving. Here is the link if anyone is interested...may not happen to all but that is some scary gambling.

Buy what you want but I wouldn't base that decision from negative reports you read here, some complaints would lead you to buy Ford or Chevy

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You've had the truck for more than a year now and could have traded it multiple times if that was really an issue. I felt/noticed etorque braking for about week then never noticed it again, I even look for the ET braking action from time to time and its barely noticeable. There may be something wrong with your truck as with mine this sensation is barely noticeable and certainly not annoying
You have your opinion and I have mine. The OP asked for opinions and in a post below you essentially told him to ignore opinions that are not yours.

And I did try to trade a month after but couldn't justify the $2000+ hit. Then in spring ordered a non eT Limited but didn't take delivery in August when it arrived because the dealer played games on price once it arrived. So I am going to live with it for a while and probably get a 2024.

BowDown

Reaction score
You have your opinion and I have mine. The OP asked for opinions and in a post below you essentially told him to ignore opinions that are not yours.

And I did try to trade a month after but couldn't justify the $2000+ hit. Then in spring ordered a non eT Limited but didn't take delivery in August when it arrived because the dealer played games on price once it arrived. So I am going to live with it for a while and probably get a 2024.

RIF.
I Clearly stated do what you wanted because a significant portion of the Ram quality comments here would lead you to a different brand, yours included.
As for your trade, we are in the hottest used car market in the history of this this planet, if you couldn't trade a vehicle in and make money for the last 18 months, you weren't trying.
A person could walk in the door drooling and licking windows and still come out ahead. PM that guy 25 pages or so back that claimed he was still getting 24-25% off in this market, maybe he could work the dealer over for you.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RIF.
I Clearly stated do what you wanted because a significant portion of the Ram quality comments here would lead you to a different brand, yours included.
As for your trade, we are in the hottest used car market in the history of this this planet, if you couldn't trade a vehicle in and make money for the last 18 months, you weren't trying.
A person could walk in the door drooling and licking windows and still come out ahead. PM that guy 25 pages or so back that claimed he was still getting 24-25% off in this market, maybe he could work the dealer over for you.
Stop talking out of your p00per. Shortly after purchase I would have been down $2000+ based on trade and purchase of the new one. It wasn't until April that trade prices soared. But that is also when new prices rose. I got $4k more offered on trade on the Limited and a price of invoice - full holdback... until delivery when they wouldn't honor my PenFed like they said they would. I ordered the Limited because lot trucks were sky high as trades rose, and blind spot is a non-negotiable for me and they stopped offering that on Laramie.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
BSM was indeed dropped mid-way through 2021 on Laramie.

Which is why they changed the package names from Level 1/2 to Level A/B

Bringing back it to Laramie for 2022 would be progress
Sure, but the dude was talking about ordering a 2022...

Users who are viewing this thread