5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

kooz21

Reaction score
That can't be real can it? What would custom ordering one from them cost then?

Edit: okay for refrence I'm pending delivery of a custom ordered ram. The deal has technically been worked out for convenience sake so I could just pick up the truck once it's their. But they have not received the money from me yet. I have a deposit and the loan ready too from logix.

Here's my "deal" please review and tell me if I should walk away and make them eat the order? I even have my $500 deposit check they gave it back already....

Seriously thank you to everyone in here for all the help, I just want my truck already and I don't want to overpay on it.
You’re comparing a 3.6 L vs a 5.7L eTourqe here

duracell24

Reaction score
My question is this- Assuming that the Employee Pricing incentive is a manufacturer supplied rebate, wouldn't pulling the trigger at MSRP - employee pricing = buying the vehicle at MSRP? Seems like there would still be quite a bit of meat on the bone from the dealers perspective. Also, does the $1500 "pop up" incentive (from the ram landing page) stack with the employee pricing incentive?
I have the exact same question. I also have a deal where the only applied discount is the Employee Pricing Plus. If this is a rebate, I should have another $4-5k in dealer discount to work with, correct?

2020 Longhorn
MSRP: $67,700
Sale Price: $59,000
Dealer Fees: $580.50
Total: $59580.50

% off MSRP including all fees: 11.0%
% off MSRP with rebates: 15.0%
I have $2000 in rebates ($1500 Private offer and $500 military) and a trade...but I’m not counting those to keep the comparison fair. Same with Taxes

So, is this a terrible deal? 11% isn’t anything to write home about and obviously the dealer doesn’t eat my $2,000 in rebates. Could I really get another $4-$5k off in dealer discount?

Maxx

Reaction score
Does anyone from nj know how much extra sales tax is applied in virginia.. i know there is something extra Cant find it
I purchased in Fredericksburg & only paid NJ tax, which they tried to increase until they looked it up. They charge a hefty dealer fee.

Total

Reaction score
My deal finalized. Will be picking up the truck tomorrow morning. It's not the greatest deal but hopefully this information will be helpful to others.

Ordered on 10/23/20 and arrived at the dealer on 11/30/20

Dealer: Hoblit Ram in Woodland CA
Truck: 2021 Ram Rebel
MSRP: $66,200
Negotiated price: $60,000
Rebate: $1500 (pop up cash bonus), $500 (military)
Weight fee: $154
License/Title: $737.75
Delivery fee: $85
Taxes: $5257.44
Down payment: $20000
Total amount financed: $44234.19

Will be financing with Chrysler Capital (0% for 60 months). I was hoping for the same incentives as November or better but it didn't happen lol. There are better deals out there but this deal is right for me due to location and the communication from the dealer.

Nevadadrifter

Reaction score
My deal finalized. Will be picking up the truck tomorrow morning. It's not the greatest deal but hopefully this information will be helpful to others.

Will be financing with Chrysler Capital (0% for 60 months). I was hoping for the same incentives as November or better but it didn't happen lol. There are better deals out there but this deal is right for me due to location and the communication from the dealer.
How was the buying process through Hoblit? I'm in Reno and have considered going through them since their prices seem reasonable. Easy negotiation, or hours of going back and forth?

kooz21

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're referring to if you are referencing something in my post.

Both attached photo's are from my truck order...
I thought you were directly comparing your deal to the $53K limited in that "can't be real" listing. I figured that one was so cheap because it's a 3.6L and not a hemi (like yours). After looking at it again, I see your point. Regardless of the engine, it's $10K off! I've seen a few deals in that ballpark, but there's usually a reason I'm not interested. For example, I was eyeing one truck that was $14K off, which pulled it down into my price range. But then they added $5K of crap onto the truck that took it right back out of my range. In the end, I ended up taking the suggestions on this forum, joined Tread Lightly and ordered a truck from Lakeland. MSRP was about $61K and there's about an $8K discount plus any rebates at delivery. So when I look at your deal, I'm thinking that you can do better. But you might have to do it all online and have it shipped. Depends on where you live.

Kazoo

Reaction score
Laramie - $71,800 - EP $62,500 - 8500 rebates... $54,000 price of truck... About 23%-25% give or take on my deal...

kooz21

Reaction score
Laramie - $71,800 - EP $62,500 - 8500 rebates... $54,000 price of truck... About 23%-25% give or take on my deal...
I’d love to hear the details of the $8500 in rebates.

NikoSuave

Reaction score
I thought you were directly comparing your deal to the $53K limited in that "can't be real" listing. I figured that one was so cheap because it's a 3.6L and not a hemi (like yours). After looking at it again, I see your point. Regardless of the engine, it's $10K off! I've seen a few deals in that ballpark, but there's usually a reason I'm not interested. For example, I was eyeing one truck that was $14K off, which pulled it down into my price range. But then they added $5K of crap onto the truck that took it right back out of my range. In the end, I ended up taking the suggestions on this forum, joined Tread Lightly and ordered a truck from Lakeland. MSRP was about $61K and there's about an $8K discount plus any rebates at delivery. So when I look at your deal, I'm thinking that you can do better. But you might have to do it all online and have it shipped. Depends on where you live.
yeah after some more quick researching looks like I could save 3k-ish if I were to go through criswell that's just based on the info they have, but then I'd have to ship to California which I can imagine coming from the east cost is cheap. Maybe need to look into using that as a bargaining tool to at least save another 1k and get it from them....

Too many variables I'm trying to figure out.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I have the exact same question. I also have a deal where the only applied discount is the Employee Pricing Plus. If this is a rebate, I should have another $4-5k in dealer discount to work with, correct?

2020 Longhorn
MSRP: $67,700
Sale Price: $59,000
Dealer Fees: $580.50
Total: $59580.50

% off MSRP including all fees: 11.0%
% off MSRP with rebates: 15.0%
I have $2000 in rebates ($1500 Private offer and $500 military) and a trade...but I’m not counting those to keep the comparison fair. Same with Taxes

So, is this a terrible deal? 11% isn’t anything to write home about and obviously the dealer doesn’t eat my $2,000 in rebates. Could I really get another $4-$5k off in dealer discount?

During Employee Pricing Plus anyone can get 5% under factory invoice. If you can get them to 7% to 10% I would think that is a great deal. This is before any other rebates/incentives.

You can find invoice pricing for your model and all factory options at one of these websites.
NADA Guides - LINK
Car Connection - LINK

AK103

Reaction score

They're letting you use the $1500 cash bonus and $500 military discount, PLUS 0% for 60 months?
It's generally rebates or 0% not both.

AK103

Reaction score
Does anyone from nj know how much extra sales tax is applied in virginia.. i know there is something extra Cant find it

Are you from NJ?
You shouldn't be paying "extra tax" -
You would pay tax from the state you're registering the vehicle in.

Total

Reaction score
How was the buying process through Hoblit? I'm in Reno and have considered going through them since their prices seem reasonable. Easy negotiation, or hours of going back and forth?
Very easy to deal with. I worked with the fleet manager and he was straight forward on what he can and cannot do. The manager is very responsive to my emails. I provided him with the number I got from Criswell/Dennis Dillon and asked him if he can match it. He wasn't able to match it but it was only about $800 more than Criswell. Dennis Dillon gave me the lowest quote but the salesperson stopped responding to my email for couple of days when I asked them about the stipulation to get the price they quoted (must finance with them and only allowed $10k as down payment). Both Dennis and Criswell has high processing fee but Hoblit only charge $85. Overall, the money I save with Dennis or Criswell would of gone toward my flight, hotel, gas, food, and days off work to drive the truck back. I live in Southern California but travel up to Northern California once a month for work (free hotel and food) so it worked out perfectly buying from Hoblit.

Total

Reaction score
They're letting you use the $1500 cash bonus and $500 military discount, PLUS 0% for 60 months?
It's generally rebates or 0% not both.

Yes. I don't think the cash bonus and the military discount count against the 0%.

AK103

Reaction score
Yes. I don't think the cash bonus and the military discount count against the 0%.

It's always rebates or 0%. (Or a small bonus + 0%)
It's never both. So be leery when you're doing your final paperwork.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Very easy to deal with. I worked with the fleet manager and he was straight forward on what he can and cannot do. The manager is very responsive to my emails. I provided him with the number I got from Criswell/Dennis Dillon and asked him if he can match it. He wasn't able to match it but it was only about $800 more than Criswell. Dennis Dillon gave me the lowest quote but the salesperson stopped responding to my email for couple of days when I asked them about the stipulation to get the price they quoted (must finance with them and only allowed $10k as down payment). Both Dennis and Criswell has high processing fee but Hoblit only charge $85. Overall, the money I save with Dennis or Criswell would of gone toward my flight, hotel, gas, food, and days off work to drive the truck back. I live in Southern California but travel up to Northern California once a month for work (free hotel and food) so it worked out perfectly buying from Hoblit.
Dennis Dillon requires you to finance with them to get their best price. However you can pay it off or refinance with no penalties. They ask you to wait six months before doing so.

Total

Reaction score
Dennis Dillon requires you to finance with them to get their best price. However you can pay it off or refinance with no penalties. They ask you to wait six months before doing so.

Yep found that out after I started working with Hoblit. Dennis salesperson just stopped responding and a week later a new person replied to my question.

Users who are viewing this thread