5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2021 Loaded Laramie came in at $71,155 MSRP. See signature for Build.
Criswell had a Discount of $8538 Then add Incentives at time of Delivery,
your State Sales Tax, Registration, and a $500 Maryland Processing fee.

So for me it would be:

$71,155 MSRP
- $8,538 Discount
- $3,500 Rebates and incentives in Nov
= $59,117

+ $2,710 for 10yr/125Mi warranty (Allstate)
+ $0 NH sales Ta
+ $900 NH Registration ($18/$1k Base Price+ Destination)
+ $500 MD Processing Fee
= $ 63,227

-$5,000 Down Payment

$58,227 Financed

I was just over $60K Financed through the Local Dealer I ordered
the truck with before I joined this forum and knew about Criswell
So I would have saved an extra $2K.

So $70K OTD on a $77K MSRP is very Likely.

Malodave

NikoSuave

Reaction score

So for me it would be:

$71,155 MSRP
- $8,538 Discount
= $59,117

+ $0 NH sales Ta
+ $500 MD Processing Fee
= $ 63,227

-$5,000 Down Payment

$58,227 Financed

Malodave
yeah i think I saw you post about that elsewhere. But if you saved the 2k there wouldn't it just cost you that much to ship it to you anyways?

Grouper

Reaction score
TL;DR Fck-fck games were played, so I walked away from Koon's at Tysons.

First, they wouldn't take off the double charge for the destination fee. No problem, because of this board, I was expecting some debauchery. But then they wouldn't apply the cash bonus because they said it was already included in the initial offer. After a little back and forth (after I told them that I could walk away), the big boss wanted to "make it right" by splitting the difference to $750.

Unfortunately I am a stubborn person and I had my heart set on the whole $1500 coming off ever since @z0n3 posted its availability last week. I told him thanks but no thanks. After more minutes passed, and they were still playing with my credit card, I said that I could just pay cash if he took the $1500 off. He politely declined. A few more minutes passed, and he said he could make it work if I financed. I thought about it for a second and asked about penalties or fees, and he said no early pay off fee, etc. I said sure, depending on the rate. Good! Back on track! Started filling out the credit application, and told the salesman that the APR needed to be 0%, because that was the website incentive for the Tradesman. I was told that they couldn't sell me the truck at that price with 0% APR. The deal finally died.

But I must say, the hour and a half it took them to put my deposit back on my credit card allowed me to re-evaluated my requirements for a vehicle. I think I'm going to go with a car with a V8 instead of a truck. I sure wish the Pontiac G8 was still being made...

For the record, it only took a month and a couple days from ordering to arriving at the dealership. Anybody need a Max steel Metallic Tradesman with 3.92 gears with a 33 Gallon Tank? Lol! So close....
View attachment 75419
View attachment 75420
View attachment 75422
Not sure what's that all about. I ordered through Koons with Craig. My truck has been delivered to the dealership and I will take delivery in a couple of weeks.

The quote I signed clearly states "less any rebates at delivery." I don't yet know what the December incentives will be but I have the $1500 bonus cash offer from Ram and I fully expect it to be honored.

Also, I'm not sure why they put that $1695 destination fee on your buyers order. It's definitely not an additional line item on mine.

Paultg

Reaction score

So for me it would be:

$71,155 MSRP
- $8,538 Discount
= $59,117

+ $0 NH sales Ta
+ $500 MD Processing Fee
= $ 63,227

-$5,000 Down Payment

$58,227 Financed

Malodave
Hey, another NH Criswell buyer! I did the same! I’m in Londonderry.

Paultg

Reaction score
yeah i think I saw you post about that elsewhere. But if you saved the 2k there wouldn't it just cost you that much to ship it to you anyways?
It’s like $100 or less flight to MD from NH on Southwest. Maybe a rental car from Baltimore to dealer for $50. Then a 7-8 hour drive back.

AK103

Reaction score
Not sure what's that all about. I ordered through Koons with Craig. My truck has been delivered to the dealership and I will take delivery in a couple of weeks.

The quote I signed clearly states "less any rebates at delivery." I don't yet know what the December incentives will be but I have the $1500 bonus cash offer from Ram and I fully expect it to be honored.

Also, I'm not sure why they put that $1695 destination fee on your buyers order. It's definitely not an additional line item on mine.

They do have a habit of taking it out of the MSRP, calculating the invoice discount - then rea-dding the destination charge.

And if they treat you like the other gentleman, I don't see them adding the bonus cash offer.

AK103

Reaction score

So for me it would be:

$71,155 MSRP
- $8,538 Discount
= $59,117

+ $0 NH sales Ta
+ $500 MD Processing Fee
= $ 63,227

-$5,000 Down Payment

$58,227 Financed

Malodave

Zero tax?
Must be nice, lol.

baccigalup

Reaction score
They do have a habit of taking it out of the MSRP, calculating the invoice discount - then rea-dding the destination charge.

And if they treat you like the other gentleman, I don't see them adding the bonus cash offer.
The other gents invoice showed a cash bonus incentive...you dont get multiple of them. Only one ...i called fca incentives and asked and they said they are not stackable...i dont show any rebates or cash incentive on my koons order and it states same as groupers...i think the othrr gent was at 19 percent under invoice and was over the limit on what they would do.....he also didnt deal with craig who seema to have a good reputation on this site..i guess grouper and i will find out soon enough, but i am not too worried he wont do the right thing..as for december rebates it seems there are the usual holdovers..military.emt...conquest etc...nothing more. But 0 percent is avaialable for 60 months and not in liu of any rebates if you qualify

Vince Shanahan

Reaction score
Good Evening , I decided to trade my 2020 Bighorn Quad in for a 2020 Laramie Crew last weekend. i went to the Ram site Black Friday.
and i received a coupon for 1500 off. Wife is not amused but she likes the new truck. if i never send another message you guys know what happened.
iI got it for 46.500 and i had 10 k equity on my Bighorn

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I made a recent purchase out of state and paid the shipping costs to have the truck delivered to my door. Did it cost, yes, but my overall savings are still greater than I could get locally. A similarly equipped truck to the one I just purchased, was best priced at $51,100. In Florida, all dealers seem to have a ridiculous "dealer fee" that is non negotiable under state law. This dealer had an $899 fee, bringing their truck to $52k. I am paying $800 for the delivery to my door and it should be here today.

For me, paying the shipping was better than me going to get it due to flight availability, the length of time required to wear a mask in the airports and plane, required hotel stay due to flight destination times and then a 10 hour drive home. I figured my costs would be about half the cost of the delivery and I now don't need to go anywhere.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Zero tax?
Must be nice, lol.
There is no Sales Tax or State Income Tax in NH.
There are a Room & Meals Tax and the Property Taxes
are High compared to other Places. But your overall
Tax burden is one of the lowest states.

The Tags run $18/1K off the Base Price, $15 the second year,
And keep going down each year to a Minimum Amount.

My 2008 Ram Big Horn is $193 with a Vanity Plate each year now.

Malodave

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey, another NH Criswell buyer! I did the same! I’m in Londonderry.
I had actually Ordered the Truck back in Sept from Bonneville in Manchester
before I joined this Forum. I did use the Criswell Website link to Negotiate
my final price. Since two Salesmen had lied to me about stuff, and I got no
status updates from my Salesman, I told them I don't NEED a new truck as my
2008 Big Horn is working fine and that I was on the edge of walking away
from the truck. They sent in the Sales Manager to work out the price.

I got to about $2K higher than Criswell would have done, But I am OK with what
I am paying.

Malodave

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was Born in Baltimore and still have family there. So they could
pick me up from BWI and run me to the dealer. I could stop at the
LEER Factory Outlet on the way hone to get the Cap Installed too.
I didn't know about Criswell, until after I had Ordered the truck locally.

Malodave

AK103

Reaction score
I made a recent purchase out of state and paid the shipping costs to have the truck delivered to my door. Did it cost, yes, but my overall savings are still greater than I could get locally. A similarly equipped truck to the one I just purchased, was best priced at $51,100. In Florida, all dealers seem to have a ridiculous "dealer fee" that is non negotiable under state law. This dealer had an $899 fee, bringing their truck to $52k. I am paying $800 for the delivery to my door and it should be here today.

For me, paying the shipping was better than me going to get it due to flight availability, the length of time required to wear a mask in the airports and plane, required hotel stay due to flight destination times and then a 10 hour drive home. I figured my costs would be about half the cost of the delivery and I now don't need to go anywhere.

I almost ended up ordering out of state as well.
Thankfully I found Lakelands promo on the 7% off invoice.
Not only did it save me a flight and 14 hour drive. It ended up being the best deal in the country on a new order.

Now it will just cost me a $25 flight to Lakeland Florida, and a 3 hour cruise home.

phil233

Reaction score
I'm interpreting that the National Retail Bonus ($500) and Consumer Cash ($1000) for a 21' Laramie is "Stackable" with the targeted coupon I received for $1500. Any thoughts?

View attachment 74898
I would say yes but who knows. I had one dealer tell me they already figured this price into their internet price. I had another dealer tell me that they figured it into their internet price and then told me I was not eligible for the internet price because I did not lease my car and raised the price $500. Another dealer honored the discount but his internet price was $1,500 higher than the other dealers so it was a wash. Essentially, I am learning the bonus cash is not special and that everyone in your geographic area is eligible for the discount. Some dealers already include it in the internet price and some don't.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
513 pages of pretty good info, time sensitive but still. I would have benefited from it back in April 2019 when I bought. Suffice to say there’s definately still year end deals to be had and “forwarned is forearmed” as the old saying goes. Hopefully potential buyers of this excellent 5th gen truck will be able to continue to play one dealer against another and score their dream ride at a fair price.

Thanks to you all who have contributed deal specifics such as dealer/salesman names and exact rebate/pricing information. You will be helping make someone(s) Christmas extra merry!

Silent Bob

Reaction score
It looks like, for December, Employee Pricing Plus is now being applied to 2021 1500's. That means that your starting price for negotiation is 5% under factory invoice at all dealerships. This would not apply to factory orders but still might be useful for negotiation. LINK

Must take delivery by 01/04/21

You can find invoice pricing for your model and all factory options at one of these websites.
NADA Guides - LINK
Car Connection - LINK

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The dealer I bought from (Kernersville RAM) is offering a 21’ Ltd 4x diesel for $53,925. 3.21, black on black.

New 2021 Ram1500 Limited Truck Crew Cab​

• VIN: 1C6SRFPM0MN541883
  • Stock: 210207

Pretty good deal. I paid $54K for a straight hemi 4x Ltd 2 years ago...

Nevadadrifter

Reaction score
Hey, everyone. Long time lurker, first time RAM buyer. I'm getting ready to take the plunge and purchase a 21 Rebel. I've nearly exhausted myself over the past few weeks, reading most of this thread, as well as many others on the site. I was watching eagerly the morning of the 1st, waiting to see what the new incentives were going to be for December. Initially things looked a bit disappointing, but the employee pricing incentive seems to provide a reasonable discount.

My question is this- Assuming that the Employee Pricing incentive is a manufacturer supplied rebate, wouldn't pulling the trigger at MSRP - employee pricing = buying the vehicle at MSRP? Seems like there would still be quite a bit of meat on the bone from the dealers perspective. Also, does the $1500 "pop up" incentive (from the ram landing page) stack with the employee pricing incentive?

Assuming I can get a 3000-4000 discount from the dealer, coupled with the employee pricing + pop up incentive, I would be ready to buy today. But is this an unreasonable deal? That would put my $64k truck down to around 52,500, which would be 18% under MSRP.

Seems like this is within reach of pricing others have been able to obtain, but also seems like it's close enough where the dealer may tell me to take a hike.

NikoSuave

Reaction score
The dealer I bought from (Kernersville RAM) is offering a 21’ Ltd 4x diesel for $53,925. 3.21, black on black.

New 2021 Ram1500 Limited Truck Crew Cab​

• VIN: 1C6SRFPM0MN541883
  • Stock: 210207

Pretty good deal. I paid $54K for a straight hemi 4x Ltd 2 years ago...
That can't be real can it? What would custom ordering one from them cost then?

Edit: okay for refrence I'm pending delivery of a custom ordered ram. The deal has technically been worked out for convenience sake so I could just pick up the truck once it's their. But they have not received the money from me yet. I have a deposit and the loan ready too from logix.

Here's my "deal" please review and tell me if I should walk away and make them eat the order? I even have my $500 deposit check they gave it back already....

Seriously thank you to everyone in here for all the help, I just want my truck already and I don't want to overpay on it.

Attachments

• 20201116_154858.jpg
    20201116_154858.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 20201203_152534.jpg
    20201203_152534.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread