5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

TaterRam

Reaction score
Silver...most of the anvils that I saw didn't have all my build requirements, but a few silvers popped up and I was able to get two dealers to compete. I'm really digging the truck so far. I've been looking at the Rams for over a year, but only recently (the last couple months) became aware of the BTS package. I'm glad I got one.

Nice, same color I picked up a week ago. Don’t forget to pop into the BTS thread in the Members Trucks forum. Good info there, especially to confirm you have the right springs.

F143744

Reaction score
Tell us more.
Trade-in, 2015 Ram EcoDiesel 60k miles. At dealership for ECU program and EGR Cooler, that turn into an turbo down pipe replacement, (took the body off frame), that led to broken Brake Power Booster, (another month long ordeal, none available). Then parking at home 2 miles away, water leak, (Needed new Water Pump $1,445). Time to trade off...decided to trade in my 2015 Stingray Convertible with 20k miles. Sales order shows -9,836 plus got to keep insurance check for damages on Ram pickup $9k or so dollars. By the way, my wife bumped the Stingray nose three times with the Ram, those little bumps were going to cost probably another $6k to fix. So, I did exceedingly well. Actually, planning to purchase a second truck for me, as my wife claimed this one. Also, got $3,015 back from Chrysler for EcoDiesel Settlement Program. Yes, I did well...

Last edited:

F143744

Reaction score
That’s amazing, definitely curious to hear more....
EP pricing, $8,900 off, Military $500 off, Competitive Vehicle $1,000 off, two other discounts, (company truck). Total EP $8,900 plus $3,000 in discounts. Somewhere, all the available discount codes are listed that’s in effect on date of sale. My dealership did their best to insure I received all discounts allowed. I was very satisfied with the bottom line, as that’s the only line that really matters.

Last edited:

F143744

Reaction score
EP pricing, $8,900 off, Military $500 off, Competitive Vehicle $1,000 off, two other discounts, (this is a company truck). Total EP $8,900 plus $3,000 in discounts. Somewhere, all the available discount codes are listed that’s in effect on date of sale. My dealership did their best to insure I received all discounts allowed. I was very satisfied with the bottom line, as that’s the only line that really matters.

F143744

Reaction score
It's weird that these VA dealers do the double destination bit. I've not seen that elsewhere , but admittedly haven't looked outside NC/SC/VA. What's weird is that the VA dealers, at least Late Summer/Early Fall, had far and away the best inventory and pricing within a 6 or 7 hr radius of me, even if they had a lower dealer discount and not double destination charge ( same thing as a big dealer discount and double destination.)
In Kentucky it was posted in additional fees next to the Window Sticker. I just disregarded it, went straight off Factory Sticker. Anything to get an extra buck...

slatersan

Reaction score
Trade-in, 2015 Ram EcoDiesel 60k miles. At dealership for ECU program and EGR Cooler, that turn into an turbo down pipe replacement, (took the body off frame), that led to broken Brake Power Booster, (another month long ordeal, none available). Then parking at home 2 miles away, water leak, (Needed new Water Pump $1,445). Time to trade off...decided to trade in my 2015 Stingray Convertible with 20k miles. Sales order shows -9,836 plus got to keep insurance check for damages on Ram pickup $9k or so dollars. By the way, my wife bumped the Stingray nose three times with the Ram, those little bumps were going to cost probably another $6k to fix. So, I did exceedingly well. Actually, planning to purchase a second truck for me, as my wife claimed this one. Also, got $3,015 back from Chrysler for EcoDiesel Settlement Program. Yes, I did well...
AH, so you traded in 2 vehicles for 68k total, right?

It was confusing as written as if you traded in a truck that cost you 58k and got 68k trade value.

TaterRam

Reaction score
AH, so you traded in 2 vehicles for 68k total, right?

It was confusing as written as if you traded in a truck that cost you 58k and got 68k trade value.

Right? That would make sense.
I traded in my 2015 Ecodiesel granted it had 127k miles but I got $17k for it (a little over $18k with the tax savings by trading in). So in my case, $17k trade on a $50k truck. The devil is in the details. Makes for a fun read here at least.

I did not factor in my EPA settlement check since I got it over a year ago. Was that part of the $68k I wonder?

I understand trading F143 trading in the ED. I was on the wait list since April for the EGR cooler (this would be the 2nd time it was replaced) and still had a few more months to go. Had a CEL that popped in few days before I traded so they dinged me a little bit I pushed back since I called them about it when the CEL came on a few months back and they basically said to ride it out.

Good riddance to the ED.

Reaction score
Hey all. Working with a dealer right now on a 2021 Rebel 4x4. Looking for opinions on the current deal I have worked up. I received a $1500 certificate from Dodge, so this was included. The MSRP of the truck is currently at $60k, and including that certificate, I have a price of about $48500, plus tax tags and license.

Is 19% off MSRP a good price for a 2021 Rebel? I'm thinking it is. Thanks
Please post dealership name, salesperson, and details, I have been looking for a deal like that for almost 6 months.

ramfanatic

Reaction score
TL;DR Fck-fck games were played, so I walked away from Koon's at Tysons.

First, they wouldn't take off the double charge for the destination fee. No problem, because of this board, I was expecting some debauchery. But then they wouldn't apply the cash bonus because they said it was already included in the initial offer. After a little back and forth (after I told them that I could walk away), the big boss wanted to "make it right" by splitting the difference to $750.

Unfortunately I am a stubborn person and I had my heart set on the whole $1500 coming off ever since @z0n3 posted its availability last week. I told him thanks but no thanks. After more minutes passed, and they were still playing with my credit card, I said that I could just pay cash if he took the $1500 off. He politely declined. A few more minutes passed, and he said he could make it work if I financed. I thought about it for a second and asked about penalties or fees, and he said no early pay off fee, etc. I said sure, depending on the rate. Good! Back on track! Started filling out the credit application, and told the salesman that the APR needed to be 0%, because that was the website incentive for the Tradesman. I was told that they couldn't sell me the truck at that price with 0% APR. The deal finally died.

But I must say, the hour and a half it took them to put my deposit back on my credit card allowed me to re-evaluated my requirements for a vehicle. I think I'm going to go with a car with a V8 instead of a truck. I sure wish the Pontiac G8 was still being made...

For the record, it only took a month and a couple days from ordering to arriving at the dealership. Anybody need a Max steel Metallic Tradesman with 3.92 gears with a 33 Gallon Tank? Lol! So close....
View attachment 75419
View attachment 75420
View attachment 75422
I noticed your base invoice price is only .043% lower than MSRP. On my 2020 Limited build sheet the base invoice price is .0849% The options on both build sheets have the same discount of ,08% Why is the base invoice price % discount on the Limited almost double that of the Tradesman? Does that vary depending on trim level?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered my 2021 Laramie Night Edition before I joined this forum. I could
have saved another $2+K by using Criswell from what I paid. I did use the
Criswell website price to Negotiate the Price Down from where they were
at. The Salesman and I did not talk final price because of the Rebates and
Incentives from Black Friday/Christmas. The Sales Manager was brought in
Because I told them I was ready to walk away from the truck and reorder
through Criswell If they could not come close to the other price.

I did add a 10yr/125K mi Extended Warranty for $2700 through AllState.
This is included with the final price I paid. I even got a couple of financing
denials with a 800+ credit score which amazed me. The Extra $2K would
have paid for the rest of the LEER 122 Cap I ordered.

Malodave

EEnginerd

Reaction score
I noticed your base invoice price is only .043% lower than MSRP. On my 2020 Limited build sheet the base invoice price is .0849% The options on both build sheets have the same discount of ,08% Why is the base invoice price % discount on the Limited almost double that of the Tradesman? Does that vary depending on trim level?
No idea.

Chrysler Factory Warranty

Mopar Vehicle Protection
Reaction score
I did add a 10yr/125K mi Extended Warranty for $2700 through AllState.
You should definitely check out how much a genuine FACTORY extended warranty would cost you, I feel like you could do a bumper to bumper 7 or 8-year plan for around the same cost, maybe even a little cheaper. The problem with aftermarket warranties is that the companies that back them tend to find little loopholes in their contracts and not cover issues, a lot of times they also have a maximum payout of x dollars where they will only cover up to a certain amount of your repairs. You can definitely check us out and get a free quote with no obligation, we also offer 0% Interest Financing for 18 Months!

www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com/

ramfanatic

Reaction score
TL;DR Fck-fck games were played, so I walked away from Koon's at Tysons.

First, they wouldn't take off the double charge for the destination fee. No problem, because of this board, I was expecting some debauchery. But then they wouldn't apply the cash bonus because they said it was already included in the initial offer. After a little back and forth (after I told them that I could walk away), the big boss wanted to "make it right" by splitting the difference to $750.

Unfortunately I am a stubborn person and I had my heart set on the whole $1500 coming off ever since @z0n3 posted its availability last week. I told him thanks but no thanks. After more minutes passed, and they were still playing with my credit card, I said that I could just pay cash if he took the $1500 off. He politely declined. A few more minutes passed, and he said he could make it work if I financed. I thought about it for a second and asked about penalties or fees, and he said no early pay off fee, etc. I said sure, depending on the rate. Good! Back on track! Started filling out the credit application, and told the salesman that the APR needed to be 0%, because that was the website incentive for the Tradesman. I was told that they couldn't sell me the truck at that price with 0% APR. The deal finally died.

But I must say, the hour and a half it took them to put my deposit back on my credit card allowed me to re-evaluated my requirements for a vehicle. I think I'm going to go with a car with a V8 instead of a truck. I sure wish the Pontiac G8 was still being made...

For the record, it only took a month and a couple days from ordering to arriving at the dealership. Anybody need a Max steel Metallic Tradesman with 3.92 gears with a 33 Gallon Tank? Lol! So close....
View attachment 75419

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please post dealership name, salesperson, and details, I have been looking for a deal like that for almost 6 months.
I did respond with the location. It was Mark Dodge in Louisiana. I started my conversation with the sales manager and have since received calls from multiple people all trying to help answer my questions, seal the deal and help get the truck shipped to me.

Regarding the shipping, I obviously will be paying for that, but they set it up for me and within 10 minutes of reaching out to transporters, they had a shipper saying he'll get the truck today and will attempt to deliver tomorrow. I tried contacting shippers myself to see what the cost would be and it was hundreds more than Mark Dodge came up with so I'm happy.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should definitely check out how much a genuine FACTORY extended warranty would cost you, I feel like you could do a bumper to bumper 7 or 8-year plan for around the same cost, maybe even a little cheaper. The problem with aftermarket warranties is that the companies that back them tend to find little loopholes in their contracts and not cover issues, a lot of times they also have a maximum payout of x dollars where they will only cover up to a certain amount of your repairs. You can definitely check us out and get a free quote with no obligation, we also offer 0% Interest Financing for 18 Months!

www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com/

I have already had a FCA Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Voided on my
2008 Big Horn. Even though I did my 5 and 10 Year Inspections.

Zeigler wanted $2050 for an 8yr/100K mile which I was going to get within 6 months.
But the 10yr/125K mi for $700 more is a better deal.

Malodave

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I got an email from a dealer, but it didn't include a code. Theres a $1,000 discount listed on the vehicle pricing, but it looks like that's if you buy through the process. I may try to contact sams directly to see if there's a way to get a certificate. Since that link page has a 2018 date on it, I suspect it's changed to the truecar method.
Any luck with the Sam's Club $1000 incentive?

NikoSuave

Reaction score
Thinks it's feasible to get out the door on a 2021 limited fully loaded with a diesel engine that Ram builder shows at 77,200 net price for 70k out the door with an extended warranty?

I have a Laramie on order that has been sitting in the train depot for over 2 weeks on some type of delay and at this point I'm just preparing for the worse/ am fed up with my dealer.

AK103

Reaction score
Thinks it's feasible to get out the door on a 2021 limited fully loaded with a diesel engine that Ram builder shows at 77,200 net price for 70k out the door with an extended warranty?

I have a Laramie on order that has been sitting in the train depot for over 2 weeks on some type of delay and at this point I'm just preparing for the worse/ am fed up with my dealer.

My 72K Limited is 66K OTD for me with 6% FL tax with Lakeland.
(Before rebates/incentives on pick-up)
I'd say 70k on a 77K truck is very doable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online