5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Rau

Reaction score
River Oaks Blake Helfman
stay away from Mac Haik and Northwest

I have some experience with Mac Haik and I think they are not trustworthy.

What discount did you get from River Oaks Blake Helfman if I may ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have some experience with Mac Haik and I think they are not trustworthy.

What discount did you get from River Oaks Blake Helfman if I may ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

53,900 on a 64,530 Ram Limited

Reactions: Rau

JetSet1

Reaction score
New to the Ram shopping game. Interested in a Laramie night edition. Questions for the group.

1. With September usually being the start of moving 2020's out and there being a holiday to promote, do you think the deals will improve from what they have been? Seems like the deals go to the Big Horn and NOT the Laramie which isn't too surprising when there are way more Big Horns than Laramie's on the market.
2. Do you think buying at the end of the month truly helps or does it really just depend not the dealer and area?

Right now, I'm only seeing about $7k - $8k off MSRP when you combine with rebates and dealer incentives. Seems pretty weak, but it could be because I want a specific truck and not any Laramie.

Thanks in advance for your input.

BigAdge

Reaction score
New to the Ram shopping game. Interested in a Laramie night edition. Questions for the group.

1. With September usually being the start of moving 2020's out and there being a holiday to promote, do you think the deals will improve from what they have been? Seems like the deals go to the Big Horn and NOT the Laramie which isn't too surprising when there are way more Big Horns than Laramie's on the market.
2. Do you think buying at the end of the month truly helps or does it really just depend not the dealer and area?

Right now, I'm only seeing about $7k - $8k off MSRP when you combine with rebates and dealer incentives. Seems pretty weak, but it could be because I want a specific truck and not any Laramie.

Thanks in advance for your input.
At this point worth it to wait and see September, being picky about certain options does limit you more in terms of negotiating. I wanted the Built to serve in Ceramic Grey, there were not many in the area and dealers knew it so I had to really work for a decent deal. But I wanted what I wanted, if you're in a similar place don't get stuck on numbers on here. Use them to get the best deal you can and not let a dealer screw you, but if you end up only getting 15%off msrp instead of 18% don't think you failed. You may have been able to get more off a more common truck but if it's not the truck you want you won't be happy. That's my 2 cents.

Kris319

Reaction score
My truck arrives this week but I'm in the s**t hole of Miami. Any idea what a good price to shoot for might be? Should I hold out until September to pick it up? I'm most likely going to lease unless the incentives to buy are ridiculously good. This is my window sticker.
2f68fbee27a1db4087c0d6337d74d072.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Izcuacho

Reaction score
Bighorn (built to serve)

MSRP $ 56,420 + $500 bed liner (dealer had it installed already)

Sale price $ 53,910
Rebates -$ 7250
Dealer fees $ 900
Service fee $ 130
Tax 7% ( $3,340)
Gov fees $ 270

Out the door price $ 51,300. (Free 15 yr 150K power train warranty). (18% off MSRP by my calculations)

It had almost every option I wanted ceramic Gray, Crew cab, Hemi, 12” screen, Sunroof, 3.92, blind spot monitors (nice specially when my wife uses the truck), rear wheel liners, 33 gallon tank (not needed but nice extra for road trips).
Bed utility package would have been nice but have the bed liner, I can add LED lights for $130 and tie down points can be added also but I don’t really need them.

Dealer had other fees (exterior protection and misc listed on window sticker) but I didn’t pay for any of that so don’t count it as part of discount.

Last edited:

Izcuacho

Reaction score
Anyone in Florida here. LoL
I just got a big horn in Starke Fl (I live in MIA but could not get a good deal) at least on the built to serve. Big horn 4x2 could get 12,000 off MSRP but not optioned the way I wanted.

JetSet1

Reaction score
At this point worth it to wait and see September, being picky about certain options does limit you more in terms of negotiating. I wanted the Built to serve in Ceramic Grey, there were not many in the area and dealers knew it so I had to really work for a decent deal. But I wanted what I wanted, if you're in a similar place don't get stuck on numbers on here. Use them to get the best deal you can and not let a dealer screw you, but if you end up only getting 15%off msrp instead of 18% don't think you failed. You may have been able to get more off a more common truck but if it's not the truck you want you won't be happy. That's my 2 cents.
Great advice and all very true. In the end, I want what I want. My first offer right off the bat was about $3k higher than what I wanted to spend. That obviously not to far off, but it also shows me that I can probably get to where I need to be since this dealership isn't know for making the best offers. I definitely going to wait for September in hopes that they show a little love for moving the Laramie's. Thanks for your input.

Kris319

Reaction score
Thanks for the break down, this gives me a good idea of what to expect. I am hoping to get at least around 10k off MSRP with a mix of negotiating the price and incentives.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got 18% off my Big Horn. The MSRP was just over $54K and I got it for $44K + tax/license/doc fees.

I might have done better somewhere else but, as Izcuacho said, it wouldn't have had all the options I wanted. This one did.

There have been better deals out there but there are a lot of variables: how long has the truck been on the lot, are they close to a sales goal, how desirable is the model, etc.

jcmartin11b

Reaction score
Looking at two trucks now. Almost identical ram rebel with diesel. One has sunroof and red accent interior. Other has safety and convince group plus 1 year ram telematics. Aside from those everything else is identical. I don’t care for the sunroof or the safety group much less the ram telematics.
One dealer added KARR alarm system and data dot dna. I think I’m walking away from those additions.

Ages

Reaction score
This really depends where you are located, but $8k off, if it includes the factory rebates... is pretty pitiful. I received over $15k off back in February. I’d think you should be able to get to $12k off a loaded Laramie today.... but maybe not in your region.
I agree.

Izcuacho

Reaction score
The big part of it is how desirable the model you want is for me BTS are not going to stay at dealer for long specially the ones with unique colors as ceramic gray that aren’t offered in any other package (at least 2020). Like Brian42 state’s sales goals and how long trucks are sitting in the lot. In south florida u can find 4x2 all over but 4x4 only a handful forget about sunroof. The one I bought had 5 days on the lot so not much room to push the this truck won’t sell card. And I saw a few others when I called they where gone.
The most important part to me is getting the truck you will be happy and not buying something because of the discount and regretting your purchase 6 months later because it wasn’t optioned the way u want.
You can’t add most options back in the truck so you are stuck with what u get unless u switch is out which is a lot more expensive (been there done that) LOL.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why do all the trucks im looking at on the lots have sunroofs?? I’m gonna have to factory order...
Really, when I tentatively look around in the philly/south NJ area, its the other way around.

With that said, does anyone know when the 2021 will hit the market? Last I heard, production already started. Im trying to figure out 2 things

Off road package...what kind of shocks do they have (its listed as "heavy duty") and is the height any different from the non-offroad package.

Technology group...curious to know if the heads up display also comes with anything else...for example like LED headlights, any Level 2 equipment, or 12 inch screen? I would love the heads up display, but im happy with an 8.4in screen. Im in the minority in that im not a big fan of the larger dash screen.

Used to own a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge Charger scat pack

Keezer

Reaction score
Looking at two trucks now. Almost identical ram rebel with diesel. One has sunroof and red accent interior. Other has safety and convince group plus 1 year ram telematics. Aside from those everything else is identical. I don’t care for the sunroof or the safety group much less the ram telematics.
One dealer added KARR alarm system and data dot dna. I think I’m walking away from those additions.
You should for sure walk away form anything with the KARR alarm on it. if you really did want the alarm at least look under the dash and see how they installed it. Some techs really butcher a perfectly good factory harness. Others do a good job but they still usually cut the main 12v to the ignition for installation. Common source for a hard to find battery drain as well.

Last edited:

jcmartin11b

Reaction score
You should for sure walk away form anything with the KARR alarm on it. if you really did want the alarm at least look under the dash and see how they installed it. Some techs really butcher a perfectly good factory harness. Others do a good job but they still usually cut the main 12v to the ignition for installation. Common source for a hard to find battery drain as well.
Yeah I’m walking away from that one. Locked up a white rebel with the red accents inside

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Off road package...what kind of shocks do they have (its listed as "heavy duty") and is the height any different from the non-offroad package.
Not exactly sure what shocks come with the ORP. I read Hitachi somewhere (they make Tokico) but don't quote me on that.

The ORP is 1" higher than a non-ORP truck.

Technology group...curious to know if the heads up display also comes with anything else...for example like LED headlights, any Level 2 equipment, or 12 inch screen? I would love the heads up display, but im happy with an 8.4in screen. Im in the minority in that im not a big fan of the larger dash screen.
The 2021 build site isn't out yet but for the 2019-2020 Big Horns the LED headlights and 12" screen were independent options that were not part of Level Equipment Group. You had to get those in addition to any group. I'm pretty sure you had to have optioned an Equipment Level to be able to even have the opportunity to purchase the 12" but the Premium LED Group was an independent option to purchase regardless of packages.

Users who are viewing this thread