5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It seems rebates are by various zones in the USA, I am in Las Vegas. Some trucks in the west coast had a $5,000 rebate for the diesel engine, making it free. Not many. Most are long sold now.

They do but Limiteds and Longhorns have not had rebates above $2000 anywhere since March. You can change the zip code on the ramtrucks.com site and see rebates for different areas as well as look for a specific truck, many here do that regularly

vegaskeith

Reaction score
I have see all trims with the $5G rebate, not all, just a few but most are sold now. For diesel only, so you had to hunt around. Inventory is so low, in CA one dealer usually has 400++ 1500's, now 60, and just 2 diesels.

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
Ordered a 2020 Laramie back in June, took delivery yesterday.

MSRP: $64,665
Sales Price: $56,800
Factory Rebates: $2,500
Final Price before TTL: $54,300

16% off MSRP on a factory build. Not the best, but not the worst either. I'm just happy to have my truck finally!

laramie4x4

Reaction score
Just got this text from a dealer in the Kansas City area. I gambled on Rhona dropping prices and busted so what else do I have to lose gambling on this? May have to wait till early next year or see what ram does to try and disrupt the 2021 f150.

"Unfortunately what is currently out there and in transit will be the last of the 20's. So unless you want to get a 2021 which will have alot less rebates or spend closer to the $42,000 range then there won't be a whole lot more inventory."

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
that sounds like BS to me... it is only august

BowDown

Reaction score
Just got this text from a dealer in the Kansas City area. I gambled on Rhona dropping prices and busted so what else do I have to lose gambling on this? May have to wait till early next year or see what ram does to try and disrupt the 2021 f150.

"Unfortunately what is currently out there and in transit will be the last of the 20's. So unless you want to get a 2021 which will have alot less rebates or spend closer to the $42,000 range then there won't be a whole lot more inventory."

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I dont think FCA/Ram is concerned about the 2021 F150, the Ram has won and continues to win awards, luxury VEHICLE of the year awards and just won another J.D. Power 2020 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Award
Dodge ranks highest in the mass market segment with a score of 872. Ram

J.D. POWER AWARD RECIPIENT
Each year, J.D. Power presents awards for quality, dependability and performance, to a select few models within the marketplace that have ranked highest within their category. Awards are also given for car dealership sales and service experience to those brands that rank highest in the industry. Ram Truck was awarded the following 1 J.D. Power awards for 2020
I've had dealer direct quote me all these awards in their sales pitch and honestly, anyone that will take a F150 over the current Ram was going to regardless

that sounds like BS to me... it is only august

We've been saying that since March yet here we sit. In March I would have and did call BS, today, Id say its likely true. Before I bought my truck I asked about ordering a 21, he said he would be happy to but to expect a 8-10% price increase.

Last edited:

JetSet1

Reaction score
That’s what i thought. Where do these coupons come from? I ordered a 2021 Laramie but I’m guessing I won’t get much of a rebate. Thoughts on that? I’m half tempted to cancel and get a 2020 with more rebates. What are the chances I could get my deposit back? All of a sudden the Laramie night edition that I want are everywhere and they weren’t when I ordered one. Especially since finding out the 2021s aren’t getting Uconnect 5 I could care less if it’s a 20 vs 21 Especially if I’m saving thousands
I agree with you on the Laramie night editions. I'm on the hunt for a good/fair deal. A few months ago I could only find a few in the state where I'm at and now it seems like every dealership has one. I also find that they have been sitting for a several weeks or more and dealers do not seem motivated to move them. Hope you find your truck!

2 Pulled Hammys

Reaction score
Msrp: 50600
After dealer discount and rebates: 35600

2020 big horn crew cab
Can you provide any specific info on which rebates you got and what the dealer discount was? Are there dealer fees included on top of the 35600 (freight, doc, etc.)? Is there a trade involved in this? Which region are you in?

There are similar deals mentioned in this thread but nothing close to 30% since pre Covid.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
My local dealer (well, not the closest but localish) has Tradesman and BH Crew cab v8, RWD and 4x4 for $9, 10 and 11K discounts. They have/had 12 built to serve editions that were listed with 0 discount and a single leftover 2019 Longhorn RWD at $14K discount.

20’ Rebels (maybe 8 total) were discounted by $7-8K and the 20’ Laramies averaged high $8 to low 9K off.

Most of their 20’ Longhorn and Limiteds were $9-10K discounted.
I have no idea about other offers, their website just talks about 0% APR for 72 months.

The new inventory showed 145 gas and 40 diesel 1500’s (2019 and 2020). If interested they are Kernersville RAM. Hope this helps somebody.

Last edited by a moderator:

dominatorlp

Reaction score
Can you provide any specific info on which rebates you got and what the dealer discount was? Are there dealer fees included on top of the 35600 (freight, doc, etc.)? Is there a trade involved in this? Which region are you in?

There are similar deals mentioned in this thread but nothing close to 30% since pre Covid.
There was a 7k dealer discount and 8k in rebates. Elk grove dodge near Sacramento, CA. No trade, and that was before TTL. Very easy dealer to work with. One of the rebates was 1k for owning a competitors truck and 500 for Chrysler credit. The rest of the rebates were normal ones everyone can qualify for in this area. The price on their site is what I paid. Link to truck I bought

Paultg

Reaction score
There was a 7k dealer discount and 8k in rebates. Elk grove dodge near Sacramento, CA. No trade, and that was before TTL. Very easy dealer to work with. One of the rebates was 1k for owning a competitors truck and 500 for Chrysler credit. The rest of the rebates were normal ones everyone can qualify for in this area. The price on their site is what I paid. Link to truck I bought
Wow. Awesome truck and deal. I haven’t seen any rebates like that in my location. From your dealer link:

Price includes the following rebates and discounts. Not everyone will qualify for all rebates. Please see dealer for details:
$1000 - 2020 Retail Bonus Cash 20CLA1. Exp. 08/31/2020
$1000 - 2020 Truck Owner Conquest Retail Bonus Cash 38CL7. Exp. 08/31/2020
$1000 - Big Horn/LS Retail Bonus Cash 39CLS. Exp. 08/24/2020
$1000 - California 2020 Retail Bonus Cash CACLA1. Exp. 08/31/2020
$1000 - Engine Retail Bonus Cash 44CLA2. Exp. 08/31/2020
$2000 - 2020 National Retail Consumer Cash 20CL1. Exp. 08/31/2020
$500 - California 2020 Bonus Cash CACLA . Exp. 08/31/2020
$500 - Chrysler Capital 2020 Bonus Cash 20CL5. Exp. 08/31/2020

dominatorlp

Reaction score
Wow. Awesome truck and deal. I haven’t seen any rebates like that in my location. From your dealer link:
Yep I'm really happy with the deal. Not the color I wanted but I can make it work. Very glad I got the level 2 group with the remote start, heated seats, and outlets.

2 Pulled Hammys

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the info. Congrats on the new truck and a great deal!

Paultg

Reaction score
Yep I'm really happy with the deal. Not the color I wanted but I can make it work. Very glad I got the level 2 group with the remote start, heated seats, and outlets.
When I was looking it had to be a BH Level 2. I ended up ordering a Laramie Level 1 because I wanted the LED lamp setup and a few other things that were part of that package, optional on Big Horn. Good luck with your new truck.

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
If you go to NADA.com or Cars.com you can price out a 2021 with the new option packages and prices. I ordered a 2021 and the prices there matched my build sheet

tstaples40

Reaction score
2020 Big horn
- Level 2 Equipment Group
- Night Edition
- 5.7 Hemi eTorque
- A few other options

MSRP - $51,985
After discount & incentives - $40,535
OTD - approximately $43,800
- This is in MN we have fairly high taxes.

Is this a good deal?

Rau

Reaction score
If you go to NADA.com or Cars.com you can price out a 2021 with the new option packages and prices. I ordered a 2021 and the prices there matched my build sheet

Any big differences between 2020 and 2021?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread