5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a '19 1500 for sale at any lot with the off road package? I wonder due to the skid plates being late availability that no dealership has this off road package on their lot.

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2019 Longhorn 4x4 - 5'7" Bed

MSRP: $63,610

Sale Price: $54,995

Texas

Will get any rebates available at delivery.

D

Deleted member103

alacombe said:
Has anyone seen a '19 1500 for sale at any lot with the off road package? I wonder due to the skid plates being late availability that no dealership has this off road package on their lot.
Probably won't either, least not at this stage . . . too early on ! I spoke just yesterday late afternoon with "my" dealer-guy and when I had him Re-build my choice he said the likely hood of THEM Ordering one MyWay - indicating with the 4X4 OffRoad "probably /most likely " wouldn't happen ! And we were talking V6's which as you know won't be here till late Summer (west coast) ! He said he would put in a request with his Sales manager when it's closer to "my time" and see what happens but in all likelihood they would need to Special order it for me ! It's what I already expected so no big deal, though the wait will probably be in the 4 to 6 week time frame (just my guess based on "reality")
263a.png

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes thats why I am waiting til August to order mine. 1. I want to drive one with the ETorque and 2. I want Ramboxes.
I like my V6 Pentastar in my Outdoorsman. Hoping I can get it on Canadian Rebel like the USA Rebel

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well i ordered my '19 the beginning of April with the off road package included. Guess we will see how long this takes.

D

Deleted member103

alacombe said:
Well i ordered my '19 the beginning of April with the off road package included. Guess we will see how long this takes.
AL -- THAT $53,645 seems a "tad bit LOW" considering it's a Laramie Quad, V6 or V8 ?, ordered with- Leather/don't all Laramies come Leathered (?),  20" rims, 3.92, Off Road / why did you ALSO (try) to order E-Locker when it comes with the Off Road package ?, Level 1, Sunroof, side steps, the tonneau & bed liner . . . sure that wasn't your negotiated final price before tax & fees & license ? What a FANTASTIC DEAL if you got all that at $53,645 ! I haven't bothered to price YOUR vehicle on the site . . I have no reason to doubt you, but can you "clarify a bit ?
1f914.png
1f62e.png

263a.png
My Quad V6 Big Horn as built on line -- Off Road, Level 1, rear wheel liners, 9 speaker stereo, deluxe Cloth/center console .
that's all = $43,920 MSRP. Any Laramie right off the bay is (what) about $5500 to start ! Did you upgrade your Stereo, or is the Alpine standard on Laramie ? Well, one things for sure, it's a Quad, so you probably won't see much before Early August / My Guess, but ya just never know, stranger things have happened !
263a.png

CMENT

Reaction score
alacombe said:
My Limited has the Offroad Package and is on the train. Delivery Monday (supposedly). I ordered at the end of March. (Two or three days after the order banks were opened)

D

Deleted member103

CMENT said:
My Limited has the Offroad Package and is on the train. Delivery Monday (supposedly). I ordered at the end of March. (Two or three days after the order banks were opened)
Wow, maybe I shouldn't wait till late Summer to order ? Please lots of pics when the "new baby arrives" !

Kilgy5

Reaction score
Been talking to the guys at dennis dillon....havent finalized the order yet but i suggest everyone go there its worth whatever the trip costs

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is their order price the same as in stock units? If I didn't have a trade...

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Kilgy5 said:
Been talking to the guys at dennis dillon....havent finalized the order yet but i suggest everyone go there its worth whatever the trip costs
Hard for me to get it across the Canadian border.
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Kilgy5 said:
For what it's worth to the other members on here/lurking there seems to be a lot more dealerships than I thought going into it that are willing to offer within $1,000 or so of the deals you can get at Dennis Dillon.

I had been planning for a while to buy from Dennis and make a trip out of it, but after reading around some of the Jeep forums, I came across a few contacts for dealers in Texas that when emailed had good enough deals that the expense (using points for airfare) to Idaho would be tough to justify.

As an example (excluding $1,000 rebate currently available since I ordered and who knows what rebate will be around upon delivery):

MSRP: $63,510
  • Dennis Dillon: $53,905 (includes 1K discount for financing through DD)
  • Demontrond (Conroe,TX): $54,995 (no financing restrictions)
  • TX Dealer #2: $55,417 (no financing restrictions)

The quick look is that Dennis is $1,090 cheaper than the competition - but there's a bit more to take into consideration.

• DD charges $300 doc fee. Dealer I chose is $150.
  • You're required to keep financing through DD for a minimum of 6 months before transferring to another loan. I've read about guys leaving the dealership with the dealer financing, and heading to their credit union immediately and not waiting the term before re-financing. I don't know what the paperwork you sign states, but assuming you weren't comfortable going back on the agreement and pay an increased interest:
For a 60 month loan using the sale values above and excluding taxes/fees, total interest paid after 6 months is:

5.5% APR from Chrysler: $1,428 2.4% APR from local CU: $634

Difference of $794.

Chrysler APR is an assumption based off other forum postings. That number could be way off.

Taking the $794 from financing and $150 in increased doc fees, you total $944. At that point, DD only has a $146 savings. Refinancing immediately is obviously the way to go, but then again i don't know what sort of signed agreement (if any) you make with DD.

Even if I refinanced immediately, $940 of savings would get eaten up pretty quick in travel expenses. Points for airfare (no charge), $250 in gas, 3 nights at a hotel ($450/total), plus meals and misc. stuff along the way and you're at a wash.

All of that to say that deals comparable to (or better than depending upon circumstances) can be had at dealers other than DD. 2 weeks ago I wouldn't have believed it, but I do now.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I Love Grits said:
For what it's worth to the other members on here/lurking there seems to be a lot more dealerships than I thought going into it that are willing to offer within $1,000 or so of the deals you can get as Dennis Dillon.

I had been planning for a while to buy from Dennis and make a trip out of it, but after reading around some of the Jeep forums, I came across a few contacts for dealers in Texas that when emailed had good enough deals that the expense (using points for airfare) to Idaho would be tough to justify.

As an example (excluding $1,000 rebate currently available since I ordered and who knows what rebate will be around upon delivery):

MSRP: $63,510
  • Dennis Dillon: $53,905 (includes 1K discount for financing through DD)
  • Demontrond (Conroe,TX): $54,995 (no financing restrictions)
  • TX Dealer #2: $55,417 (no financing restrictions)

The quick look is that Dennis is $1,090 cheaper than the competition - but there's a bit more to take into consideration.

• DD charges $300 doc fee. Dealer I chose is $150.
  • You're required to keep financing through DD for a minimum of 6 months before transferring to another loan. I've read about guys leaving the dealership with the dealer financing, and heading to their credit union immediately and not waiting the term before re-financing. I don't know what the paperwork you sign states, but assuming you weren't comfortable going back on the agreement and pay an increased interest:
For a 60 month loan using the sale values above and excluding taxes/fees, total interest paid after 6 months is:

5.5% APR from Chrysler: $1,428 2.4% APR from local CU: $634

Difference of $794.

Chrysler APR is an assumption based off other forum postings. That number could be way off.

Taking the $794 from financing and $150 in increased doc fees, you total $944. At that point, DD only has a $146 savings. Refinancing immediately is obviously the way to go, but then again i don't know what sort of signed agreement (if any) you make with DD.

Even if I refinanced immediately, $940 of savings would get eaten up pretty quick in travel expenses. Points for airfare (no charge), $250 in gas, 3 nights at a hotel ($450/total), plus meals and misc. stuff along the way and you're at a wash.

All of that to say that deals comparable to (or better than depending upon circumstances) can be had at dealers other than DD. 2 weeks ago I wouldn't have believed it, but I do now.
Definitely a good perspective, it doesn't hurt to shop around. If you can get a local dealer to match or get close to the big volume dealers it's generally worth it to go with the local dealer. Not only for cost savings etc, but to start building a relationship with them for service, parts, warranty work if needed etc.

ryelinek

Reaction score
I placed a factory order today on a Limited 4x4 5’7” box in Granite Crystal Grey.

Sticker price was 65,380 for this truck. Dealer marked it down about 9k plus another 1k for current rebate.

OUT THE DOOR with all fees and taxes when the truck arrives I owe about 58,300. Very happy with that considering the sticker cost and fees. To get the exact truck I want on that type of mark down quickly is great.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
ryelinek said:
I placed a factory order today on a Limited 4x4 5’7” box in Granite Crystal Grey.

Sticker price was 65,380 for this truck. Dealer marked it down about 9k plus another 1k for current rebate.

OUT THE DOOR with all fees and taxes when the truck arrives I owe about 58,300. Very happy with that considering the sticker cost and fees. To get the exact truck I want on that type of mark down quickly is great.
Excellent deal, congrats on your new truck!

ryelinek

Reaction score
Yea I’m super pumped. My build is like this.

2019 Limited 4x4 5’7” box
Hemi V8
Granite Crystal - exterior
Black - interior
Body Color Bump Group
Anti Slip Rear axle
3.92 rear axle
33 gallon fuel
22” inch wheel package
Dual pane sunroof
Limited Technology package with 19 speaker sound etc

Hopefully it doesn’t take too long as every item is in production now I think. Was told it could be 6-8 weeks but could be shorter too. I was going to get th Maximum Steel color but I didn’t like it in person.

That truck there out th door at 58,300 this early into a brand new production is awesome

Users who are viewing this thread