5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

keyser soze

Reaction score
For the pic.....click on RamVito's profile to see his original post.

I sent him a direct message and he gave me a call. He hasn't gotten his truck in yet due to the shutdown, but is expecting it before long given the info he has received....

glunkey

Reaction score
First responder added an additional $500 in rebates to my purchase.

That’s the first responder incentive. It seems that ram has a whole first responder program though. I added a link in my prior post.

Grip750

Reaction score
O%-84....or the rebates/incentives.
So nearly 23% off MSRP + 0%-84.
Oh. The offer I have on the table is MSRP $48915 and after discount and rebates would be $36500 plus TTT, so that is about 25% . So I guess it is a good deal. But if I do the 0% for 84 I lose $6500 in rabates

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It literally says with all rebates underlined on the pic attached.

Attachments

• CE79E8D5-1C35-4D03-A08E-3D49907D7639.png
    CE79E8D5-1C35-4D03-A08E-3D49907D7639.png
    432.7 KB · Views: 122

glunkey

Reaction score
Weird...there is another program but there are a lot of rules with it and it says its optional for the dealer to participate.

One dealer site said up to 6500 but I cant find a set price...says it can't be combined with any other offer at all, to include dealer incentives.

After reading further it looks to be for responders that use their personal vehicle to respond to incidents.

Last edited:

Jrsem0317

Reaction score
Weird...there is another program but there are a lot of rules with it and it says its optional for the dealer to participate.

One dealer site said up to 6500 but I cant find a set price...says it can't be combined with any other offer at all, to include dealer incentives.
That’s where I’m a bit confused. A few of my coworkers have used this over the years but I’m not clear on how much of a discount they gained vs incentives that were available to everyone. Within the last month I spoke with 5 different dealers and all said $500 for first responders added to other rebates. I totaled $8,250 in rebates, figured a stand alone responder rebate wouldn’t surpass that if there was a separate program.

slapthatplank

Reaction score
I'm working on a fairly loaded 2020 Limited and if I take 0%/84, they are only taking 10% off of MSRP. If I finance through standard CC, they they take off 17.2% of MSRP. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think there's still a little meat on that bone. It's difficult to gauge how much hardball to play in this current environment.

ktl5005

Reaction score
I'm working on a fairly loaded 2020 Limited and if I take 0%/84, they are only taking 10% off of MSRP. If I finance through standard CC, they they take off 17.2% of MSRP. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think there's still a little meat on that bone. It's difficult to gauge how much hardball to play in this current environment.
That's becuase the 0% does NOT include incentives. So that 10% is likely dealer discount only, where as if you skip the o/84, your getting that 10% discount AND incentives.........

mswain21

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Here is the deal I got.
I wondered into an empty dodge dealership near my house to find out about the deals going on. I got lucky and talked to a gentleman who happened to be the owner of the dealership. He told me he would make me a no BS deal on a new 1500. He did not have exactly what I was looking for so he offered to custom order one for me. I agreed and we went through the list of options.

Below is the information on the build sheet he provided me: ( Photo included )
* 2020 Ram 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4X2 ( I did not need 4x4 because I live in sunny California )
* 5.7 V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine
* Diamond Black
* 33 Gal Fuel Tank
* Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
* Dual Function Tailgate
* Rambox Cargo Management System
* Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
* Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
* Black Appearance Package

MSRP = $68,220
FWP ( Wholesale Price / Invoice ) = $62,657
HB ( Dealer Hold Back ) = $1,996
FFP ( Friends / Family Price ) = $62,105
EP ( Eligible Employee Price ) = $59,724
He hand wrote on the bottom of the build sheet the price he will sell this truck to me for ( I included a photo of the build sheet he handed to me ) = $52,675 + 0% for 84 Months and no payments for 90 days
( $15,545 discount from MSRP )

I felt that it was a good deal ( let me know what you think ) so I gave him a $500.00 deposit and ordered it.
I was also dealing with this dealer last week over the phone and text on a very similar model with 4x4 (MSRP 70,120) (invoice $64,624). I had two internet sells guys trying to work with me at the same time. I told them that I am shopping around and the first deal they offered $750 under dealer invoice for doing 0% 84 months. After a few back and forth...we agreed on dealer invoice minus all the
holdbacks (-$2,052), again for 0% 84 months. I told them to send me over the quote showing the out the door price. I did not hear back for several hours. I reached back out and they said they worked out a different deal and sold it. At the end of the day, I had about 3 or 4 other dealerships matching that offer of dealer invoice minus all the holdbacks for the 0% for 84 months and no dealer add ons. That was the best deal I was able to get out of the total 7-8 dealership I was shopping. Nobody offered me the dealer discount and any manufacture rebates combined with the 0% 84 months. For you to receive almost $10,000 under invoice combined with 0% is simple amazing. My negotiating skills are not as good as your... nice work!

Vols1018

Reaction score
That’s where I’m a bit confused. A few of my coworkers have used this over the years but I’m not clear on how much of a discount they gained vs incentives that were available to everyone. Within the last month I spoke with 5 different dealers and all said $500 for first responders added to other rebates. I totaled $8,250 in rebates, figured a stand alone responder rebate wouldn’t surpass that if there was a separate program.

Yea limited dealers actually choose to offer the program. Most around me are getting that program confused with the Ram Incentive. I agree that I think its if you use the vehicle for your job, however it says it was combining the program and the rebates, so that was a good deal.

I have also looked at the affiliates program, which the list of participating companies is huge, and that is 1% below invoice + incentives/rebates after that price. Im sure with a bunch of haggling we could all get that or close to it, but with that program there is no haggling, you give them the code and they have to produce the actual invoice sheet per Chrysler.

If anybody is interested in that program check out this link to see if your company is a part of it:

EJ84

Reaction score
So just to confirm with a friends and family code you get 1% below invoice AND all rebates and incentives you qualify for but you would not receive the 0% financing?

Vols1018

Reaction score
Not sure with the friends and family but with this program it is 1% + rebates, however I am assuming it is the financing or rebates.

HUGE SAVINGS FOR OUR VALUED PARTNERS AND SUPPLIERS

1% below dealer invoice + current incentives
( Disclosure
6)

This program is an exclusive benefit offered to employees of our valued partner and supplier companies. Through it, eligible employees can buy or lease eligible new vehicles at the Affiliate Rewards Preferred Price: 1% below dealer invoice
( Disclosure
6)
. You can also apply current incentives and rebates for additional savings.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Not sure with the friends and family but with this program it is 1% + rebates, however I am assuming it is the financing or rebates.

( Disclosure

6)

This program is an exclusive benefit offered to employees of our valued partner and supplier companies. Through it, eligible employees can buy or lease eligible new vehicles at the Affiliate Rewards Preferred Price: 1% below dealer invoice
( Disclosure

6)

In my version of my deal, the F&F code was counter-productive. in November I ended up with 13% off invoice for my truck, to give you some basis of potential total savings. Just do the math at the end...

vet314

Reaction score
My bottom line last week was invoice price (do a MSRP/Invoice pricing sheet online and confirm with dealer by having them show you), minus hold back (3% of MSRP), minus all applicable rebates ($7,000 for me), plus $799 dealer fee. Note, dealer had the exact spec I wanted, had tinted the windows, gave me some free apparel, and didn't play any games. Actual cost for TTT. No tire fee, battery fee, agency fee... 90 days, no payments. I was happy with the deal except the dealer fee, but felt it was worth it for a honest, no bs deal.

vet314

Reaction score

( Disclosure

6)

( Disclosure

6)

If hold back is 3%, you are being shorted 2% of MSRP, so it is better not to use their offer.

Last edited:

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was also dealing with this dealer last week over the phone and text on a very similar model with 4x4 (MSRP 70,120) (invoice $64,624). I had two internet sells guys trying to work with me at the same time. I told them that I am shopping around and the first deal they offered $750 under dealer invoice for doing 0% 84 months. After a few back and forth...we agreed on dealer invoice minus all the
holdbacks (-$2,052), again for 0% 84 months. I told them to send me over the quote showing the out the door price. I did not hear back for several hours. I reached back out and they said they worked out a different deal and sold it. At the end of the day, I had about 3 or 4 other dealerships matching that offer of dealer invoice minus all the holdbacks for the 0% for 84 months and no dealer add ons. That was the best deal I was able to get out of the total 7-8 dealership I was shopping. Nobody offered me the dealer discount and any manufacture rebates combined with the 0% 84 months. For you to receive almost $10,000 under invoice combined with 0% is simple amazing. My negotiating skills are not as good as your... nice work!

That was my experience as well. I've spoken to multiple dealers and in order to get 0% / 84-month financing, there are no manufacturer incentives included. You pay MSRP if you can't negotiate with a dealer for a discount below MSRP

Users who are viewing this thread