5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

D

Deleted member103

BobbiBigWheels said:
Holdback is connected to days in inventory, not every deal provides hold-back, and said hold-back diminishes the longer it sits. VPA (vehicle performance allowance) is achieved when a dealer hits their FCA dictated target, however, the pay-outs are so small now that it is not a motivator for a loss any longer.
HOLY COW BATMAN . . . Looks like I need a WIZ Financial Lawyer ! The more I know the less confident I feel that I can "keep up" with the "enemy" !
1f914.png

1f612.png

1f615.png
. . .
1f617.png

263a.png

D

Deleted member103

firecadet613 said:
That explains why I've got such an aggressive deal on a truck that just hit the ground.
That brings up a "point," the holdback thing would only apply to Dealership Stocking orders, NOT Customer Orders, correct !?

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
I would post paperwork, but I do not know the legality I signed to do such with Chrysler. I will say, on a 2019 1500, higher levels, their is close to $2,000 left in negotiations, even with Employee Pricing.

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
One thing I would like to say, their are two types of dealerships. One pay a great base salary, and still give bonuses, and others will allow you to make great money, but you have to really hit sales goals, and 2/3 of your monthly pay comes from bonuses. So, please be patient with salesmen, as they most likely will be making $300 off of your sale, and if you are getting over $4k off, take at least $100 off of that.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Most dealers don't make very much on new vehicle sales. It's your trade in if you have one that they make money on.
263a.png

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
That brings up a "point," the holdback thing would only apply to Dealership Stocking orders, NOT Customer Orders, correct !?
Nope, Holdback is on all vehicles. I speak from Ford ordering - but my deal was for XXX under holdback - so without any of the hidden profit mrmachaveli speaks of, I know they made xxx on my deal. Not bad considering I had a trade and told them to just do the PDI, no prep!
mrmachaveli said:
I would post paperwork, but I do not know the legality I signed to do such with Chrysler. I will say, on a 2019 1500, higher levels, their is close to $2,000 left in negotiations, even with Employee Pricing.
I figured they must have some sort of program for dealers to really try and push the DT, with no incentives offered from FCA to the customer.

D

Deleted member 85

firecadet613 said:
Nope, Holdback is on all vehicles. I speak from Ford ordering - but my deal was for XXX under holdback - so without any of the hidden profit mrmachaveli speaks of, I know they made xxx on my deal. Not bad considering I had a trade and told them to just do the PDI, no prep!
I figured they must have some sort of program for dealers to really try and push the DT, with no incentives offered from FCA to the customer.
Firecadet, I am a sales manager of a CJDR dealer.

You receive hold-back at the time of reporting the sale to Chrysler. The amount has ranges from varying dates from the date of delivery to the dealership to the time of reporting to Chrysler. After say, 90 days in inventory, hold-back is depleted.

Different models carry different amounts of hold-back.

A CVP/AVP Grand Caravan, for instance, carries $100 CAD in hold-back.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
Firecadet, I am a sales manager of a CJDR dealer.

You receive hold-back at the time of reporting the sale to Chrysler. The amount has ranges from varying dates from the date of delivery to the dealership to the time of reporting to Chrysler. After say, 90 days in inventory, hold-back is depleted.

Different models carry different amounts of hold-back.

A CVP/AVP Grand Caravan, for instance, carries $100 CAD in hold-back.
Thanks for the clarity - it's safe to say I'm in the dark on how FCA does it! On my F150, there was $1498 in HB at the time of sale. I paid $750 under invoice for the truck - but I'm sure there were some hidden Ford to dealer incentives to get them to move inventory.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My MSRP was $53,645 but purchase price was $36,574.00 on my 2019 Laramie Quad Cab. Chrysler Family Discount (EP Pricing) plus dealer discounts etc. See my signature for my total package I made.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
i never tell people what i paid for a new truck i think a lot of people put numbers out there on what they pay for a new truck or car are not always accurate. that's why i never ask what someone pays for a new truck. i will ask what the sticker price is and what they got for the trade in. cause sometimes they will say they got a better deal even when they didn't. best advice. go to at least 3 dealerships. there has been times i went to 5 dealerships to get the best deal. i'm always up front and let them know that.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did not have a trade in and if you don't believe me I am more then happy to post the sale document. I have no reason to lie. Just want to be helpful for anyone in the market of a new '19 Ram because there is a lot of wiggle room with gas trucks. Hope my info helps.

Back in January of 2018, I purchased a '17 Laramie Ecodiesel 1500. I filed for Lemon Law which forced Chrysler to take back their truck and provide me with another one. Due to the '17 Laramie Ecodiesels have issues like mine did Chrysler told me to pick and build another Laramie 1500 and the year did not matter just that the trim package had to stay the same. So I picked, built, and ordered a '19 Laramie 1500 and didn't have to pay a penny more then what I paid for my '17 Ecodiesel which was $36,574.00. What Chrysler did was switch my '17 Vin for my "19 Vin and kept all the other finance documents the same. The MSRP of the '19 Laramie is $53,645. When I bought the '17 Laramie in January of '18 there was a 20% rebate on it plus my Chrysler Family Discount (EP) which then I purchased the '17 Laramie for $36,574.00. So Chrysler let me keep the 20% off rebate with my EP pricing and I got the '19 Laramie 1500 for $36,574.00. Now just have to wait for it to arrive.

FYI EP on my '19 Laramie was $47,058, FFP was $48,906.00, and HB was $1,560 (Although this didn't matter for my situation just thought some might be interested in the numbers) MSRP $53,645 & FWP $49,324.

chade014

Reaction score
Just so everyone understands you cant use EP and also get the dealer discounts or even the rebates, if you get either one your really lucky.

chade014

Reaction score
alacombe said:
I got the 20% rebate and used EP.........
Hopefully when mine comes in I get the rebates and my EP. Sometimes the dealer does not know the rules.

Flot

Reaction score
alacombe said:
Just want to be helpful for anyone in the market of a new '19 Ram

So I picked, built, and ordered a '19 Laramie 1500 and didn't have to pay a penny more then what I paid for my '17 Ecodiesel which was $36,574.00. What Chrysler did was switch my '17 Vin for my "19 Vin and kept all the other finance documents the same.
So basically you lemon-lawed your previous truck, and Chrysler gave you a new truck for the same price as your old truck. (which in many cases they are required to do by law)

Your price info doesn't apply to anyone else on the planet. You didn't buy a 2019 Ram for $36,500. You exchanged your $36,500 lemon for a 2019 Ram. That is a bit of a detail to leave out.

D

Deleted member103

firecadet613 said:
Amazing price. That doesn't seem possible!
I agree, highly "suspect" ! Something is missing in the narrative ? ?
1f644.png

1f914.png

edit -- oops, should of read on 1st , , , Yup, definitely not a "Normal" situation ! Quite rare I would Hope !
In the future I hope others will take note (of this) and Present Real-Deals that the "Average Citizen" would negotiate under "normal" circumstances in an open & clear way ! Isn't that the main purpose for the thread . . . you know, as a teaching mechanism for all of us ? Just my opinion, and wish list item going forward !
263a.png

edit.2 -- Thanks Rebel & 'dd' . . . psst don't forget to check your inbox's for the $20 bitcoin endorsement "gift" !
263a.png

1f606.png
1f62e.png

1f914.png

263a.png
!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Basically, I won the lottery with my deal! Sorry to upset others just excited hahahahah

Really though without my exception to the rule deal for the "average consumer" my MSRP of $53,645 would have been EP price for me at $47,058 as I listed above.

D

Deleted member103

alacombe said:
Basically, I won the lottery with my deal! Sorry to upset others just excited hahahahah

Really though without my exception to the rule deal for the "average consumer" my MSRP of $53,645 would have been EP price for me at $47,058 as I listed above.
And now the world is resting in a better place . . . a great sigh of relief . . . "Truthiness" wins again !
263a.png
. . . for now
1f914.png
!

Users who are viewing this thread