5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Now I got one limited offer with 7700 discount, 3k rebate but has 1400 mile on it since been driven by the manager , but it has 20 inch wheels , chrome bumper, which my wife likes and I like less . Also doesn't have 33 gallon , what is the regular size gas tank? And it has level 1 which I am sciptical about HK sound system what should ido
26 gallon on the limited

Mohab

Reaction score
How can you make sure the truck was not in flood zone in NC ? I am driving up from FL to pick it up in the morning

ballgame168

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster looking for advice. Found a Limited today with the following specs (basically everything I am looking for):

Billet Silver
ETorque
3.92 rear axle ratio
Level 1 including HK and Advanced safety group
RamBoxes
360 camera
Sunroof
Bed utility group
33-gallon tank
22” wheels
Air suspension
Only 24 miles on the vehicle

MSRP: $70,735

Sales manager said he could give it to me for roughly $62k plus TTL which I am not planning on going for but the RamBoxes are big for me and the 360 camera.

Emailed 20 dealers to see if I could get OTD pricing on the same model (even if factory ordered) and use that to try to negotiate with this dealership.

Got a quote from another dealer on the exact same specs minus the RamBoxes, bed utility group, the HK sound (difference appears to be this has the advanced safety group versus the first having Level 1) and the color is white. Here’s the numbers:

MSRP $66,850
Invoice $61,093

$54,982 offered by dealer
$1,695 freight
$299 doc fee
$335 tag and title
$3,508 tax (6%)

$60,819 OTD

So my questions are:

#1 what do you think of this second deal? Is it a good one?
#2 do you think I can use this to negotiate with the first dealer since that’s the truck I really want?
#3 what do you think a good OTD price is on the first vehicle and what should 8 be aiming for?

I have a trade that’s not worth much and I’m a Sam’s Club member ($500 rebate I think) and a competitive vehicle which is think is another $1k.

Really appreciate the insight and guidance of this board. Been awesome!

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster looking for advice. Found a Limited today with the following specs (basically everything I am looking for):

Billet Silver
ETorque
3.92 rear axle ratio
Level 1 including HK and Advanced safety group
RamBoxes
360 camera
Sunroof
Bed utility group
33-gallon tank
22” wheels
Air suspension
Only 24 miles on the vehicle

MSRP: $70,735

Sales manager said he could give it to me for roughly $62k plus TTL which I am not planning on going for but the RamBoxes are big for me and the 360 camera.

Emailed 20 dealers to see if I could get OTD pricing on the same model (even if factory ordered) and use that to try to negotiate with this dealership.

Got a quote from another dealer on the exact same specs minus the RamBoxes, bed utility group, the HK sound (difference appears to be this has the advanced safety group versus the first having Level 1) and the color is white. Here’s the numbers:

MSRP $66,850
Invoice $61,093

$54,982 offered by dealer
$1,695 freight
$299 doc fee
$335 tag and title
$3,508 tax (6%)

$60,819 OTD

So my questions are:

#1 what do you think of this second deal? Is it a good one?
#2 do you think I can use this to negotiate with the first dealer since that’s the truck I really want?
#3 what do you think a good OTD price is on the first vehicle and what should 8 be aiming for?

I have a trade that’s not worth much and I’m a Sam’s Club member ($500 rebate I think) and a competitive vehicle which is think is another $1k.

Really appreciate the insight and guidance of this board. Been awesome!
What area are you in? The second deal appears not as good as the first if you add in the options the second deal is missing. The invoice pricing is roughly 9% on a limited. If your looking at 67k your invoice is about 61k. If you have an affiliate number (1% under invoice) you can walk into any dealer and walk out at 60,400 and not have to negotiate one bit (plus tax tag title) Depending on the dealer- some are going 4-5-6-7 percent below the invoice pricing. Plus then you get the rebates on top of that. The second dealer seems to be hitting 7% below invoice but that is including your 3,000 in rebates (1500 limited, 1000 conquest and 500 sams club) so your really at about 1.5-2% below invoice. You can find more.

Last edited:

ballgame168

Reaction score
What area are you in? The second deal appears not as good as the first if you add in the options the second deal is missing. The invoice pricing is roughly 9% on a limited. If your looking at 67k your invoice is about 61k. If you have an affiliate number (1% under invoice) you can walk into any dealer and walk out at 60,400 and not have to negotiate one bit (plus tax tag title) Depending on the dealer- some are going 4-5-6-7 percent below the invoice pricing. Plus then you get the rebates on top of that. The second dealer seems to be hitting 7% below invoice but that is including your 3,000 in rebates (1500 limited, 1000 conquest and 500 sams club) so your really at about 1.5-2% below invoice. You can find more.

I’m in Maryland. The second deal does not include the conquest and the Sams club (haven’t mentioned that I qualify for those to them yet).

So just so I understand, the second dealer provided the invoice at $61,093. They are discounting that price to $54,982 for savings of $5,243 but that includes the $1,500 rebate, so really it’s $3,743 or about 6% under invoice.

So using that math on the first truck, invoice should be about $64,400 (9% less than $70,735). Discounting that another 6% brings the target number closer $60,500 plus TTL. The difference between the options is about $3,900 but it looks like deal #2 is about $5,500 less ($60,500 - $54,982). Using that math, I would expect there to be an additional $1,600 ($5,500 - $3,900) in wiggle room with deal #1 plus the conquest and Sams Club rebates. Am I totally thinking about this the wrong way?

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m in Maryland. The second deal does not include the conquest and the Sams club (haven’t mentioned that I qualify for those to them yet).

So just so I understand, the second dealer provided the invoice at $61,093. They are discounting that price to $54,982 for savings of $5,243 but that includes the $1,500 rebate, so really it’s $3,743 or about 6% under invoice.

So using that math on the first truck, invoice should be about $64,400 (9% less than $70,735). Discounting that another 6% brings the target number closer $60,500 plus TTL. The difference between the options is about $3,900 but it looks like deal #2 is about $5,500 less ($60,500 - $54,982). Using that math, I would expect there to be an additional $1,600 ($5,500 - $3,900) in wiggle room with deal #1 plus the conquest and Sams Club rebates. Am I totally thinking about this the wrong way?
54982 should include freight. No body breaks out the freight. Most dealers do not break it out... when you look at a price order confirmation the invoice at 61,000 would include the freight. If the second dealer is breaking out the freight they are trying to make their discount look bigger then it is although it is already pretty reasonable. If your in Maryland, have you reached out to Craig at Koons or Spencer at Farrish of fairfax? You will get 7% below invoice at those places plus another 250-500 additional for the affiliate reward number.

You should be able to get somewhere near 55k plus tax title and doc fee and that’s being aggressive (like Koons or Farrish)

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Spencer at Farrish of Fairfax
[email protected]
6% below invoice standard
6.5% below invoice with AR number plus 250 additional
(Can negotiable potentially 7% below invoice plus 500 for AR number)
Processing/dealer fee 699
Can bring own financing

Craig at Koons Jeep Dodge Ram
[email protected]
7% below invoice
250 additional off with affiliate reward number
Will not negotiate further
Can bring own financing

ballgame168

Reaction score
Spencer at Farrish of Fairfax
[email protected]
6% below invoice standard
6.5% below invoice with AR number plus 250 additional
(Can negotiable potentially 7% below invoice plus 500 for AR number)
Can bring own financing

Craig at Koons Jeep Dodge Ram
[email protected]
7% below invoice
250 additional off with affiliate reward number
Will not negotiate further
Can bring own financing

Thanks for the info! Guess I should have signed up for that affiliate number a month ago!

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Guess I should have signed up for that affiliate number a month ago!

You don’t really need the specific number until you close on the vehicle. If you are factory ordering- you have at least 30 days no problem.

ballgame168

Reaction score
You don’t really need the specific number until you close on the vehicle. If you are factory ordering- you have at least 30 days no problem.

Koons actually has a Laramie with everything I am looking for. Just reached out to Craig. Do I need to ask him for the deal you quoted above? Total aside, any idea how different the Laramie interior is than the Limited? The Laramie actually prices put inline with a nicely equipped Limited.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Koons actually has a Laramie with everything I am looking for. Just reached out to Craig. Do I need to ask him for the deal you quoted above? Total aside, any idea how different the Laramie interior is than the Limited? The Laramie actually prices put inline with a nicely equipped Limited.

With Craig I think you need to mentioned you got his info from the forums so he knows to price it accordingly but that deal is only on factory orders. Units for dealer stock are sold at the WOW price. If you look at the WOW price it is generally very aggressive online. What’s the msrp and the wow price? Regarding larmine vs limited I am lacking in the Laramie, someone else might

ballgame168

Reaction score
With Craig I think you need to mentioned you got his info from the forums so he knows to price it accordingly but that deal is only on factory orders. Units for dealer stock are sold at the WOW price. If you look at the WOW price it is generally very aggressive online. What’s the msrp and the wow price? Regarding larmine vs limited I am lacking in the Laramie, someone else might

MSRP Is $65,865
Wow Price: $52,201

So is it basically the Wow price plus $699 + TTL? Is that pretty firm?

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
MSRP Is $65,865
Wow Price: $52,201

So is it basically the Wow price plus $699 + TTL? Is that pretty firm?
If I recall on the WOW price you add back in freight. Then yes doc fee tax tags etc. that price is going to be pretty hard to beat else you do a factory order. I think Laramie has 3000 in rebates so that’s helping that price a little more vs the limited at 1500.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Here is where im at with dealer in Henderson. Need to get the BS add ons cut in half or no deal. $195 for nitrogen, LOL.
They are giving me a good amount for my trade tho!

Attachments

• RUZEK.pdf
    136.8 KB · Views: 51

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
nitrogen is free at costco . Tobin is lame everyone has seen their tv show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/