5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

20Ram1500BH

Reaction score
picked up my 2020 big horn 1500 sticker 52,485, after discounts 42,066. I financed using fca for higher rebates ( got 4.01% through fca for 60 months have 825 credit score) and am planning to refi as soon as i get account number.

Reaction score
Well over 25% so I would consider this a very good deal!

I have since gone to 2 other dealerships who cant even come close to matching the offer on the table. 29% off the sticker window price is the best I'll likely get as it's getting harder for me to find 2019 new stock in the dealerships close to me.

I have agreed to the deal and I pick up the truck on Tuesday! I cannot wait!

Also if anyone is browsing the dealer stocks online, you can find the original sticker window using this link below. Just replace the VIN # (the one below is the truck I am purchasing for 57,500).

Last edited:

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
They’re starting at 25% production with one shift
Not sure I would buy the first set of trucks off the assembly line.
Doubt anyone knows where this left off mid-build on a vehicle.
Expect missing nuts, bolts and who knows maybe even the bed of a truck here and there. :ROFLMAO:

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not sure I would buy the first set of trucks off the assembly line.
Doubt anyone knows where this left off mid-build on a vehicle.
Expect missing nuts, bolts and who knows maybe even the bed of a truck here and there. :ROFLMAO:

I'd imagine that they finished whatever vehicles had started production and there's no incomplete vehicles on the line. To your point though, no, I dont want anything from the 1st few weeks back

JKlem

Reaction score
picked up my 2020 big horn 1500 sticker 52,485, after discounts 42,066. I financed using fca for higher rebates ( got 4.01% through fca for 60 months have 825 credit score) and am planning to refi as soon as i get account number.

That’s gotta be one of the worst deals I’ve read in this thread for months.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think many of us thought that this shutdown and job loss would create a glut of new cars on dealers lot thus motivating them to sell and the factory to offer incentives. A few thought the opposite, that the factories being shut down, that dealers would be concerned about replenishing inventory and thusly not dealing much on what they had and the same with the factory; those people were right.

SOME people still needed vehicles and were still keeping dealer operational, not busy but selling cars. People (like myself and others here) that could wait, were educated buyers and knew these prices weren't that great have sat on the sidelines watching.

My opinion at this point is that when the factories re-start production and lots start to get full again, the factories and dealers are going to need to do something to lure people that are not buying out of necessity back in.
Now, I could be completely wrong and they could look at it like this, we sold cars during the shut down without incentives or dealing much so we can keep on keeping without offers or incentives and not deal on the price. I think that may work on some of the lower trims trucks, Laramies/Bighorn ect but not on higher trim Limiteds and Longhorns, those are not moving and you can see it on cargurus. I don't really see that as a possibility but I do see them going thru May, possibly June with that mindset.

Me, I found what everyone has said was a great deal before this started but the truck wasn't 100% what I wanted and the same trucks I was looking at pre-shutdown are still there now, $65K MSRP Limiteds and LongHorns. These trucks have been on the dealers lots for 200+ days so they are selling, at all.
I am actually trying to hold out for a Limited configured as I've found but with a MFT and I believe that truck is either yet to be built or sitting in a railyard so I can wait. I also believe, at least in my case, MFT's will be more common on higher trims as the factories resume operations this summer just like ETorque has become (barely saw them late last year but this spring, they were everywhere) which gives me more reason to wait potentially for a 2021 model.

Once the people who "had to have a vehicle" have dried up, they are going to have to bring back incentives to attract educated buyers, they are going to have to bring back incentives for me to buy or I just flat wont do it as I don't need to. I can keep driving my current truck and refocus on a RedEye. Those prices (Redeyes) have not changed through this nor do I expect them to so that's an easier decision.

I'm in a similar boat, have been watching for months and have accumulated 50+trucks I am watching to potetetially buy, all longhorn or limiteds. Some have sold, but clearly there are plenty still out there. Realistically looking to buy anytime between the end of June until the end of the year, have good credit and a good trade in with some nice postive equity for the down payment. That being said, love my problem free current truck and I won't make a deal unless its the one I want (financially and truck wise) and have no problem at all waiting for that. And if it doesn't happen, I'll keep my current truck for another year or two and wait for uconnect 5 to come around. Probably the best and most comfortable car buying situation I've ever been in.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
figures, i suck at buying cars, have no patience for it

The price you paid doesn't seem all that horrible? A little under 20% off, I agree you could to better but it's not horrible. The horrible part would definetely be the laughbale interest rate, glad to hear you will be refinancing asap.

20Ram1500BH

Reaction score
The price you paid doesn't seem all that horrible? A little under 20% off, I agree you could to better but it's not horrible. The horrible part would definetely be the laughbale interest rate, glad to hear you will be refinancing asap.
I factory ordered mine exactly how i wanted vs buying off lot so i assume that is why less of a discount

NJMyth

Reaction score
That’s gotta be one of the worst deals I’ve read in this thread for months.
Depends on where he is located and if there were very specific options he wanted. If he’s located in the northeast, 19% off MSRP on a truck with the exact options you want would be pretty reasonable.

Could you maybe find a bit better of a price? Sure, but If you live in the northeast, you’re probably not going to get all that much better.

20Ram1500BH

Reaction score
Depends on where he is located and if there were very specific options he wanted. If he’s located in the northeast, 19% off MSRP on a truck with the exact options you want would be pretty reasonable.

Could you maybe find a bit better of a price? Sure, but If you live in the northeast, you’re probably not going to get all that much better.
I am in Pennsylvania, I wanted 6'4 bed , olive green, buckets, tow , bed, offroad, bhl2, 3.92, hemi, rear wheel liners, and 33 gallon tank and none were available, so i ordered with exact packages i wanted instead of settling for something on the lot.

NJMyth

Reaction score
I am in Pennsylvania, I wanted 6'4 bed , olive green, buckets, tow , bed, offroad, bhl2, 3.92, hemi, rear wheel liners, and 33 gallon tank and none were available, so i ordered with exact packages i wanted instead of settling for something on the lot.
Factory ordered bighorn in the northeast, maybe you could have squeezed out another 1-2% discount. I would say you got a good deal, especially if you bought from a dealer who offers good service.

BowDown

Reaction score
I'm in a similar boat, have been watching for months and have accumulated 50+trucks I am watching to potetetially buy, all longhorn or limiteds. Some have sold, but clearly there are plenty still out there. Realistically looking to buy anytime between the end of June until the end of the year, have good credit and a good trade in with some nice postive equity for the down payment. That being said, love my problem free current truck and I won't make a deal unless its the one I want (financially and truck wise) and have no problem at all waiting for that. And if it doesn't happen, I'll keep my current truck for another year or two and wait for uconnect 5 to come around. Probably the best and most comfortable car buying situation I've ever been in.

I've been watching the same Limiteds and Longhorns since January of this year, 1 has sold. I have no problem waiting and trying to get exactly what I want. I'm still driving my 2003 Ram 1500 and it has no issues other than it broke a valve spring in January. I replaced that spring and have been watching Limiteds and Longhorns since. I dont have 50 on backup, you've put some work in, but I have about 15-20 identical trucks across 3 states. I have no urgency whatsoever

JKlem

Reaction score
figures, i suck at buying cars, have no patience for it
I didn’t mean to rain on your parade. The deal plus that sucky interest rate angers me bc the dealer is shady AF. Refinancing will stick it to them somewhat.

Venom700

Reaction score
I didn’t mean to rain on your parade. The deal plus that sucky interest rate angers me bc the dealer is shady AF. Refinancing will stick it to them somewhat.
I’m all for a dealer sticking it to me on the loan if I can kill them on the price. I’ll just refinance and it will be win-win cause they probably won’t touch my credit union’s rate.

Has anyone gotten a pre-approval from their credit union and then been able to quickly re-finance for the new auto rates?

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I've been watching the same Limiteds and Longhorns since January of this year, 1 has sold. I have no problem waiting and trying to get exactly what I want. I'm still driving my 2003 Ram 1500 and it has no issues other than it broke a valve spring in January. I replaced that spring and have been watching Limiteds and Longhorns since. I dont have 50 on backup, you've put some work in, but I have about 15-20 identical trucks across 3 states. I have no urgency whatsoever
You are the buyer dealers don't like, there’s no urgency or emotion, which is what causes people to either settle for less or drastically overpay.

Thats ok, I made up for your waiting. My wife wanted a specific (ivory) interior and exterior (ivory tri-coat) exterior, of which there were only 2 at the dealerships anywhere close, so I was done for, ha ha.

But then, it was for her, so if it had been a truck for me, I’d have been picky as well. Since neither of us care for a black interior, and that was over 90% of what we saw on the lots, I’d have had to special order one. Take your time.

BowDown

Reaction score
You are the buyer dealers don't like, there’s no urgency or emotion, which is what causes people to either settle for less or drastically overpay.

Thats ok, I made up for your waiting. My wife wanted a specific (ivory) interior and exterior (ivory tri-coat) exterior, of which there were only 2 at the dealerships anywhere close, so I was done for, ha ha.

But then, it was for her, so if it had been a truck for me, I’d have been picky as well. Since neither of us care for a black interior, and that was over 90% of what we saw on the lots, I’d have had to special order one. Take your time.

I'm looking at Crystal Black exterior and the Indigo/Ivory interior, don't want black so it may be the same interior you picked up but yeah, I gots no issues waiting. I'd love to have the truck right now but for this much money, I'm not settling and I don't need to rush, buying with emotion will cost you.
And yeah, dealers don't like me, had an honest salesman tell me that and some of the conversations they have in daily sales meetings. The main one that caught my attention was "We are in the Beverly Hills of of North Texas, we don't need to negotiate on sells pricing, as close to MSRP as possible". I'm in Frisco TX

Users who are viewing this thread