5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Dropped rebates on all 1500s essentially to just $2500, rather than the $4500 that was on some lower trims and 10% that was on upper.
No real granular detail on the "shortage" other than a planned plant closure for a week or two in May.
I hope they build the early custom orders before the plant shutdown. thanks Anthony for the info.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
RAM, in their infinite wisdom, has removed the 10% off MSRP as of today and replaced it with a $2500 cash incentive.
People make the mistake, of thinking model year end deals will be the best deals. It's normal, that incentives go away, once the new model year is being built. The corporation wants to sell the new model year, and doesn't care if the dealer sells the previous model year. That's why some brand new 2 year old trucks sit on dealer lots. Especially with the mid gen change. The only people who will buy 24s, are people who don't want the hurricane, and they missed their chance for incentives.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I am buying another truck so I may be updating the How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram post for the first time since 2022.

Any good new information I should add?

rick619

Reaction score
I am buying another truck so I may be updating the How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram post for the first time since 2022.

Are you getting a '24 or '25? If getting a '24, could look at the left over '23's also. I was able to get 20% off, but none of the dealers would budge past that. On that note, could add info about years with low sales and how you can get better deals on the left overs from the previous year depending on current offers, clearance, etc.

One thing I learned is to ask if there are add ons. My first deal was ruined by $5000+ of lame add ons that they wouldn't take off. So after that was asking all the dealers if there are add ons. Another one I might have been interested (higher priced already) had $2500 power running boards also putting it out of budget.

WeekndUncle

Reaction score
Bought a 2024 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 a few weeks ago from Koons in VA:

$76,265 MSRP
-$7,627 Manufacturer Rebate​
-$9880.18 Dealer Discount​
-$1067.28 TreadLightly Discount​
+$899 Dealer Doc Fee​

$58,589.53 + Tax/Title OTD

Have to ask for Craig or Brian and mention Jeep forum pricing. This is one of the few dealerships that will apply that discount whether you're ordering custom or buying an existing vehicle from the lot.

I was also shopping Marc Dodge in Lake Charles, but they were a few thousand higher (and the salesman, Michal Stanak, was kinda rude).

Kowalski

Reaction score

I followed your advise spring of 2021 and got a great deal on both a Ram 1500 Laramie and a Dodge challenger SP got 19% off both. Thank you. But they are no longer making the hemi, our salesman got promoted, they raised prices 30%, and I really love my truck it is perfect. So I will follow your new adventure but will not be looking for a new truck until they are better than my 2021.

6of36

Reaction score
Bought a 2024 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 a few weeks ago from Koons in VA:

$76,265 MSRP
-$7,627 Manufacturer Rebate​
-$9880.18 Dealer Discount​
-$1067.28 TreadLightly Discount​
+$899 Dealer Doc Fee​

$58,589.53 + Tax/Title OTD

Have to ask for Craig or Brian and mention Jeep forum pricing. This is one of the few dealerships that will apply that discount whether you're ordering custom or buying an existing vehicle from the lot.

I was also shopping Marc Dodge in Lake Charles, but they were a few thousand higher (and the salesman, Michal Stanak, was kinda rude).
That's a very good dealer discount. Their Doc fee is double of MDs though. How did you get over $1.000 Tread Lightly? It's only supposed to be 1%. You got a bonus there. My salesman Charles, at MD is very nice. All that matters though, is you got a good deal.

disarm

Reaction score
That's a very good dealer discount. Their Doc fee is double of MDs though. How did you get over $1.000 Tread Lightly? It's only supposed to be 1%. You got a bonus there. My salesman Charles, at MD is very nice. All that matters though, is you got a good deal.
I purchased from Koons in the fall. At that time, their deal was an additional 1.5% off invoice price for Tread Lightly members. While their doc fee is higher, it was balanced out in my case by a slightly larger discount than offered by MD...and it was much cheaper/easier to get my truck home to CT from Koons vs MD.

That said, Koons should really put some work into their customer service. The ordering process was fine, but pickup day involved too much time repeatedly declining service plans and absolutely no assistance in getting to know the truck I was about to spend six hours driving home. Then it took four months to get my registration/plates because their title guy repeatedly submitted the payment and paperwork incorrectly. I really got the impression that they didn't care once they made the sale...but I also saved a lot of money, so...

jai91

Reaction score
I purchased from Koons in the fall. At that time, their deal was an additional 1.5% off invoice price for Tread Lightly members. While their doc fee is higher, it was balanced out in my case by a slightly larger discount than offered by MD...and it was much cheaper/easier to get my truck home to CT from Koons vs MD.

That said, Koons should really put some work into their customer service. The ordering process was fine, but pickup day involved too much time repeatedly declining service plans and absolutely no assistance in getting to know the truck I was about to spend six hours driving home. Then it took four months to get my registration/plates because their title guy repeatedly submitted the payment and paperwork incorrectly. I really got the impression that they didn't care once they made the sale...but I also saved a lot of money, so...
I had a pretty similar experience but I saved a whole lot of money. The sales team is great but the back office experience was rough. While I was leaving I spoke to Craig, I told him the finance folks were real annoying and he apologized and even brought the sales manager over to hear my complaint. Honestly, he was awesome and a straight shooter. Next truck I buy will be from him.

Last edited:

6of36

Reaction score

Yeah, the deals from both are good, and where you live can make a difference. They sent me in to talk to there guy, but as soon as I said I wasn't interested in extras, they didn't push, just said they had to offer, and dropped it. My salesman (Charles), took time to explain things, even though I have already had a 5th gen. He made sure to show me the things that I hadn't had on my previous one. He then went with me for a few mile ride, to make sure I was comfortable with it, and asked if I had any other questions. For me MD worked well, because I was able to fly into Houston, where they picked me up, and drove me to the dealership.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Probably a rookie question, but.... I just got an email offer from Mopar for $5,000 off new vehicle, offer expires 7/1/24. If I order a truck and it isn't delivered until after 7/1, is this lost?
Thanks!

pillow popper

Reaction score
Probably a rookie question, but.... I just got an email offer from Mopar for $5,000 off new vehicle, offer expires 7/1/24. If I order a truck and it isn't delivered until after 7/1, is this lost?
Thanks!
DM @AnthonyRI for confirmation, but I believe Mark Dodge will honor all discounts available at the time the order is placed.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
DM @AnthonyRI for confirmation, but I believe Mark Dodge will honor all discounts available at the time the order is placed.
Thanks! I haven't seen a $5K coupon but if there is a code on it I'd be happy to pull up the details and check.
Keep in mind - anything coming from RAM or FCA/STELLANTIS does NOT preclude you from getting a great dealer discount

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Thanks! I haven't seen a $5K coupon but if there is a code on it I'd be happy to pull up the details and check.
Keep in mind - anything coming from RAM or FCA/STELLANTIS does NOT preclude you from getting a great dealer discount
Just tried to send you a screen shot of the code.

Users who are viewing this thread