5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pretty Picture

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Cruising home this evening and was getting close to home when one of the whitetail mountain rats raced out in front of me. Felt like hitting a speed bump as I went over it. I was too p!ssed to stop and look until I got home.

20230209_182511.jpg

20230209_182530.jpg

Last edited:

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Yea, it went right under the truck. It was moving at a full sprint, I never touched the brakes. 🤬😡

Heck, it was dark when I got home and I was bent out of shape. I didn't look underneath. It drove straight. But that metal bumper is pretty far back. No active air dampers or crap left there now. Didn't hit the radiator though. I'll look under there this weekend. Need to snap some pics tomorrow and get them to Geico. I wonder if they will cover wrapping the front with PPF again. I am sure aftermarket paint will chip up quicker than factory. That is the one thing I did when it was new to protect it.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, it went right under the truck. It was moving at a full sprint, I never touched the brakes. 🤬😡

Heck, it was dark when I got home and I was bent out of shape. I didn't look underneath. It drove straight. But that metal bumper is pretty far back. No active air dampers or crap left there now. Didn't hit the radiator though. I'll look under there this weekend. Need to snap some pics tomorrow and get them to Geico. I wonder if they will cover wrapping the front with PPF again. I am sure aftermarket paint will chip up quicker than factory. That is the one thing I did when it was new to protect it.
well if you had protection put on the bumbper before, get that receipt out, they will cover that, they have to put it like it was before the accident

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well if you had protection put on the bumbper before, get that receipt out, they will cover that, they have to put it like it was before the accident
I don't know if that's true(it may be up to the policy wording), they have to put it back to new/factory condition. I had a battle with State Farm. Back to stock/factory on my Yukon.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry bout that Mountain Whiskey.
Hopefully won’t be too much trouble to get good to go.

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
Damn. What a **** day. I have them run out in front of me on my street almost everyday. I've been lucky.....havent hit one since I had my 3rd Gen with chrome bumpers.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know if that's true(it may be up to the policy wording), they have to put it back to new/factory condition. I had a battle with State Farm. Back to stock/factory on my Yukon.
to be honnest i dont know about in the us, i forgot that part when i reply, here they put it back the way i was, but if you have more then 5k in mods (this amount change by insurance cie) you have to tell them and they adjust the vehicle value and your insurance cost but you are covered... sure hope there is something similar overthere for mountain whisky,

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Yea, just the hazard of living in the country. Wacked one in a Rubicon with an aftermarket bumper at about the same speed and didn't get anything but poop on the windshield!😁

At least tomorrow is Friday so some Buffalo Trace will help.

Glad I don't spend a bunch of time worrying about swirl marks from a carwash! Haha! 😆🤣

HemiDude

Reaction score
At least tomorrow is Friday so some Buffalo Trace will help
Yep - Rub that bumper generously with whiskey and the dents will come right out!

There are farm fields and woods all around where I live and I regularly watch 2 or 3 at a time cross the road. I'm going to go ahead and jinx myself by saying I am amazed I've never hit any of them

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
You hit a rat?
I would be scared if I had rats that size over here.
The darn whitetail deer are so thick around here they are like mountain rats. They are everywhere. I am used to driving on the roads near my home with my head on a swivel watching ditches for glints of green from thier eyes. I can't remember a morning going to work without seeing a few. Something scared this one up. It blasted out of nowhere faster than a squirrel on crack! 😃

I got home a little early this afternoon and checked it out close. When I got up under the front it doesn't look so bad. The air dam is busted loose, and all but the radiator support and all the structural points look untouched. Even the fog lamps are kind of fastened to a post and look fine, just the surrounding fascia is crumpled in. Bumper is toast.

It looks like having the lift helped. It just got knocked down and I went over it. Underside is fine. The beefy BDL crossmember is unfazed. All the lines at the fenders, hood and door are still fine, hood latch is normal.

Eh, it will get fixed. I just won't stare at the difference in paint color..... I'll just hit the carwas enough to let the swirls blend it in! (I couldn't resist)🤣😆😅

My only worry is the electronic crap. Shutters, air dam and parking sensors. Electrical gremlins suck. Glad I don't have complicated electronics! 😁

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread