5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pressure washer & Foam Cannon

LamboTexas

Reaction score
Im going to buy a pressure washer and foam cannon to clean the Dually. Any recommendations? I’ve researched some and I like the Ryobi 2300 psi 1.2 gpm unit at Home Depot. Thought or concerns? As far, as foam cannon, I don’t have a clue other than going off of reviews on Amazon?

Attachments

• 6A3526C0-D028-4671-9613-625DAF26FF72.png
    6A3526C0-D028-4671-9613-625DAF26FF72.png
    284.9 KB · Views: 80

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently picked up one of the electric ones similar to that one from Lowe’s, used it once, then brought it back and got a gas powered one that’ll do 3200 psi and 2.4gpm under pressure. The electric one did not deliver it’s rated gpm unless you were using the soap nozzle. The difference is noticeable when using it. If you’re looking at one to do more than just wash a vehicle, I’d look for one with a higher gpm while using the pressure spray tips.

You’ll probably hear it from others, but you don’t need to spend a ton on a foam cannon from a big name, they’re essentially all the same. I got one at the store when I bought my pressure washer so I didn’t have to wait on amazon. It works great on the truck and Jeep.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
I recently picked up one of the electric ones similar to that one from Lowe’s, used it once, then brought it back and got a gas powered one that’ll do 3200 psi and 2.4gpm under pressure. The electric one did not deliver it’s rated gpm unless you were using the soap nozzle. The difference is noticeable when using it. If you’re looking at one to do more than just wash a vehicle, I’d look for one with a higher gpm while using the pressure spray tips.

You’ll probably hear it from others, but you don’t need to spend a ton on a foam cannon from a big name, they’re essentially all the same. I got one at the store when I bought my pressure washer so I didn’t have to wait on amazon. It works great on the truck and Jeep.
Electric pressure washers have the convenience of less maintenance but lack the versatility of projects to use them for. If you are going to spray your house or driveway, you will likely want the power of a gas pressure washer. Electric will take care of car washing, though.

Cheap foam cannons work just as well as expensive ones.

LamboTexas

Reaction score
This will be used 95% of the time to wash vehicles. I don’t have much need for it other than that

LamboTexas

Reaction score
I appreciate the info. I know gas is better. But, I spend 364 out of 365 days a year getting some damn gas or Diesel engine to start. I want a pressure washer that I can plug in, wash my truck, wash my wife’s car, and put away. I do not need another gas or Diesel engine to work on.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Honestly, the smaller portable Ryobi does a great job on washing your truck/cars. It has more than enough power, as I only use the yellow tip and never the turbo when washing. It is portable enough I can hold it one hand use the wand in the other when walking around the corner. I just did both my truck and wife's car yesterday with the Ryboi in the link ($99) and a cheap 25 dollar foam cannon that uses the same quick connects. Don't spend a ton on the foam cannon or on special soap either. Mine was completely covered in thick foam using the same soap (Reset) that I had in the bucket.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I should add as well, that I had bigger ones in the past. They always took up room and 99% of the time its only purpose was washing vehicles. I got rid of them, put this on hanging shelves from the ceiling and have been pleased ever since. Basically, I didn't need the versatility of the larger units and was able to save money and space, while accomplishing exactly what I was buying it for.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im going to buy a pressure washer and foam cannon to clean the Dually. Any recommendations? I’ve researched some and I like the Ryobi 2300 psi 1.2 gpm unit at Home Depot. Thought or concerns? As far, as foam cannon, I don’t have a clue other than going off of reviews on Amazon?
Get at least a 3k gas powered one. I'm using the Matcc one off amazon, been going strong for 2+ years. https://www.amazon.com/MATCC-Adjust...&qid=1588628621&sprefix=matcc+,aps,159&sr=8-4 They also have a v2 and v3 that are a little more, I might upgrade to the v3 since it has a wide mouth opening.

zlman

Reaction score
I had an electric PW for 20 yrs, thought it was fine the whole time. It died recently, picked up a Ryobi 3300 psi with the Honda engine. For 20 yrs I've struggled to clean things and never knew I was struggling. Gas is the way to go, powerful and fast!
Foam cannons....I grabbed one from autozone($40) works great, I knew I was paying too much but I wanted it right then. If I was more patient, I'd order the amazon branded model for about $12 and would have worked just as well.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
I appreciate the info. I know gas is better. But, I spend 364 out of 365 days a year getting some damn gas or Diesel engine to start. I want a pressure washer that I can plug in, wash my truck, wash my wife’s car, and put away. I do not need another gas or Diesel engine to work on.
Look at Sun Joe on amazon or Harbor Freight offerings. As others have said you will be happy with a cheap foam gun.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Get a good quality Honda engine gas powered unit at either Lowes or Home Depot and foam canon on Amazon for $15. I'd stay clear of electric pressure washers. You won't be unhappy.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The electric PW is all you need if you will only be using it to clean your vehicles.
this foam cannon on Amazon is a great unit:

Fasmov Car Wash Pressure Washer Jet Wash 1/4" Quick Release Adjustable Snow Foam Lance Foam Cannon Foam Blaster

took the long wand off of the handle, then added a quick disconnect to attach the cannon to. Just too long and uncomfortable with the length of the wand and cannon.
also I bought a few rv water filters I attach by quick disconnect to the hose at the PW.

TimW451

Reaction score

Rhombus

Reaction score
I gave a Sun Joe 3501. It cleans the driveway just fine. Light enough to transport so my kids can use it. Brushless motor. The only thing that’s uses gasoline at home is the wife’s SUV. everything else is electric, battery, wood burning or propane. No gas cans anywhere to be found. ;-)

Jack Whitefield

Reaction score
A couple of years ago, I bought a Sun Joe and a foam cannon. The sun joe was weak, and took forever to setup/wash. After a year, I bought a gas powered honda. It has the power, but it's still a hassle to setup/wash. With the pressure washer and foam cannon, it never gets the truck 100% clean. You still need to use a sponge to get all the dirt and bugs off.

The reality is:

If I want to wash my truck, it's faster to just use a bucket and sponge, less mess, and less hassle.

armysgt1

Reaction score
I actually just bought the surfacemaxx 3700 foam cannon from lowes and it works awesome. I use about an ounce of Meguiar's Gold class car wash and fill the rest of the reservoir with water. It foams like crazy. I use a Troy-bilt 3200 psi pressure washer.

Rhombus

Reaction score
A couple of years ago, I bought a Sun Joe and a foam cannon. The sun joe was weak, and took forever to setup/wash. After a year, I bought a gas powered honda. It has the power, but it's still a hassle to setup/wash. With the pressure washer and foam cannon, it never gets the truck 100% clean. You still need to use a sponge to get all the dirt and bugs off.

The reality is:

If I want to wash my truck, it's faster to just use a bucket and sponge, less mess, and less hassle.
Not sure what model Sun Joe you bought, but the 3501 is not weak. You have to spend some coin to get an electric power washer that actually has any power. And once put together, there’s no setup other than the water hose and tip selection. And plugging it in

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If all you're using a PW for is washing your car, then get the cheapest darn PW you can...it makes zero difference. If you are going to use it around the home and clean the house or driveway, get a GAS powered machine. I have had several neighbors buy a so-called powerful electric PW (and I did too, the most powerful one Lowes sold at 2400 psi) and took it back as they'll never have adequate pressure for around the house activities. I bought a 3000 psi Simpson (with a Honda engine) that came with a free sidewalk/driveway cleaning attachment for $279 on sale with a 4-year warranty at Home Depot. Best PW I ever bought. Just my two cents...

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
I’ve used an electric one the last few years and it worked pretty well, but needed something bigger for things around the house. Last weekend I purchased the Generac Speedwash 2900 and I like it thus far. I picked mine up locally and for $350 you get the 4 standard tips, turbo nozzle and soap blaster. It also has a detergent container and an adjustable pressure dial on the spray gun so you don’t have to worry about taking off your paint.

PwrdbyM

Reaction score
I'd recommend you guys take a look at the Obsessed Garage website and You tube channel. There's extensive reviews and testing for automotive pressure washers. I've had a Kranzle for about a year for automotive washing. (I'm a detailer so I do a lot of washes).

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online