5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powerwagons in their Element

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Honestly I feel they **** the bed with the Rebels. They should have had disconnecting sway bars and a locking front as well. Why you need to go up to a 2500 to get these is beyond me. Chev Canyon,s selling very well due to thier capabilities.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
Only exterior difference between the Tradesman w/ Power Wagon package and the full Power Wagon is the chrome bumper and lack of exterior decals or am I missing something?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Grille, front and rear bumpers, interior, option list (powerwagon is about loaded and tradesman is not)

But the big difference is payload and towing...

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
Any idea when we're going to be able build a 2019? I know somebody wrote on here that they were able to place an order for a 2019 HD, but the website still doesn't provide the build option - only for 2018.

BTW - I think it's funny that Dennis Dillon has two Mojave Power Wagons currently in stock and two in transit and they're only making 1,500 total. I don't know why exactly I find that funny, other than that they are still bringing them into inventory with the 2019's right around the corner and they aren't asking for a premium for them like they're Raptors or something - they're discounting them the same $10k - $11k as everything else.

I'm going to have to fly to Idaho, aren't I?

jmann

Reaction score
I'm going to have to fly to Idaho, aren't I?[/QUOTE]

I would definitely recommend it. I did a custom build with them in the past. My local dealers couldn't believe it because they couldn't come within $3000 of the price. No funny business and everything was transparent. Definitely worth the drive back to Texas. Thinking about doing it again here very soon.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score

https://www.dennisdillonchryslerjeepdodge.com/

I caught a Youtuber talking about how he got a quote from them (didn't name them just said "The dealership in Idaho" - it's a known "secret") in writing and shopped it around his local area (Oregon/Washington). He had 3 months to wait for an insurance claim to come through and shopped their quote to 30 dealers. He eventually got one to beat their deal by $1,500 so he didn't buy from them. But yes, that's 30 dealerships and 3 months of haggling and waiting for $1,500. He also still ended up buying out of state and having to deal with all of the out of state tax and registration complications anyway.

Sure, $1,500 is $1,500. So it's possible you can get a better deal. But not significantly better and as @jmann said most won't even come close. Also, 3 months and dealing with 30 dealerships has a cost associated with it as well. So yeah, Idaho!

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
https://www.dennisdillonchryslerjeepdodge.com/

I caught a Youtuber talking about how he got a quote from them (didn't name them just said "The dealership in Idaho" - it's a known "secret") in writing and shopped it around his local area (Oregon/Washington). He had 3 months to wait for an insurance claim to come through and shopped their quote to 30 dealers. He eventually got one to beat their deal by $1,500 so he didn't buy from them. But yes, that's 30 dealerships and 3 months of haggling and waiting for $1,500. He also still ended up buying out of state and having to deal with all of the out of state tax and registration complications anyway.

Sure, $1,500 is $1,500. So it's possible you can get a better deal. But not significantly better and as @jmann said most won't even come close. Also, 3 months and dealing with 30 dealerships has a cost associated with it as well. So yeah, Idaho!

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
Dennis Dillon and Dave Smith are the big dealers in Idaho. Dave Smith claims to be the largest CJD dealer in the world. I'm looking for either a Laramie 1500 or a new Power Wagon. As I'm out of the People's Republic of Oregon it would be easy for me buy one while out there for biz and drive back if the deal is too good to pass up.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dennis Dillon and Dave Smith are the big dealers in Idaho. Dave Smith claims to be the largest CJD dealer in the world. I'm looking for either a Laramie 1500 or a new Power Wagon. As I'm out of the People's Republic of Oregon it would be easy for me buy one while out there for biz and drive back if the deal is too good to pass up.

"People's Republic of Oregon" - that's funny!

If you do buy from one of the mega-dealers in Idaho, please come back to this post and let us know how it went.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread