5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powertrain poll

What engine....

• Total voters

dannydyn

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone picked for engine and whether they are buyers or leasers. Curious to see the distribution.

dannydyn

Reaction score
Curious to hear from those got the straight V8 over the V8 eToque, and you reasoning for going with the non-eTorque engine.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious to hear from those got the straight V8 over the V8 eToque, and you reasoning for going with the non-eTorque engine.
E-Torque was something that I really didn't care about. I found a truck with all my must have options (V8, 3.92, LSD, Alpine, etc..) and bought it. I probably would have bought the E-Torque if it had the options I really wanted. Personally, E-Torque doesn't excite me....it seems like a glorified stop/start system....if it operated more like a Hybrid then I would be interested.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Many reasons will be covered in the etorque versus non-etorque threads; however, for me it was an easy call because I hated the way the regenerative braking felt. Combine that with the extra cost and how many years it would take to even break even with the small mpg increase, and it was really a no-brainer.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
First year of this truck style, I felt there might be some growing pains and issues and didn't want to add any other issues. So no e torq for me. Lucky for me my Rebel has been great except for the weak A/C.

ptrnfan

Reaction score
For me the eTorq was too new and the savings would take too long to break even.

Chris

Reaction score
I hear a lot of people notice the strong regen braking; I am beginning to wonder if the engine braking in my old manual WRX was so strong that the naturally aspirated v8 engine braking is much weaker and the combination of the regen braking feels very similar to the old turbo engine braking to me. I still don't notice any real breaking until I press the brake pedal, and then it feels like any other brake pedal's braking to me.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hear a lot of people notice the strong regen braking; I am beginning to wonder if the engine braking in my old manual WRX was so strong that the naturally aspirated v8 engine braking is much weaker and the combination of the regen braking feels very similar to the old turbo engine braking to me. I still don't notice any real breaking until I press the brake pedal, and then it feels like any other brake pedal's braking to me.
I don't feel it too much, but I have a heavy configuration that might be helping me there. And since I'm using adaptive cruise every chance I get, I'm not doing a lot of the braking myself...

Users who are viewing this thread