5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powered Hidden Subwoofer

dcar777

Reaction score
Hi all. Coming from this monster system seen here in my 2014.... Screenshot_20210831-142715_Gallery.jpg
I want to act like the 40 year old I am and respect my new Laramie...and wife lol Looking for something that's almost hidden and powered. Minimal. Maybe just an 8" to add a little more bass to the HK stereo. I've checked most of the big names to see if they have any stealth options but I came up short. Thanks for may help.

2021 Laramie Crew 12" Uconnect with HK speaker system.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You could do something like the alpine pwe-s8, but I have a feeling you won’t like it unless you stash it under the driver’s seat (even then it will most likely be somewhat disappointing). There’s always good ol’ bazooka also.

As someone who has always been into fully custom systems (including making my own mdf and fiberglass boxes), most powered units won’t compare to the range you can get from a basic 12” sub with a matched box

dcar777

Reaction score
You could do something like the alpine pwe-s8, but I have a feeling you won’t like it unless you stash it under the driver’s seat (even then it will most likely be somewhat disappointing). There’s always good ol’ bazooka also.

As someone who has always been into fully custom systems (including making my own mdf and fiberglass boxes), most powered units won’t compare to the range you can get from a basic 12” sub with a matched box
Thanks for the reply. Thats what I'm afraid of is getting something I won't really notice. I'll keep searching. Might just end up with a single shallow 12 under the rear passenger. Still won't be great but it'll be better. Thanks again for the reply

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Thats what I'm afraid of is getting something I won't really notice. I'll keep searching. Might just end up with a single shallow 12 under the rear passenger. Still won't be great but it'll be better. Thanks again for the reply
JL’s shallow mount 12’s were great when I had them. The low frequencies were lacking, but all shallow-mounts have that issue.

Users who are viewing this thread