5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Tune Programmers

desperadoxxxx

Reaction score
What Brand Full Power Tuner, Gives you Maximum Results (Increase in HP/Torque, Trans Shift Points, Adj Speed Limiter, etc.), for the 2019 Ram Rebel 1500 5.7 Hemi 5th Gen.?

jljbtm

Reaction score
Following

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You'll need to get your PCM unlocked to tune. Diablo is generally more user friendly. HP Tuners has more available to user without additional software.

desperadoxxxx

Reaction score
You'll need to get your PCM unlocked to tune. Diablo is generally more user friendly. HP Tuners has more available to user without additional software.
All Power Tuners Void your Manufacturers Warranty, correct.?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All Power Tuners Void your Manufacturers Warranty, correct.?
Officially yes. Some people buy a separate PCM to unlock/tune and are able to swap in the stock one when going for service. Depending on what you do to your truck, running on the stock tune may not be possible and they are able to tell if they wanted to look.

desperadoxxxx

Reaction score
Officially yes. Some people buy a separate PCM to unlock/tune and are able to swap in the stock one when going for service. Depending on what you do to your truck, running on the stock tune may not be possible and they are able to tell if they wanted to look.
Like the Diablosport Tuner that comes with an Unlocked PCM. It's my Understanding that Even using this Power Tuner Option (w/Unlocked PCM) still voids the Warranty due to leaving a Water Mark Behind on the BCM to which the Dealer can Detect, And the Only Way to Avoid Voiding your Warranty is to go to Your "Local Professional Power Tuning Shop as they Have the Capability to Bypass the ECM Security therfore leaving No Watermark on the BCM. Is This Correct.?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210906-075411_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210906-075411_Chrome.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20210905-232008_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210905-232008_YouTube.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 37

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like the Diablosport Tuner that comes with an Unlocked PCM. It's my Understanding that Even using this Power Tuner Option (w/Unlocked PCM) still voids the Warranty due to leaving a Water Mark Behind on the BCM to which the Dealer can Detect, And the Only Way to Avoid Voiding your Warranty is to go to Your "Local Professional Power Tuning Shop as they Have the Capability to Bypass the ECM Security therfore leaving No Watermark on the BCM. Is This Correct.?
Depends on the tuner and if they know/can remove the hard code that is triggered. You need the security bypass to get around the Security Gateway anyway.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Correct, kits come with a bypass. If you are looking to stay in warranty. Do NOT flash tcm, even with bypass, even with stock ecm in. It will be seen in tcm, super easy way to catch ya

desperadoxxxx

Reaction score
Depends on the tuner and if they know/can remove the hard code that is triggered. You need the security bypass to get around the Security Gateway anyway.
So, the Only Way to Avoid Voiding your Warranty is to go to Your "Local Professional Power Tuning Shop" Whom May "Have the Capability to Bypass the ECM Security" therfore leaving NO Watermark on the BCM. Is This Correct.?

desperadoxxxx

Reaction score
Correct, kits come with a bypass. If you are looking to stay in warranty. Do NOT flash tcm, even with bypass, even with stock ecm in. It will be seen in tcm, super easy way to catch ya
So, the Only Way to Avoid Voiding your Warranty is to go to Your "Local Professional Power Tuning Shop" Whom May "Have the Capability to Bypass the ECM Security" therfore leaving NO Watermark on the BCM. Is This Correct.?

OR,

Can the Diablosport Trinity 2 EX Platinum (Included in Kit - Unlocked PCM) "Accomplish This and Leave NO Watermark/Trace on the "Stock PCM" (which has been removed = NO Flash) or on the "BCM" as well.?

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Basically you can’t have your cake and eat it too. Tuning will void the warranty. You can swap the stock PCM back in for warranty work and hope the dealer doesn’t dig to find if it has ever been tuned. Most dealers won’t dig that far if the truck appears stock.

desperadoxxxx

Reaction score
Basically you can’t have your cake and eat it too. Tuning will void the warranty. You can swap the stock PCM back in for warranty work and hope the dealer doesn’t dig to find if it has ever been tuned. Most dealers won’t dig that far if the truck appears stock.
10/4. Thank you.

desperadoxxxx

Reaction score

I Received the Following Email from American Trucks Support After I Emailed them Asking if the "Diablosport Trinity 2 Platinum Power Tuner and PCM Swap Kit" Will Void the Manufactures Warranty. -

Bradley Holmes (American Trucks)
Sep 9, 2021, 3:23 PM EDT
Hey Troy This setup wont void your warranty it should bypass ecm security.

Whatcha Think.?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I Received the Following Email from American Trucks Support After I Emailed them Asking if the "Diablosport Trinity 2 Platinum Power Tuner and PCM Swap Kit" Will Void the Manufactures Warranty. -

Bradley Holmes (American Trucks)
Sep 9, 2021, 3:23 PM EDT
Hey Troy This setup wont void your warranty it should bypass ecm security.

Whatcha Think.?
You were given the answer already....they see that the PCM was unlocked, tuned, replaced, whatever...it will void the warranty. If you leave the security bypass installed when going to the dealer, you could lose the entire warranty.
You are clearly concerned about losing the warranty so if I were you, I wouldn't do it. Wait until you're either comfortable voiding the warranty or your warranty period is over.

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
I have the Diablo unlocked PCM in my 2019 Rebel. I had the option of keeping my original PCM, but that adds $600 to the price of the tune. I opted to just do the swap where they send me an unlocked PCM and I send them back mine. The tune kit comes with the tuner and the security bypass module. You can apply any of the Diablo tunes that they have available (or pay for a custom tune and load it on the tuner) and easily roll back to stock. Did I void my warranty--probably, but I'm sitting at 38k miles now so the only thing left is the powertrain warranty. BUT....I do roll back stock when I take it to the dealer for regular servicing. I also just had my exhaust manifold cover and bolts replaced by the dealer under warranty. Dealer never said anything about the fact that the PCM is not my original. I also keep a TazerDT hooked up and the dealer has never said anything about it. I even told them that I have the TazerDT installed and that I used it to set my tire size and for the auto folding mirror functionality.

So moral of the story is that it's your truck and do as you wish. Hopefully you working with a cool dealer that doesn't care about mods and will still service your vehicle regardless of how you mod it (within reason).

desperadoxxxx

Reaction score
I have the Diablo unlocked PCM in my 2019 Rebel. I had the option of keeping my original PCM, but that adds $600 to the price of the tune. I opted to just do the swap where they send me an unlocked PCM and I send them back mine. The tune kit comes with the tuner and the security bypass module. You can apply any of the Diablo tunes that they have available (or pay for a custom tune and load it on the tuner) and easily roll back to stock. Did I void my warranty--probably, but I'm sitting at 38k miles now so the only thing left is the powertrain warranty. BUT....I do roll back stock when I take it to the dealer for regular servicing. I also just had my exhaust manifold cover and bolts replaced by the dealer under warranty. Dealer never said anything about the fact that the PCM is not my original. I also keep a TazerDT hooked up and the dealer has never said anything about it. I even told them that I have the TazerDT installed and that I used it to set my tire size and for the auto folding mirror functionality.

So moral of the story is that it's your truck and do as you wish. Hopefully you working with a cool dealer that doesn't care about mods and will still service your vehicle regardless of how you mod it (within reason).
Thank you very much...I Truly Appreciate Your Complete and Thorough View on This subject.!

desperadoxxxx

Reaction score
You were given the answer already....they see that the PCM was unlocked, tuned, replaced, whatever...it will void the warranty. If you leave the security bypass installed when going to the dealer, you could lose the entire warranty.
You are clearly concerned about losing the warranty so if I were you, I wouldn't do it. Wait until you're either comfortable voiding the warranty or your warranty period is over.
Thank you for Your Point of View.
There's Definitely Varying Points of View on This Subject (see attached).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210905-232008_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210905-232008_YouTube.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 22

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you for Your Point of View.
There's Definitely Varying Points of View on This Subject (see attached).
Bypassing the security gateway allows you to write the tune to the PCM, it has nothing to do with leaving (or not leaving) the watermark. Like it's been said, its a gamble. Do it but don't be surprised if it gets discovered and your warranty is out the window. Someone on here had their entire warranty voided because he had a tazer plugged in when he went to the dealer for a transmission issue. There is a lot of grey area and your dealer. Some you can do whatever and not have to worry and others will try to void thing because you put a non OEM air filter in.

desperadoxxxx

Reaction score
Bypassing the security gateway allows you to write the tune to the PCM, it has nothing to do with leaving (or not leaving) the watermark. Like it's been said, its a gamble. Do it but don't be surprised if it gets discovered and your warranty is out the window. Someone on here had their entire warranty voided because he had a tazer plugged in when he went to the dealer for a transmission issue. There is a lot of grey area and your dealer. Some you can do whatever and not have to worry and others will try to void thing because you put a non OEM air filter in.
That's Definitely a Lame Dealer trying to Void a Warranty for Only a Non OEM Air Filter (especially if it's a Dry Air Filter - like AEM, Inside your Stock Air Filter System/Box). 👀

desperadoxxxx

Reaction score

In Your Opinion, If one Doesn't Mind Paying the Extra $600 "To Keep Their Original PCM", what's the Advantage to Doing so.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online