5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power tailgate?

Julio13

Reaction score
Ok then will get locksmith to program key fob and see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like evank33 mentioned, it’ll just work. Also, it’s been discovered that the circuit for the release button is already on the fob circuit board (and remote start also) for the HD Rams, so I’m guessing they are there on the DT fobs. You could buy some 4 pin buttons, and solder them in place. You won’t have the labeling on the fob overlay, but they will work when pressed. This will eliminate a dealer visit altogether if you have AlfaOBD to enable remote start (tailgate remote release will work no matter what).
Link to the button assortment that was used-
Any idea what type/size driver you need to remove inside fob screws. So small can't figure if it is hex, torx, pentalobe, etc... Lol... even tried zooming in with my cell phone camera. Curious to look at pc board button layout since my remote start bottom is centered and it's offset with fobs with power tailgate. I image pcb is different but figured I would kill a few minutes.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Georgf

Reaction score
It would be great to find a way to program used keyfob, they are cheap on ebay. They say some locksmith can do this…

Users who are viewing this thread