5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Steps on a 19 Rebel?

drumexpert

Reaction score
My MOPAR power steps are the above noted part number ending in AC. Dealer installed yesterday, flashed into Uconnect.

Hope you don't mind me asking, what was your out the door price for the steps, install, and flash?

I got word from my local dealer that I could order the steps... I'm looking at $1,350+tax for parts, and another $535 for install/flash.

Rebel Yell

Reaction score
Great Info! Good to know it can be done and love that dealer can flash the system to give you the manual override control to deploy or raise them.

I am curious if anyone adding the power running boards has the air suspension?

chris0152

Reaction score
Hope you don't mind me asking, what was your out the door price for the steps, install, and flash?

I got word from my local dealer that I could order the steps... I'm looking at $1,350+tax for parts, and another $535 for install/flash.

Power Rebel

Reaction score
My local dealer said the 82215288AB is on backorder but can be ordered 2/26. He said $1,500 for the parts and about $300 for labor. The service department is checking on availability to flash to be able to deploy the steps while inside the truck. Service guy asked me a fair question though - he asked why I would need to deploy them while inside the truck if they already deploy upon opening the door. I felt like an idiot because I didn't have an answer... what exactly IS the utility of that?
You may not want the steps to deploy if there is something in the way like a big rock, stump or whatever. Would be nice to turn off the power step if you need to.

Ijlukaa

Reaction score
Are the Mopar power steps the same as amp research or is one considered better than the other?

drumexpert

Reaction score
Are the Mopar power steps the same as amp research or is one considered better than the other?
I wanted the Mopar power steps over the amp research because of the integration into the infotainment system. But it was turning out to be such a hassle with the 3 local dealerships I contacted (not in stock, wanted a deposit to order, wouldn't give me a written quote, no firm delivery date)! Finally a member on here told me about a deal 4WP had for free install & no tax deal (9.5% tax in SoCal). So I gave up on the OEM steps and went with AMP. $1,500 all in (parts & install).

Pros-
Very OEM like
Spot lights for night time
Plug and Play (no computer flash or wire cutting)
Less expensive overall (in my case)

Cons-
No Infotainment integration to enable/disable deployment (you can manually override the deployment for washing, and can unplug the OBD connection to disable deployment...just not available on the screen).

I finally got them installed! They look and function just like the OEM ones

View attachment 20004
View attachment 20005

JAGITA

Reaction score
So you have done this or know someone that has? Dealers I’ve checked with said that it is not possible to add the factory steps into the uConnect software. I would like to find a dealer that has done it.
Hi all just a quick question for the masses here . I maybe ordering a Rebel here and I was wondering if I can get Power Steps installed on the Rebel ? Now I know from trying to build many online there is no option to click on but I was not sure if the dealer can order a set from Mopar and install them at the dealership ?Vidmate iTunes Notepad++

chris0152

Reaction score
Hi all just a quick question for the masses here . I maybe ordering a Rebel here and I was wondering if I can get Power Steps installed on the Rebel ? Now I know from trying to build many online there is no option to click on but I was not sure if the dealer can order a set from Mopar and install them at the dealership ?Vidmate iTunes Notepad++
Dealer can install, had done on mine; can't be ordered this way online.

Rabble-Rouser

Reaction score
I just picked up my DT Rebel 2 weeks ago. Had the MOPAR power boards installed before I picked it up. I asked specifically about flashing the UConnect 12 to enable the function in the head unit. They were not able to (or not willing, you decide) flash the head unit. 1500 for the part, install was significantly more. I think i was at about 2k for the total but I also said do it, didn't care to argue price. I looked at Amp Research stuff and from what i could tell the way they are actuated is by plugging into the network on the DLC to actuate the step based on the door signal. the DLC is not designed to have stuff plugged into it 24/7. I have seen instances where the insurance DLC dongle has caused network issues with prolonged use. I couldn't see the AMP unit being any less taxing so for me it wasn't the option. Based on what I've read in this thread I'll consult with my regular dealer that i used on my DS for 8 years to see if we can get the UConnect 12 updated to add the feature.

Do i need a button to deploy them in the head unit? Nope, but if it can do it. I want it because welp, someone else has it in their Limited.
I also asked the dealer to supply the install information because i want to know how they powered it. I'd like to be able to power them down when i'm offroad so they don't deploy into a rock. Then i learned that they have an anti pinch function and will close if they can't deploy so i stopped caring.

Kinger124

Reaction score
I opted to have the dealer install the power steps on my 19 I have coming in from being built. I already negotiated a price so I'll make sure I get the infotainment flashed as well.

ARROWHAND

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2019 Rebel with the 12" screen last night, one of the deals was the installation of the factory power steps, there on and can be deployed with the doors closed using the screen---pretty cool feature to help when washing it.

Hoel6466

Reaction score
Posted this in another thread.

Just got done installing the running boards on my truck last weekend. I have a 19 1500 rebel with the rebel 12 package. It was a fairly straight install. Removing trim panels was the hardest part. If you can install a car stereo you can install these. The instructions were detailed enough. The only thing I found lacking was information on how to install the wires into the connectors. It showed the location but not the orientation. Not to worry though they can only be installed one way. I had a friend helping and it took about two hours.

I have the air suspension and set it at the off road height and did not need to remove the wheels for the install. It was $1400 at my local dealer with the 15% off coupon. Price to have it flashed is $95.

Rabble-Rouser

Reaction score
Posted this in another thread.

Just got done installing the running boards on my truck last weekend. I have a 19 1500 rebel with the rebel 12 package. It was a fairly straight install. Removing trim panels was the hardest part. If you can install a car stereo you can install these. The instructions were detailed enough. The only thing I found lacking was information on how to install the wires into the connectors. It showed the location but not the orientation. Not to worry though they can only be installed one way. I had a friend helping and it took about two hours.

I have the air suspension and set it at the off road height and did not need to remove the wheels for the install. It was $1400 at my local dealer with the 15% off coupon. Price to have it flashed is $95.

15% coupon?? Tell me more.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

19R3B3L

Reaction score
RBP will be bringing powered running boards too.. They're estimating in the month of June to be out for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread