5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Steps on a 19 Rebel?

Como4076

Reaction score
Hi all just a quick question for the masses here . I maybe ordering a Rebel here and I was wondering if I can get Power Steps installed on the Rebel ? Now I know from trying to build many online there is no option to click on but I was not sure if the dealer can order a set from Mopar and install them at the dealership ?

Thanks for the help !!
Steve

19Rebel19

Reaction score
If dealer can physically install, can they flash the software to work with UConnect?

19Rebel19

Reaction score
So you have done this or know someone that has? Dealers I’ve checked with said that it is not possible to add the factory steps into the uConnect software. I would like to find a dealer that has done it.

geotex1

Reaction score
So you have done this or know someone that has? Dealers I’ve checked with said that it is not possible to add the factory steps into the uConnect software. I would like to find a dealer that has done it.

Some of the dealer techs are not up to speed yet. I literally watched a set being done when I picked up my bed step at a local dealer. The kit is a Mopar kit, and the tech was just finishing adding to a Big Horn with 8.4 Nav. Once it is all installed, they have to reflash with the sales code for them and you have the deploy/stow in the software. I wanted to know what they'd charge me to do the flash if I did the install - half hour shop labor as it takes typically 20min to get the new flash sent down so they can do it to the truck.

drumexpert

Reaction score
$1,500 installed? Considering it’s a $995 option on the trims it is available on from the factory, that’s not too bad. I was under the impression it was $1,500 plus install cost.

Anyone can confirm?

drumexpert

Reaction score
I asked my local dealership's parts department about getting a quote on the power steps for my Rebel. This was the response I got:

Thanks for your request! The step kit you're looking for (82215287AB) supersedes to a newer number (82215287AC) and is currently in development through Mopar accessories. As of now they're showing a release date of 2/19/2019, but I'm unable to order any at this time.

Anyone else get a similar response as of late?

wblynch

Reaction score
Searching on "Mopar 82215287AB" I got several hits including some dealers with prices just under $1300 (parts only). The best I've found for the AMP Research kit was $1335 so the issue then comes down to flashing the system to recognize the steps. (AMP does not require a flash as it runs off the ODBC connector)

By the way for those asking, I saw a part number of 82215288AB for the Quad Cab models.

grooves12

Reaction score
I asked my local dealership's parts department about getting a quote on the power steps for my Rebel. This was the response I got:

Thanks for your request! The step kit you're looking for (82215287AB) supersedes to a newer number (82215287AC) and is currently in development through Mopar accessories. As of now they're showing a release date of 2/19/2019, but I'm unable to order any at this time.

Anyone else get a similar response as of late?

I just placed an order from an online parts house under the old part number and got the same response from them. No longer available. New part number is: 82215287AB and Mopar is supposed to update with more info on 2/19.

Dres79

Reaction score
When I called two local dealers I was told $1500 for the steps but flashing was not an option. So I’m going with amp research steps next week.

staapee57

Reaction score
My local dealer said the 82215288AB is on backorder but can be ordered 2/26. He said $1,500 for the parts and about $300 for labor. The service department is checking on availability to flash to be able to deploy the steps while inside the truck. Service guy asked me a fair question though - he asked why I would need to deploy them while inside the truck if they already deploy upon opening the door. I felt like an idiot because I didn't have an answer... what exactly IS the utility of that?

DivrGuy

Reaction score
My local dealer said the 82215288AB is on backorder but can be ordered 2/26. He said $1,500 for the parts and about $300 for labor. The service department is checking on availability to flash to be able to deploy the steps while inside the truck. Service guy asked me a fair question though - he asked why I would need to deploy them while inside the truck if they already deploy upon opening the door. I felt like an idiot because I didn't have an answer... what exactly IS the utility of that?

ROFL!!! I've wondered that same thing. Maybe if you're the wheel man for a bank heist and you drive by, deploy the steps so your partner fleeing the bank can throw the money bag in the back, grab on, stand on the steps, hold on to the mirror, and shoot at the cops while you speed away? :)

DivrGuy

Reaction score
But seriously, the only reason I can think of would be if you're washing your truck, you could deploy the steps and stand on them to help reach the top of the cab while keeping the doors closed.

grooves12

Reaction score

For cleaning. Don't really want to have the door open if you are trying to spray them down to get rid of mud/etc.

chris0152

Reaction score
My MOPAR power steps are the above noted part number ending in AC. Dealer installed yesterday, flashed into Uconnect.

staapee57

Reaction score
FYI for anyone planning to order the Mopar power steps from Mopar America. They'll let you place the order with $50 shipping and then email you telling you that the shipping is magically now either $130 or $255. Because that makes sense.

Attachments

• 7D33F727-C0A9-42EE-833F-6010F65B8817.png
    7D33F727-C0A9-42EE-833F-6010F65B8817.png
    317.7 KB · Views: 64

Users who are viewing this thread