5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Steps on a 19 Rebel?

freerider969

Reaction score
Posted this in another thread.

Just got done installing the running boards on my truck last weekend. I have a 19 1500 rebel with the rebel 12 package. It was a fairly straight install. Removing trim panels was the hardest part. If you can install a car stereo you can install these. The instructions were detailed enough. The only thing I found lacking was information on how to install the wires into the connectors. It showed the location but not the orientation. Not to worry though they can only be installed one way. I had a friend helping and it took about two hours.

I have the air suspension and set it at the off road height and did not need to remove the wheels for the install. It was $1400 at my local dealer with the 15% off coupon. Price to have it flashed is $95.
Sir,
I have a couple questions for you, did you have any clearance issues on the driver's side with the cannister? Second question you had it flashed so I assume it was the factory power running boards?

Sholzer

Reaction score
I installed the factory power boards too. No clearance issues on either side. They work as expected without being flashed, but obviously no button on the infotainment until it's flashed.

Users who are viewing this thread