5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power side steps

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve had them on the last 6 trucks I’ve owned going back to 2006. Would never have another truck without them.

Bitta

Reaction score
I'm 5'3"....got the 2020 Limited with MFT and Ramboxes since I can't reach over into the bed and not having to reach across the open tailgate gives me tons better access to the bed. That said - I didn't realize how much I'd LOVE the power running boards, too. With the running boards combined with Entry/Exit mode, I don't CLIMB into my truck, I step into it. They feel super secure. My only complaint is that I have to powerwash them and they get dirty looking fast. I like that they stow away, so I'm not banging into them. Sorry you're not happy with them.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has any one ever off roared with these power steps? Not anything crazy maybe a fire trail here and there, just wondering in th hang lower then oem side steps or tuck up nicely, I’m in y process of getting some
I have...mountain log roads, some pretty rough and rutted, and have had no problem. Fixed boards would be worse...

And to the OP...chalk one more up for loving them.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I hate the look of running boards and side steps so the factory powered ones suit me best. Useful for getting in and out of the truck then tuck up and away when not needed.
Initially I didn't uses them and don't really need them, I could get in my 2003 easily without them (6ft tall) but the dash in this truck is much bigger and encroaches into my normal leg space when I enter the truck and caused me to bang my right shin on the lower dash. I learned quickly to start using the steps to get in and eliminate that.

I have learned to love these steps mainly because they are retractable

bradfojd2

Reaction score
Does anyone know what weight these are rated for? How fat can i be and still stand on them?

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has any one ever off roared with these power steps? Not anything crazy maybe a fire trail here and there, just wondering in th hang lower then oem side steps or tuck up nicely, I’m in y process of getting some
Off roading should not be an issue at all as these tuck up under the truck when doors are closed!

Users who are viewing this thread