5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power side steps

FourByBud

Reaction score
Is it just me or are the power side steps pretty much worthless? Both my wife and I find them difficult to use , and more in the way than anything else.

Joe_Lake

Reaction score
I like mine. Took a little bit of getting used to.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Is it just me or are the power side steps pretty much worthless? Both my wife and I find them difficult to use , and more in the way than anything else.
Love mine, extremely useful if you have kids climbing in/out or if you lift your truck. I couldn't imagine them ever "getting in the way"

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love my AMP Research steps. Not sure if they're different than the OEM power steps. (I've got the ORG and slightly larger tires, so a little higher than otherwise, but certainly not something I'd consider lifted.)

The power steps are great and are very useful. I also have learned to deploy them in parking lots after my first good door ding.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
We find them to be the most useful steps we've ever had on a truck. Much more useful than fixed steps, especially when in one of the higher suspension settings. What is it about yours that makes them so difficult to use? Are they OEM or aftermarket?

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
Has any one ever off roared with these power steps? Not anything crazy maybe a fire trail here and there, just wondering in th hang lower then oem side steps or tuck up nicely, I’m in y process of getting some

FourByBud

Reaction score
We find them to be the most useful steps we've ever had on a truck. Much more useful than fixed steps, especially when in one of the higher suspension settings. What is it about yours that makes them so difficult to use? Are they OEM or aftermarket?
Factory steps, truck is a limited. It's almost like they don't go down enough. Must just be us. LOL

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
I think I'm going to invest in some AMP steps this summer. I'm always the driver in my friend groups and the leather wears out quicker when people slide in and out of the seats. But I hate the look of a fixed running board.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Has any one ever off roared with these power steps? Not anything crazy maybe a fire trail here and there, just wondering in th hang lower then oem side steps or tuck up nicely, I’m in y process of getting some
They will be a non-issue for the type of off-road use you're describing. They tuck up nicely.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Factory steps, truck is a limited. It's almost like they don't go down enough. Must just be us. LOL

Are they not going down all the way? Or does your truck have a large lift on it?

Mine come down much closer to the ground than conventional fixed boards (to the point that I wouldn't want to drive with them in the deployed position and have heard of them getting ripped off like that going through car washes). We have found them to be much more useful than the fixed style boards due to the low step onto them, and the width they are vs the fixed ones.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put your truck into entry/exit first, they go down plenty. I've gone a few places and the steps are level with the curb when I open the door even.

ChrisID

Reaction score
I've had my e-steps for a year now on my limited and have gotten used to them. On another truck that didn't come with them I dislike steps that stick out a lot and searched high and wide for something that doesn't stick out too far and found the go-rhino dominator D6 to my liking.
All said and done I prefer the dominator D6's over the e-steps, but very close in plus-minus. The truck does look a better with the e-steps folding out of the way though if looks are your thing. They do tuck up nicely though, better than any mounted step. Best of luck

Goldsy

Reaction score
Love mine. They keep rock chips off the rockers too, as an added bonus.

wvinson

Reaction score
I have a '22 Limited -- these steps are the best and they come down further than most other auto steps -- especially with the air suspension in entry/exit mode.

Users who are viewing this thread