5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Side Step Question

Nozzleman

Reaction score
So I would like to buy power side steps and one of the guys here mentioned that you could control them from the radio.

My question, is that a certain brand or does it have to be OEM?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Got it. So, when it connects to the radio, is it that you can just deploy them from the radio?

Correct. You can deploy them manually from within UConnect.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got it. So, when it connects to the radio, is it that you can just deploy them from the radio?

You can also set them to auto deploy/retract in the settings menu

A8F15415-C8EE-4F5B-8312-D3A32C821E71.png

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks

One thing to note the integration with the BCM will not work unless the dealership inputs the sales code or you use AlfaOBD to enable 3 options.
The power steps will work with door opening and closing once all the wiring connections are made though.

Nozzleman

Reaction score
Can I use a Tazer DT?

clazer

Reaction score
Or you can get Amp power steps and the optional switch module, which I mounted near the sensor toggles. Or anywhere.

Nozzleman

Reaction score
Or you can get Amp power steps and the optional switch module, which I mounted near the sensor toggles. Or anywhere.
Do you have a picture of the switch?

RichM1983

Reaction score
I added the steps but don't want to go to the dealer to add the options on the radio. What three changes to BCM have to be made to enable the options on the radio?

One thing to note the integration with the BCM will not work unless the dealership inputs the sales code or you use AlfaOBD to enable 3 options.
The power steps will work with door opening and closing once all the wiring connections are made though.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I added the steps but don't want to go to the dealer to add the options on the radio. What three changes to BCM have to be made to enable the options on the radio?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/