5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power running boards in winter

Davezl1

Reaction score
Anyone had problems with power running boards in snowy/icy conditions? I'm in Michigan with winters that can get pretty bad.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In CT and we had a ton of rain that turned into ice on monday, almost an inch thick in places on my GF's car. The only issue with the ram was that they were a little slick getting in and out.

BGRAM

Reaction score
I would imagine since the trucks are designed and engineered in Auburn Hills, Michigan they would be able to withstand the harshest of winters. I wouldn't be worried one bit about them.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had a couple times where the step did not auto deploy when opening the door this winter. Both times I shut the door and reopened it and the step deployed.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Western NY here..had rain and ice so far..always deployed..one I thing they stuck a little as they broke ice but No issues here

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm near Detroit, we had a bid of snow this morning. Lots of ice build up from driving around. No problems.

Users who are viewing this thread