5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Outlets - Rambox Outlet Switch on Instrument Panel - anyone see it?

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found this while going through some of the intro pages on the website links when I first logged into the Ram Brand site through Mopar. It talked about the 3 power outlets 115v. My question is has anyone seen the actual power outlet switch on the instrument panel that enables/disables power to the outlet in the Rambox? This is what it says. I also attached a screenshot. Power Outliets.png

• The left-side RamBox may include a three-prong, 115-volt power outlet that can be activated/deactivated by a switch on the instrument panel

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just used the rambox outlet for the first time tonight!

Had a dying computer, plugged it in, I'm back in business

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, you just saved me from crawling under my truck. When I didn't get power from the Rambox outlet I thought I had accidentally disconnected something when I wired in my tailgate lightbar.

Works now but I wish it supplied enough juice to power my portable winch. Luckily I have plenty of extension cords.

Jeff82

Reaction score
What would be the best way to have the RamBox 115v outlet on after the truck is off? Dedicated run straight to the battery? I’m finding I need it more when it’s not running.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What would be the best way to have the RamBox 115v outlet on after the truck is off? Dedicated run straight to the battery? I’m finding I need it more when it’s not running.
You would kill your battery. Inverter needs the engine running. It's not a full electric, with a huge battery.

Users who are viewing this thread