5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Mirrors Automatically Fold?

scubes13

Reaction score
Is it possible to set the truck so that once parked, the mirrors would fold on their own?

And ideally unfold when the vehicle is started…

scubes13

Reaction score
Dang. $200 for the privilege. Thanks for sharing the link! Will bookmark this for the moment.

But yeah, crazy that it isn’t a factory feature.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you live in a icy climate, its not a good feature to have, but you should at least have the choice to turn it on or not.

I think the older rams had it.

Agree, not good for us in the colder climates necessarily but strange that by now they don't have it as an option to choose in one of the menus.

I believe you're incorrect about the older rams though. I had 3 4th gens (2011/13/17) in upper trim levels and none of them had that option nor do I recall ever hearing about it (other than threads like this where people asked about it).

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Tazer DT will allow that option, but it's not perfect....

Remote start will open them back up, and that's not always convenient - I'd prefer to see them open up only with the engine start button once you are back in.
I also wish they would close when the door is opened after engine cutoff instead of folding with cutting off the engine. So many times I've parked on the street, and using the mirror to look for traffic/bikers/etc before opening the door is always a good idea!
And as others have mentioned, winter isn't great on these! I disable the option over winter, but I was a bit late in doing it this year, and just the right amount of ice and snow and they won't open up (but will try and try!!). And they try on the remote start, which is most likely before you've had a chance to get out there to clear things up.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I drove a 2019 GC recently that had the option in Uconnect to fold automatically. Don’t understand why it always take so long for certain features to make it to other vehicles in the FCA lineup.

scubes13

Reaction score
Of course I search the forum for Tazer DT and the first post that comes up is someone asking the same question a few days ago.

I promise I searched before posting!!! 😂

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you live in a icy climate, its not a good feature to have, but you should at least have the choice to turn it on or not.

I think the older rams had it.
Yep. I activated this with my Tazer. The first wet snow that froze popped my mirrors off the gears when I started it.

Fortunately when I went outside and cleaned the snow off everything and ice off the mirrors I was able to cycle them a few times and they got back on track. I turned the feature off.

rws1944

Reaction score
This feature wouldn't work for me. The mirrors have to be folded in first or I can't get into the garage. Likewise, having them auto unfold when started would be a good way to lose a mirror when backing out of the garage.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like being in control of mine. But it would be a neat feature to have in some instances.

How long until we don't have mirrors and its just a tiny display panel from a small camera, anyway?

scubes13

Reaction score
I like being in control of mine. But it would be a neat feature to have in some instances.

How long until we don't have mirrors and its just a tiny display panel from a small camera, anyway?
With a personalized set of drones buzzing around the exterior of the vehicle? 🤔😎

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Kia/hyundai have had something maybe along the start of something like that for 4-5 years now I believe. Turn signal on left or right, camera for that side comes on in either the speedo or tach:

download (3).jpg

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried to enable this feature with Jscan. I do see the option for it now in the command center but it remains greyed out.... Not sure what the deal is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/