5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Door Locks not engaging

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been away from the forum for awhile so trying to catchup a bit. I haven't found a thread on this so thought I would start one and ask...is anybody having trouble with the truck locking? If i try to manually lock from the driver's side I have to hit the lock button 3 or 4 times before the locks are completely down and engaged. The key fob also will not lock the truck on one try...I have to hit that button sometimes 3 or more times. Passenger door seems to lock fine with one touch of the button. I have checked settings and am not finding anything. Is this a known issue?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t have the same experience as you really, only having to press 2-4 times manually locking from the driver side after getting out to pump gas & go in the station or something like that on occasion. But I haven’t had any problems with the fob & haven’t tested the passenger side either.

My 2000 Jeep Cherokee would do something similar to that all the time both manually & from the key fob. Which eventually wore out anyway, probably just a dead battery in the fob. If I remember correctly, I’ve had to replace the driver side window/door lock switch panel twice & picked up a 3rd spare from the junkyard for the next time it happens. Every signal goes through the driver side first on the Jeep before it locks/unlocks the rest of the doors & I couldn’t do anything manually from the passenger side when it was faulty - just acted dead until I replaced the driver side switch panel on the door.

I wouldn’t think that it would still be designed in a similar way with decades between the 2 very different vehicles & the manufacturer selling/changes hands, but it’s possible there’s a similarity in the engineering I suppose. 🤷🏽‍♂️

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
Mine isn't door-dependent, but if I have my phone and my keys in my pocket at the same time it gets fussy occasionally. When they're in separate pockets it works every time. Something to check for your variables, but that may or may not be helpful.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That might be something to look at. The keys are always in my hands when trying to manually lock and phone nearby in a pocket. I will try a few different ways to lock the truck and see if I can determine a pattern of always works correctly this way or no matter what way I try it never works. LOL! Passenger side manual ALWAYS works with one press of the button. I have also tried both fobs and they both work the same...multiple presses. Yesterday I did the fob 3 times and could never get the truck to lock ended up multiple pressing from the driver door I was so frustrated.

SeeYouAtTheTop83

Reaction score
Been away from the forum for awhile so trying to catchup a bit. I haven't found a thread on this so thought I would start one and ask...is anybody having trouble with the truck locking? If i try to manually lock from the driver's side I have to hit the lock button 3 or 4 times before the locks are completely down and engaged. The key fob also will not lock the truck on one try...I have to hit that button sometimes 3 or more times. Passenger door seems to lock fine with one touch of the button. I have checked settings and am not finding anything. Is this a known issue?
Started having this problem today. Any updates?

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Started having this problem today. Any updates?
None - the kicker is some days it isn't an issue. I do not have passive so by habit I always lock on exit with the actual door lock and not the fob...I have tried every combination of ling press, short press doesn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online