5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power deployable steps controlled by key fob

Smitty0806

Reaction score
Everyone,
I have a 2025 Ram Limited 1500. When i purchased it the boards would deploy only when I opened the doors. I have changed some settings and profile info and now when I unlock with the key fob the steps on both sides come out regardless of whether the doors are opened. Anyone know how to stop this and to make them only come down when I open the doors? There are a lot of wasted cycles with the passenger side deploying and retracting every time.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
First you might read through the owner's manual and see if there is a setting for that. There are quite a few changes for 2025. If not it might be worth trying a reset of your uconnect. But it's a brand new truck. Take it in and have it looked at by your dealership. That's not something I've read anyone else having an issue with here.

Smitty0806

Reaction score
Thank you. I am going to try a reset back to defaults and see if that does it.

dajogejr

Reaction score
That is interesting…. not sure if I like that…or would have issues with it.
I think I’d like it.. coming from a truck that previously had fixed side steps, I always seem to catch them when they’re deploying down, I have a feeling I’d like that better.

Before going back to the dealership, I’d dig through settings, I’d bet you can find something about auto deploy on unlock or opening of doors. Probably in safety features sub menu.

Users who are viewing this thread