5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powder Coating Rims

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thinking of having my 22" OEM Limited wheels black powder coated (either matte black or gloss black...not sure and open to your thoughts but my 5" exhaust tips are matte black). Anyone have anything like this done and willing to share the cost and their experience with coating the rims? I found a company locally with an excellent reputation and they do a total turn-key operation. Drop off the truck, they remove the tires, sand blast and prep the wheels, reinstall the tires, do a rebalance and reinstall on the truck for $695 and in 2 days guaranteed turnaround. Actually doesn't sound that bad but need a sanity check.

Thanks guys and Happy Friday!

RAMTIP2.jpg RAMTIP3.jpg

Lungs414

Reaction score
I had it done to my Tesla. Did satin black. I had the wheels sent to them cost about $100 per, 2 years ago. Didn't inquire to having them keep the car, so that would most likely have increased the price. They came out great, no issues. Just to give you something to compare to. The were 19's.

Grouper

Reaction score
Thinking of having my 22" OEM Limited wheels black powder coated (either matte black or gloss black...not sure and open to your thoughts but my 5" exhaust tips are matte black). Anyone have anything like this done and willing to share the cost and their experience with coating the rims? I found a company locally with an excellent reputation and they do a total turn-key operation. Drop off the truck, they remove the tires, sand blast and prep the wheels, reinstall the tires, do a rebalance and reinstall on the truck for $695 and in 2 days guaranteed turnaround. Actually doesn't sound that bad but need a sanity check.

Thanks guys and Happy Friday!
I had my OE Silverado wheels powder coated and had to leave the truck at the powder coating shop. $700 to have the tires dismounted, wheels prepped, powder coated and remounted. I rented a car for one night and they had the truck back to me the following day.

I ordered a Hydro Blue Pearl Laramie Sport Package. Unfortunately, HBP isn't available with the Night Edition package. I'm going to have a set of factory 22's powder coated gloss black and "Night Edition" my HBP truck myself :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread