5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potential Order

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK, so I decided I might not wait for these to arrive on lots if I can get a good deal on what I want while ordering. With that said, I'd love help from you all to make sure I'm not making any huge mistakes.

1. If you seasoned owners could chime in on my choice of options, I'd appreciate it. I'm not planning on doing any crazy towing, but the 3.92 still seemed to get the most love. I'm not doing the eTorque. The rest of the options you can see on this potential order sheet.

2. Price. I'm getting quotes from 4 local dealers and 1 that is about 1.5 hours away. I'd like to get the best deal obviously, but I don't plan on fighting over really small differences in offers.
I've attached the build, which comes to 66,150 MSRP:

1533735305124.png

Dealer Number 1 Offer: $59,956 after their discounts and rebates.

Dealer Number 2 Offer: $57,022 after discounts and rebates.

I'm waiting on other offers to come in today. Thanks for the help!

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The second offer is reasonable, it's $500 over their true cost. You can probably do better though.

Thanks, that is kind of what I'm struggling with. This is just their initial price they sent, so I'm trying to figure out what is a reasonable number to shoot back as my offer, without appearing a jerk

TalibanHater

Reaction score
Thanks, that is kind of what I'm struggling with. This is just their initial price they sent, so I'm trying to figure out what is a reasonable number to shoot back as my offer, without appearing a jerk

You're not a jerk for wanting to pay X dollars. If it isn't reasonable they'll let you know, politely or otherwise. Remember, although it doesn't feel like it at times, RAM needs YOU more than you need them. Make em work for your hard earned dollars.

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
Do your quotes include out the door cost? Or is it pre-TTL (Tax, title, license) and other dealer fees?

Believemeustink

Reaction score
I want to fish for quotes on a specific build as well. Is there a reference site I could go to see discover what all the information contain in these quotes means i.e. HB, FFP, EP AND FWP

glennf14

Reaction score
I want to fish for quotes on a specific build as well. Is there a reference site I could go to see discover what all the information contain in these quotes means i.e. HB, FFP, EP AND FWP
If you use the search function at the top-right of the page, you can search the forum and find a lot of questions have already been answered.
HB = dealer holdback, which is 3% of MSRP (not including the $1695 destination fee in the MSRP, it seems)
EP = Employee pricing
FFP = Friends & Family Pricing

And I've forgotten what FWP is.

glennf14

Reaction score
The second offer is reasonable, it's $500 over their true cost. You can probably do better though.
We can always count on you @JRS200x! So his invoice price is 60,456. Current rebate is 1500. And HB is 1934.
So 60,456 minus 1,500 minus 1,934 = 57,022
This matches Dealer #2's quote. Is there a hidden $500 kickback the dealer gets that I'm unaware of? Thanks in advance!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OK, so I decided I might not wait for these to arrive on lots if I can get a good deal on what I want while ordering. With that said, I'd love help from you all to make sure I'm not making any huge mistakes.

1. If you seasoned owners could chime in on my choice of options, I'd appreciate it. I'm not planning on doing any crazy towing, but the 3.92 still seemed to get the most love. I'm not doing the eTorque. The rest of the options you can see on this potential order sheet.

2. Price. I'm getting quotes from 4 local dealers and 1 that is about 1.5 hours away. I'd like to get the best deal obviously, but I don't plan on fighting over really small differences in offers.
I've attached the build, which comes to 66,150 MSRP:

View attachment 2356

Dealer Number 1 Offer: $59,956 after their discounts and rebates.

Dealer Number 2 Offer: $57,022 after discounts and rebates.

I'm waiting on other offers to come in today. Thanks for the help!
When you get this paper and it shows the EP price at 57,633 how or why do they have a price higher. I know you have to qualify for employee pricing, but they showed that price...and how did the one dealer go lower?

I am working on a deal now, and I sure can admit I am very naive to this.

glennf14

Reaction score
When you get this paper and it shows the EP price at 57,633 how or why do they have a price higher. I know you have to qualify for employee pricing, but they showed that price...and how did the one dealer go lower?

I am working on a deal now, and I sure can admit I am very naive to this.
See my post above with the math. It's due to the dealer "giving" you the HB (holdback).

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A different dealer got back to me, but I might be crossing them on the list. At first he said he couldn't build it unless I came in and sat as his computer with him. Then I sent him the above image and said this is what I want. His last response:

"I just spoke with my GSM and he would sell you the truck for invoice minus incentives. (Whatever incentives are out at the time you sign paperwork to buy the truck). I cannot guarantee any incentives.

Your security deposit is non-refundable unless the car comes in and isn't what you ordered. (Car comes in with tan interior when you ordered black, etc..) The security deposit WILL be credited to the purchase.

When can you come in and get it ordered?"

Different dealer said I would get either the current incentives or the ones when I buy it, whichever is better. Also said I could walk from the order and get my deposit back.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Jumping in on this, is invoice minus incentives minus holdback generally about as low as a dealer will go? I'm getting price quotes coming back on my configuration, some are right around that amount, one is below that amount, and the others are all above it.

Just trying to figure out how much wiggle room there is.

D

Deleted member 85

You're not a jerk for wanting to pay X dollars. If it isn't reasonable they'll let you know, politely or otherwise. Remember, although it doesn't feel like it at times, RAM needs YOU more than you need them. Make em work for your hard earned dollars.
Erm - us dealers are just conduits for RAM - we don't need to lose money selling a truck that may be sold without a loss to a different client.

A factory order, however, is a competitive crap-shoot. Often dealers just bow out because someone has acid-bathed the deal so badly no one wants to take it.

TalibanHater

Reaction score
Erm - us dealers are just conduits for RAM - we don't need to lose money selling a truck that may be sold without a loss to a different client.

A factory order, however, is a competitive crap-shoot. Often dealers just bow out because someone has acid-bathed the deal so badly no one wants to take it.

Thats fair. I'm just encouraging a different mindset. RAM and dealers need us buying. Sure they don't necessarily need to strike a low margin deal. But its in tye customer's interest to get the Lowest margin deal. As i learn more about how car selling works, it seems that would work better for volume dealers.

D

Deleted member 85

Thats fair. I'm just encouraging a different mindset. RAM and dealers need us buying. Sure they don't necessarily need to strike a low margin deal. But its in tye customer's interest to get the Lowest margin deal. As i learn more about how car selling works, it seems that would work better for volume dealers.
Back in the hay-day, FCA paid handsomely for volume. They do not any longer - I personally wouldn't take a loss on a factory order. It doesn't make sense. I will work a deal from invoice-up as a means of transparent dealings, but will always ask for $500-$1000 above.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Back in the hay-day, FCA paid handsomely for volume. They do not any longer - I personally wouldn't take a loss on a factory order. It doesn't make sense. I will work a deal from invoice-up as a means of transparent dealings, but will always ask for $500-$1000 above.

If I am understanding you correctly, the dealer that offered me a price of 57,002 is already a pretty good deal then? I'll cut right to it, in my head a long time ago I didn't want to go over 56K. But I'm not going to grind my teeth if they legit are already being very reasonable on that offer of 57. Heck, by the time mine actually arrives the incentives could very well make up that 1K difference.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How would a person determine invoice on a MSRP of 47755 where it is shown on a scale line that 42078 is a fair price and 38648 is considered a great price. Sale price is listed as 43587. I original planned a deal at 40000 based on my thoughts...but now I wonder if that is high;)

D

Deleted member 85

If I am understanding you correctly, the dealer that offered me a price of 57,002 is already a pretty good deal then? I'll cut right to it, in my head a long time ago I didn't want to go over 56K. But I'm not going to grind my teeth if they legit are already being very reasonable on that offer of 57. Heck, by the time mine actually arrives the incentives could very well make up that 1K difference.
The "EP" offer is extremely generous because they will not get the "EP" kick-back without a control number. One of the salesmen could burn their "EP" control number to get the kick-back, however, that's their problem not yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online