5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post accident blues update

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Got my rig back - so nice to be back! Pulls to the right, steering wheel is about a half inch crooked, rear sensors don’t work, rear camera doesn’t work, computer read 12.4mpg (??) bur slowly returning, the lights are pointed at the ground and need readjustment in a big way, but all in all - truck runs nice

im returning it tomorrow and asking them to deal with the pulling to the right and aligning the steering wheel and I’ll have the dealer do the rest

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My son got a low speed (15 mph) T-bone on the rt side, $8K in body damage, No frame issues though, and it was repaired and back in 4 weeks.
He was told there were parts backorders but the independent shop managed to find OEM doors, quarter and lower sill. He said it's all good now. Pint apparently matched up ok, I haven't seen it but once.

Reverse

Reaction score
The unpleasant surprise will be the price you will get at trade-in. Hopefully you got diminished value covered by insurance.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
The unpleasant surprise will be the price you will get at trade-in. Hopefully you got diminished value covered by insurance.
I had mentioned that to him, ball is in his court on that.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am very happy to have my truck back (not from an accident) after the new steering wheel, new rear window and the next set of new software updates which fixed the battery drain issue (Apparently there was a problem where the computer didn't tell the Alternator to charge. I think this is eTorque related only).

RamCares

Reaction score
Got my rig back - so nice to be back! Pulls to the right, steering wheel is about a half inch crooked, rear sensors don’t work, rear camera doesn’t work, computer read 12.4mpg (??) bur slowly returning, the lights are pointed at the ground and need readjustment in a big way, but all in all - truck runs nice

im returning it tomorrow and asking them to deal with the pulling to the right and aligning the steering wheel and I’ll have the dealer do the rest

Hi @HotHareSpey - If you are in need of any further support when addressing this with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via PM!

I am very happy to have my truck back (not from an accident) after the new steering wheel, new rear window and the next set of new software updates which fixed the battery drain issue (Apparently there was a problem where the computer didn't tell the Alternator to charge. I think this is eTorque related only).

Hi @JJRamTX - Thank you for taking the time to share this update! Please do not hesitate to reach out if you are in need of any additional assistance at this time.

Mark
RamCares

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Being understanding is not the same as being affable. I like the owner and trust that he will take care of me and this won’t get ugly or personal in any fashion. He’s on it and I look forward to getting back.

The most reliable car I ever had was a brand new Volvo C70 1998 HPT - after about 12k two of my friends ran it off the road deep into the woods while I was on vacation speeding on sharp loose gravel corner one summer night driving too fast

It took four months to repair and they had to reform the frame among many other things. I drove it for 330,000 miles before selling it. The only thing I ever had to replace was the radiator

I really like my RAM. It held up phenomenally in a head on collision. That gives me a ton of confidence in its durability

Users who are viewing this thread