5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible new Ram truck owner

Ktxixgsr

Reaction score
Hey what's going on guys/gals! I'm really considering trading in my 16 Sierra 1500 for a 2019 Ram in the near future. I've never been a dodge fan but this new redesign won me over and also the fact that GM is really trying hard to nickel and dime for features that were pretty standard on certain trims on the last gen trucks. I've not been able to find exact matches of the Ram i really want so it looks like I'll have to build in order to avoid settling. My question is do dealers honor current incentives when the order is placed and only change your price if it ends up being better for you when it actually arrives at the dealer? I would hate to order and not know what incentives are out until the vehicle arrives at the dealer.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey what's going on guys/gals! I'm really considering trading in my 16 Sierra 1500 for a 2019 Ram in the near future. I've never been a dodge fan but this new redesign won me over and also the fact that GM is really trying hard to nickel and dime for features that were pretty standard on certain trims on the last gen trucks. I've not been able to find exact matches of the Ram i really want so it looks like I'll have to build in order to avoid settling. My question is do dealers honor current incentives when the order is placed and only change your price if it ends up being better for you when it actually arrives at the dealer? I would hate to order and not know what incentives are out until the vehicle arrives at the dealer.
It is possible to obtain "protection" (a guarantee of availability) on certain incentives (but not all) that are available at the time the order is placed. This does not prevent you from taking advantage of better incentives at the time of delivery, if available. However, the incentives available at the time of delivery are the only sure thing. I've tried to obtain protection through my dealer without success, but I'm hoping to take advantage of current or better incentives when my truck arrives at the end of August/beginning of September.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer gave me the 1000.00 incentive at the time of order. If it is better at the time of delivery, I get that automatically. It will not get worse from the time of my order but can get better. I might be getting 5,000.00 by the time my truck comes in!!!

Ktxixgsr

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear protection is available and I will find out tomorrow morning what sort of dealer discount they intend to give me. I'm going to aim to get them to let me apply the conditional incentives I qualify for now such as the conquest truck owner and USAA member discount.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear protection is available and I will find out tomorrow morning what sort of dealer discount they intend to give me. I'm going to aim to get them to let me apply the conditional incentives I qualify for now such as the conquest truck owner and USAA member discount.
By chance have you looked into any of the "vehicle buying service" places like Costco or the Auto Club? I don't know if their pre-negotiated deals allow for incentives or not, but if they do, then surely Costco/Auto Club/whoever would have the straight scoop on how incentives are applied at time of order vs time of delivery. Just a thought.

Ktxixgsr

Reaction score
By chance have you looked into any of the "vehicle buying service" places like Costco or the Auto Club? I don't know if their pre-negotiated deals allow for incentives or not, but if they do, then surely Costco/Auto Club/whoever would have the straight scoop on how incentives are applied at time of order vs time of delivery. Just a thought.

No I have not but I'll look into them asap and see what it shows. Thanks for the recommendation, I appreciate it.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No I have not but I'll look into them asap and see what it shows. Thanks for the recommendation, I appreciate it.

Please let us know what you find, either way it goes. And best of luck with whatever new truck you end up with.

Users who are viewing this thread