5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible 2025 RHO unveiling??

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Remember when the exhaust note was the focal point with the Hellcats? Now they drown it out with very loud music.😆

BowDown

Reaction score
540 HP? Isn't that the same as the regular 1500s with the HO engines? How does that make the RHO special??

Speed shops are saying the little 3.0 engines are losing rods at around 650 HP. So no ability to really turn these up either. Won't be competitive with Ford or GM ever again. Sigh.....

I Don't believe that for 1 second

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They did replace the TRX with this. The TRX is no longer offered and this is. Same exact truck with an engine swap. Until they provide a new TRX this is what replaced it. A ceo can say the sky is rainbow colored but it doesn't make it true.
The TRX was to go against the raptor, the whole. T-Rex theme is against the raptor... They reduced specs and at least had the decently to rename it as to not spit in everyone who bought a trx's face as some rice burner owner at a distance glance.
Ram stance is this isn't a performance truck, it is a sport truck. Like a Rebel, Warlock, HD Rebel, and Power Wagon. They sound like they want to beef up this segment.

silver billet

Reaction score
I Don't believe that for 1 second

I don't find it that hard to believe. The 5.7 hemi will run forever unless you try and boost it past like 5 to 8 psi.

Engines are built to a tolerance and 520 hp is already a lot of power per cylinder. I've heard reports about the hurricane putting out huge power numbers but I'm willing to bet it requires more than just a tune. Wouldn't surprise me if it needs upgraded internals to do that.

BowDown

Reaction score
I don't find it that hard to believe. The 5.7 hemi will run forever unless you try and boost it past like 5 to 8 psi.

Engines are built to a tolerance and 520 hp is already a lot of power per cylinder. I've heard reports about the hurricane putting out huge power numbers but I'm willing to bet it requires more than just a tune. Wouldn't surprise me if it needs upgraded internals to do that.

I do, this engine is built for boost and RPM, no way the limits are that close to factory numbers for rods to come out.
If we were talking 900 to 1200 whp or even fwhp, I might believe it but to say there's only a 100hp delta between stock power and when a rods going into orbit, no.
If, IF, the story is true, Id venture a guess someone threw some crazy timing, rpm and boost into it but this engine is only in Grand Waggoneers; what owner is modding GW's for max power?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I do, this engine is built for boost and RPM, no way the limits are that close to factory numbers for rods to come out.
If we were talking 900 to 1200 whp or even fwhp, I might believe it but to say there's only a 100hp delta between stock power and when a rods going into orbit, no.
If, IF, the story is true, Id venture a guess someone threw some crazy timing, rpm and boost into it but this engine is only in Grand Waggoneers; what owner is modding GW's for max power?
Wouldn't surprise me.
In the comptuer world you used to be able to overclock CPUs and GPUs.
Now almost 99% of the stuff you buy is already overclocked from the factory and leave little if ANY overhead to go further.
Why would the truck market be any different?

Vehicles are no longer over engineered because companies don't want them to last forever anymore. It would be a waste of their money if they give you too much overhead imo.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ram stance is this isn't a performance truck, it is a sport truck. Like a Rebel, Warlock, HD Rebel, and Power Wagon. They sound like they want to beef up this segment.
I would sell my Limited for an SRT Ram 1500... I think i'm going to be waiting a long time.

silver billet

Reaction score

LIke I said, the 5.7 hemi does not react well to boost, just one example. The rings aren't gapped enough, and the pistons are like glass once the boost comes in.

Why would they build an engine that can reliably handle 650+ hp but not put it out there?

Max tow on the HO is also down vs the SO. Trying to shed heat is more than likely an issue in this engine.

BowDown

Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me.
In the comptuer world you used to be able to overclock CPUs and GPUs.
Now almost 99% of the stuff you buy is already overclocked from the factory and leave little if ANY overhead to go further.
Why would the truck market be any different?

Vehicles are no longer over engineered because companies don't want them to last forever anymore. It would be a waste of their money if they give you too much overhead imo.

Because in the car world, it is different. Coyote engine, Hellcat engine, Supra engine, any LS engine, any LT engine, viper engine, lambo engine, varius bmw engines et al have all produced at least a 50% increase power with no mechanical issues when tuned correctly.

Until someone produces one of these so called tuned hurricanes blown up and the speed shop that did it, I'm calling BS and it's simply hurricane hate.

BowDown

Reaction score
LIke I said, the 5.7 hemi does not react well to boost, just one example. The rings aren't gapped enough, and the pistons are like glass once the boost comes in.

Why would they build an engine that can reliably handle 650+ hp but not put it out there?

Max tow on the HO is also down vs the SO. Trying to shed heat is more than likely an issue in this engine.

Well no S, it's not a boost ready engine but there's still plenty of boosted SBE 5.7's 600-700 whp. The SO and HO are boost ready engines with the correct ring gaps for boost and forged pistons and rods
The Hurricanes' crankshafts are forged from twisted steel and are clasped by forged steel connecting rods

I get it, you dark want the HEMI to remain; its not, get over it. The hurricane twins are here now, time to accept that and all this hurricane blowing up at 650 hp is BS until someone produces an example.

silver billet

Reaction score
Well no S, it's not a boost ready engine but there's still plenty of boosted SBE 5.7's 600-700 whp. The SO and HO are boost ready engines with the correct ring gaps for boost and forged pistons and rods

You're missing the point which was that manufacturers don't overbuild an engine and then purposely reduce the output power. This field is very competitive and if there was room on the table for the 3.0 to put out more power with stock components, why wouldn't they? The reduced HO tow rating tells the story, I bet it has issues with staying cool (for a start).

I get it, you dark want the HEMI to remain; its not, get over it. The hurricane twins are here now, time to accept that and all this hurricane blowing up at 650 hp is BS until someone produces an example.

I get it. You're sensitive to any constructive criticism or concerns people might have with a tiny engine being flogged half to death. It's nothing personal, you're welcome to enjoy it.

I actually don't hate the hurricane at all. In a car (or minivan) it could be a blast. But in a truck doing truck things? I'll take my time tested and proven iron block hemi each and every day over these tiny turbos.

BowDown

Reaction score
You're missing the point which was that manufacturers don't overbuild an engine and then purposely reduce the output power. This field is very competitive and if there was room on the table for the 3.0 to put out more power with stock components, why wouldn't they? The reduced HO tow rating tells the story, I bet it has issues with staying cool (for a start).

I get it. You're sensitive to any constructive criticism or concerns people might have with a tiny engine being flogged half to death. It's nothing personal, you're welcome to enjoy it.

I actually don't hate the hurricane at all. In a car (or minivan) it could be a blast. But in a truck doing truck things? I'll take my time tested and proven iron block hemi each and every day over these tiny turbos.

Yet we have SBE engines able to produce almost twice the factory power rating.
Im sensitive lol? I'm not the one complaining about the HEMI going away and the 2025 ram being equipped with a 6 cylinder and making claims of already blown up I6s.
Someone's sensitive alright but it ain't me.

You guys have been whining about the I6 since day one as though Ram is here listening...
"Hey, dark and silver don't want an I6, we should go back to the hemi in the 1500... Yeah"🤣

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Im sensitive lol? I'm not the one complaining about the HEMI going away and the 2025 ram being equipped with a 6 cylinder and making claims of already blown up I6s.

You guys have been whining about the I6 since day one as though Ram is here listening...
"Hey, dark and silver don't want an I6, we should go back to the hemi in the 1500... Yeah"🤣
They will just go out bankrupt again, not my problem. When was the last time like 2009? Might just scrap the Ram brand and sell the new turbos as Fiat 1499s

silver billet

Reaction score
Yet we have the hemi which can't.

Im sensitive lol?
Yes

I'm not the one complaining about the HEMI going away and the 2025 ram being equipped with a 6 cylinder and making claims of already blown up I6s.
No, but you're complaining about our lack of interest and concerns with the hurricane

Its you

You call it whining because you're sensitive to criticism. See how that works? We're just here discussing why the hurricane is a poor choice for trucks and you got your knickers in a knot over it. Like we shot your dog or something.

That's a lovely straw man. Did you prop it up all by yourself you big boy?

I never suggested if we talk louder Ram will change. I know they won't, and it doesn't matter because I've already made my choice and my next truck will not be a ram as long as there are NA v8's around somewhere else.

BowDown

Reaction score
Yet we have the hemi which can't.

Yes

No, but you're complaining about our lack of interest and concerns with the hurricane

Its you

You call it whining because you're sensitive to criticism. See how that works? We're just here discussing why the hurricane is a poor choice for trucks and you got your knickers in a knot over it. Like we shot your dog or something.

That's a lovely straw man. Did you prop it up all by yourself you big boy?

I never suggested if we talk louder Ram will change. I know they won't, and it doesn't matter because I've already made my choice and my next truck will not be a ram as long as there are NA v8's around somewhere else.

Laughing at your anger of the i6 in every 2025 thread is far from complaining 🤣

Like I said, we get you don't like it, your incessant unfounded criticism along with bs failures is funny though but you chive on Capt Angry, chive on 😂

silver billet

Reaction score
Laughing at your anger of the i6 in every 2025 thread is far from complaining 🤣

Like I said, we get you don't like it, your incessant unfounded criticism along with bs failures is funny though but you chive on Capt Angry, chive on 😂

Trying to turn criticism into anger is your problem, not mine.

Jmac509

Reaction score
Listen guys, I'm sensitive over your lack of sensitivity towards each other here.

As far as the truck goes, I actually like the RHO idea. When I ordered my truck I considered getting a TRX however the price jump was too much for me. As much as I love the idea of the TRX I'm not sure how I feel about daily driving a Hellcat. When I looked into the cost of adding a lift kit to the regular 1500 vs the stock TRX suspension it became obvious that the suspension setup on the TRX is far beyond a simple lift kit on the regular 1500. I'm happy to see they are offering the suspension setup at a lower price point now. It would be even better if you could get it without all of the extra styling. If I could get my truck as it was configured now with the TRX/RHO suspension package it would be perfect.

As far as the I6 Hurricane goes, I'm not a fan of it vs the 5.7 or 6.4, the V8 is such an American Icon. I recently ended up in a new Wagoneer as a rental for a week and drove it 800 miles with the I6 Hurricane and I thought I was going to hate it. I was surprised at how it drove. It was the standard output model and it definitely had more power a manners than my 5.7 Etorque. Assuming The I6 hurricane doesn't prove to be inherently unreliable I would be more comfortable with a turbo inline 6 vs an Etorque 5.7 for long term ownership. I ended up with the 5.7 Etorque because that was the only option available for 2023 but I'm nervious once the 5.7 Etorque is completely out of production if there will be parts availability for the battery packs and generators. I found it interesting that the i6 has auto start stop however it does not appear to have any E torque system.

I understand the i6 hurricane hate, I'm not a fan any of these "emission" based engine options however if you are at all on the fence about the i6 hurricane or have the opportunity to get one as a rental I would suggest you give it a try and see how you feel afterwards. I love the 5.7 and I don't plan on trading it in for the i6 but if I was buying a new truck I would at least test drive the i6 instead of going straight to ford or chevy. I also wanted to mention the Wagoneer with the standard output hurricane feels way faster off the line than my 1500 Etorque. I assumed there would be turbo lag but the power felt instant at every RPM level.

silver billet

Reaction score
Listen guys, I'm sensitive over your lack of sensitivity towards each other here.

As far as the truck goes, I actually like the RHO idea. When I ordered my truck I considered getting a TRX however the price jump was too much for me. As much as I love the idea of the TRX I'm not sure how I feel about daily driving a Hellcat. When I looked into the cost of adding a lift kit to the regular 1500 vs the stock TRX suspension it became obvious that the suspension setup on the TRX is far beyond a simple lift kit on the regular 1500. I'm happy to see they are offering the suspension setup at a lower price point now. It would be even better if you could get it without all of the extra styling. If I could get my truck as it was configured now with the TRX/RHO suspension package it would be perfect.

As far as the I6 Hurricane goes, I'm not a fan of it vs the 5.7 or 6.4, the V8 is such an American Icon. I recently ended up in a new Wagoneer as a rental for a week and drove it 800 miles with the I6 Hurricane and I thought I was going to hate it. I was surprised at how it drove. It was the standard output model and it definitely had more power a manners than my 5.7 Etorque. Assuming The I6 hurricane doesn't prove to be inherently unreliable I would be more comfortable with a turbo inline 6 vs an Etorque 5.7 for long term ownership. I ended up with the 5.7 Etorque because that was the only option available for 2023 but I'm nervious once the 5.7 Etorque is completely out of production if there will be parts availability for the battery packs and generators. I found it interesting that the i6 has auto start stop however it does not appear to have any E torque system.

I understand the i6 hurricane hate, I'm not a fan any of these "emission" based engine options however if you are at all on the fence about the i6 hurricane or have the opportunity to get one as a rental I would suggest you give it a try and see how you feel afterwards. I love the 5.7 and I don't plan on trading it in for the i6 but if I was buying a new truck I would at least test drive the i6 instead of going straight to ford or chevy. I also wanted to mention the Wagoneer with the standard output hurricane feels way faster off the line than my 1500 Etorque. I assumed there would be turbo lag but the power felt instant at every RPM level.

My criticism and objection of the hurricane isn't based on feelings, so that's not going to change after driving one. I have no doubt it feels faster and really smooth. I'd probably enjoy this engine in an updated challenger with a stick shift though even there I'd buy the 6.4 scat pack first if I could, no contest.

Users who are viewing this thread