5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible 2025 RHO unveiling??

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
540 HP? Isn't that the same as the regular 1500s with the HO engines? How does that make the RHO special??

Speed shops are saying the little 3.0 engines are losing rods at around 650 HP. So no ability to really turn these up either. Won't be competitive with Ford or GM ever again. Sigh.....

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
540 HP? Isn't that the same as the regular 1500s with the HO engines? How does that make the RHO special??

Speed shops are saying the little 3.0 engines are losing rods at around 650 HP. So no ability to really turn these up either. Won't be competitive with Ford or GM ever again. Sigh.....

You realize the F150 Raptor only has 450 hp? This thing absolutely outpowers it's nearest competitor.

What makes it special is the suspension and wide body nature of these type of trucks. The Raptor was never popular because it had a powerful motor, this actually is an improvement over that recipe.

Factor in it's base price is lower than a loaded 1500, or heck even the top of the mid-sized trucks from Ford, Toyota and GM. I suspect the Rhino will be a sales success.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You realize the F150 Raptor only has 450 hp? This thing absolutely outpowers it's nearest competitor.

What makes it special is the suspension and wide body nature of these type of trucks. The Raptor was never popular because it had a powerful motor, this actually is an improvement over that recipe.
The trx was popular because it had a powerful motor, and this replaced the trx. Bringing down specs to match competitors is a terrible thing to do. Competition should increase not decrease the quality of the product.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
TFL Truck reported that a fully loaded RHO would be around $82k
They don't know until things are related. I just did one with some of the options not taking anything spare tire or tow related and I ended up at 91k msrp. Looks like fully loaded is closer to 95k, 82k just gets you level 1.

Picture thanks to our boi Anthony at MD
Screenshot_20240425_110339.jpg

SD Rebel

Reaction score
The trx was popular because it had a powerful motor, and this replaced the trx. Bringing down specs to match competitors is a terrible thing to do. Competition should increase not decrease the quality of the product.

Nope, this doesn't replace the TRX, this is a direct competitor in terms of price and spec to the Ecoboost Raptor, which is the volume seller of the Raptor line.

They left the door open for a new TRX in the future, likely a 700 hp plus hybrid. They made it very clear this isn't meant to replace the TRX several times in their introduction on this truck.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Nope, this doesn't replace the TRX, this is a direct competitor in terms of price and spec to the Ecoboost Raptor, which is the volume seller of the Raptor line.

They left the door open for a new TRX in the future, likely a 700 hp plus hybrid. They made it very clear this isn't meant to replace the TRX several times in their introduction on this truck.
They did replace the TRX with this. The TRX is no longer offered and this is. Same exact truck with an engine swap. Until they provide a new TRX this is what replaced it. A ceo can say the sky is rainbow colored but it doesn't make it true.
The TRX was to go against the raptor, the whole. T-Rex theme is against the raptor... They reduced specs and at least had the decently to rename it as to not spit in everyone who bought a trx's face as some rice burner owner at a distance glance.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
They did replace the TRX with this. The TRX is no longer offered and this is. Same exact truck with an engine swap. Until they provide a new TRX this is what replaced it. A ceo can say the sky is rainbow colored but it doesn't make it true.
The TRX was to go against the raptor, the whole. T-Rex theme is against the raptor... They reduced specs and at least had the decently to rename it as to not spit in everyone who bought a trx's face as some rice burner owner at a distance glance.

You realize the Raptor R was just for the TRX, Ford didn't want to make it, its produced in such small qualities it's barely a rounding error on the F-series spreadsheet.

The bread and butter of the Raptor is their Ecoboost truck and RAM finally has a direct competitor with actually superior specs to it while costing a similar price.

Will there be a TRX replacement in the future with over 700hp? Who knows, hopefully.

Serpens

Reaction score

That's a little too doom and gloom for me. You act as if they can't upgrade the internals to support more power. They may turn to battery power to fill in the gap, granted, but it's too early in the game to call it a wrap.

You realize the Raptor R was just for the TRX, Ford didn't want to make it, its produced in such small qualities it's barely a rounding error on the F-series spreadsheet.

The bread and butter of the Raptor is their Ecoboost truck and RAM finally has a direct competitor with actually superior specs to it while costing a similar price.

Will their be a TRX replacement in the future with over 700hp? Who knows, hopefully.

100% agree.

dcchris311

Reaction score
Well, I'm switching over to the RHO, I've already selected all my options/packages. I'm just waiting to hear back from Anthony over at Mark Dodge.

dcchris311

Reaction score

It's actually putting out more than 540, it's quicker 0-60 by .1sec compared to the other HO equipped models and that's because of the Ram air hood.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
They don't know until things are related. I just did one with some of the options not taking anything spare tire or tow related and I ended up at 91k msrp. Looks like fully loaded is closer to 95k, 82k just gets you level 1.

View attachment 181880

A Level 1 RHO is pretty loaded.

RHO Level 1 Equipment Group (A6H)

Image not available at this time. Please try again later.

Details:

· Full Length Prem Upgraded Floor Cons (CVT)

· Google Android Auto (RF5)

· SiriusXM Radio Service (X9B)

· USB Host Flip (RF7)

· Surround View Camera System (XAK)

· Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers (JHC)

· LED CHMSL Lamp (LPH)

· Integrated Center Stack Radio (RTF)

· For Details, Visit DriveUconnect.com (X9E)

· Power Adjustable Pedals w/Memory (XAM)

· For More Info, Call 800-643-2112 (X9H)

· Front Passenger Interactive Display (RJA)

· Integrated Voice Command w/Bluetooth (XRB)

· Connectivity - US/Canada (RTM)

· Traffic Sign Recognition (SJB)

· RR View Auto Dim Mirror Digital 3.0 (GNQ)

· GPS Navigation (JLN)

· 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hot Spot (RTQ)

· GPS Antenna Input (JLP)

· Hands-Free Active Driving Assist Sys (SJH)

· Power Seat Back Massage - Frt Pass (CE5)

· SiriusXM with 360L (RTU)

· Head Up Display (LBK)

· Global Telematics Box Module (TBM) (RDG)

· Connected Travel & Traffic Services (RTV)

· Power Seat Back Massage - Driver (CE9)

· Drowsy Driver Detection (XNM)

· Intersection Collision Assist System (XPS)

· Apple CarPlay (RFP)

· Disassociated Touchscreen Display (RFV)

· Leather/Carbon Flat-Bottom Strg Whl (SC2)

· Smartphone As A Key Capable (GX6)

· HD Radio (RE8)

· 14.4" Touchscreen Display (RHZ)

· Driver/Psngr Assist Handles, Wrapped (CSV)

· Dual Wireless Charging Pad (CMS)

· Uconnect 5 NAV W 14.4" Display (USA) (UBW)

· 240 Amp Alternator (BAL)

· 19 SPKR Harman Kardon Prem. Sound (RCA)

· Exterior Mirrors w/Memory (LEM)

· Luxury Front Door Trim Panel (CTH)

· Real Carbon Fiber Interior Accents (XSQ)

· Driver Seat Memory (LEQ)

· Power Tailgate (JRC)

· Radio/Drv Seat/Mirrors/Pedals Memory (LEV)

· 12-Way/1-Way Trailer Connector (XEK)

dcchris311

Reaction score

They absolutely will be competitive, you can always go with an alcohol blended fuel such as E30. I ran thay blend in my BMW with a B58 and it made a significant difference. Obviously it was tuned for it BUT it's possible to push further. Especially with this engine, with all those forged internals.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
A Level 1 RHO is pretty loaded.

RHO Level 1 Equipment Group (A6H)

Image not available at this time. Please try again later.

Details:

· Full Length Prem Upgraded Floor Cons (CVT)

· Google Android Auto (RF5)

· SiriusXM Radio Service (X9B)

· USB Host Flip (RF7)

· Surround View Camera System (XAK)

· Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers (JHC)

· LED CHMSL Lamp (LPH)

· Integrated Center Stack Radio (RTF)

· For Details, Visit DriveUconnect.com (X9E)

· Power Adjustable Pedals w/Memory (XAM)

· For More Info, Call 800-643-2112 (X9H)

· Front Passenger Interactive Display (RJA)

· Integrated Voice Command w/Bluetooth (XRB)

· Connectivity - US/Canada (RTM)

· Traffic Sign Recognition (SJB)

· RR View Auto Dim Mirror Digital 3.0 (GNQ)

· GPS Navigation (JLN)

· 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hot Spot (RTQ)

· GPS Antenna Input (JLP)

· Hands-Free Active Driving Assist Sys (SJH)

· Power Seat Back Massage - Frt Pass (CE5)

· SiriusXM with 360L (RTU)

· Head Up Display (LBK)

· Global Telematics Box Module (TBM) (RDG)

· Connected Travel & Traffic Services (RTV)

· Power Seat Back Massage - Driver (CE9)

· Drowsy Driver Detection (XNM)

· Intersection Collision Assist System (XPS)

· Apple CarPlay (RFP)

· Disassociated Touchscreen Display (RFV)

· Leather/Carbon Flat-Bottom Strg Whl (SC2)

· Smartphone As A Key Capable (GX6)

· HD Radio (RE8)

· 14.4" Touchscreen Display (RHZ)

· Driver/Psngr Assist Handles, Wrapped (CSV)

· Dual Wireless Charging Pad (CMS)

· Uconnect 5 NAV W 14.4" Display (USA) (UBW)

· 240 Amp Alternator (BAL)

· 19 SPKR Harman Kardon Prem. Sound (RCA)

· Exterior Mirrors w/Memory (LEM)

· Luxury Front Door Trim Panel (CTH)

· Real Carbon Fiber Interior Accents (XSQ)

· Driver Seat Memory (LEQ)

· Power Tailgate (JRC)

· Radio/Drv Seat/Mirrors/Pedals Memory (LEV)

· 12-Way/1-Way Trailer Connector (XEK)
It is. But loaded and fully loaded are different things. I don't think we will see any base models is all. Equipment packages are way cheaper on the other trims, they did the same crap with the trx with package choices and pricing.

Idahoktm

Reaction score

View attachment 181880

If you optioned out a RHO the same as my Lunar Edition TRX, you would be at $88k. With the Mark Dodge discount, you're looking at $78k. That's a great deal and compared to a V6 Raptor it's an absolute bargain. I'm not interested in the RHO, but I believe at the current price, Ram will sell a bunch of them. If I was in the market for a 2025 Ram, I would rather have the RHO than the Tungsten or the Limited.

FloridaSun

Reaction score
You can wait till fall!
Yes, I don't like their marketing so out in front of production. 25% of all car purchases are from impulse...F150 Lightning had 70% order cancellation and Cybertruck has only delivered 400K of 1.9M reserved...won't release how many have cancelled.

Dewey

Reaction score
I’m in no hurry to get out of my Hemi but if I was this would be really appealing. I’m still having a hard time getting past the lack of a V8 in a full size truck. Maybe I’ll feel different in a few years. Who knows.

I think they’ll sell a bunch of these due to the ability to get the HO in a “Rebel” even though the body is way different than the standard Rebel. Being able to get into this truck for less than a Limited or Tungsten was a wise move for sales. Last thing we needed was another bloated priced special edition.

Dewey

Reaction score
Love the headlights. Will help set it apart from the TRX. No need to use a Tazer or similar to adjust to a different layout. Great just as is.

Users who are viewing this thread