5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possessed Uconnect 12 in 2020 Limited 1500

Jgon371

Reaction score
Ok... I don't know if I should lighter her on fire, call a priest, take her to the junkyard, or just use a hammer. Here is my story:

• I brought a 2020 Limited with 2000 miles on September 2019 with a 12 inches Uconnect Radio. The truck was never titled, it was a demo and manager's truck. I WAS THE HAPPIEST SUCKER, that faded very quickly.
  • The dealership assured me that the warranty was going to be extended up to 38K
  • The first month, the sound went out, disconnected the battery and it came back on.
  • Went for my first oil change, and surprise surprise... somehow the dealership did not honor the free oil change because the truck had been brought used. I have all the paperwork that specified that the title was new.
  • XM Guardian expired in January 2020. Not even a year. The window sticker said that it was one year free, called Ram Services and told me that since it was connected in January 2019, that was a full year; even though I had the truck for less than a year with a never titled purchase.
  • XM radio expired as well. Refer to the previous bullet.
  • A few months after that the radio no sound problem persisted every few weeks for 1 day or so.
  • COVID hit, and everything closed. No access to dealerships.
  • Problem with sound permitted way more, every week at least one day without sound.
  • My mother passed away and because of family matters and work, I could not take the truck to the dealership.
  • Finally took the truck back to the dealership in October 2022, dashboard leather bubbled up, the back seat leather bubbled as well, and the radio-no sound problem.
  • The dealership replaced the dash...they forgot about the back seat (up to this day they still have not fixed it). The Stereo was now black. No turning on whatsoever.
  • Upon questioning the dealership why it was black they said it was part of the process of testing, that it was normal.
  • three months after not having a stereo (worst that no sound), they replaced it. Worked for a week, then went to a black screen.
  • Took it back, and order a "module" to replace it. Took a month or more to get here. Replaced it no change.
  • Took it back, and order the front screen to replace. Took 45 days to get here. Replaced it no change.
  • It has been at least a year with a black screen on my radio. I use a Bluetooth speaker to listen to music or something while driving on long trips.
  • IT IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!
  • went on vacation for a week, came back and the truck was dead. Took it to the dealership and told me that the battery was bad. Replaced battery.
  • Went on a vacation a few months after that again, came back truck was dead. The dealership said that my warranty expired and could not look it at. My warranty is supposed to expire in September 2023 or 38,000 miles. this happened in May 2023 and the truck had 33K miles
  • IT IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!
  • called Ram Care or whatever phone number numerous times and they all tell me that they will call me back or that I need to speak to the dealership where I purchased it from. But all paperwork from the dealership is correct.
  • I have to leave the truck at the dealership for several days or a week at a time to be serviced for a few hours, they told me that I have to leave so STAR CASE or whatever the name is to call them and receive guidance.
  • I tried to get another car from a dealership to be able to drive to work and home. I have to use my wife's car... while she was pregnant.... right now I am using her car while my 2-month baby is at home with her...... IT IS UPSETTING.
  • My wife is bound to return to work next week (she is a teacher), and we are back to a one-car family.
  • My 2020 Ram Limited looks awesome parked at the dealership service department.
Does anybody was able to fix the stereo problem? or how to deal with RAM Care? would BBB help in this case?

Vulpes

Reaction score
Ok... I don't know if I should lighter her on fire, call a priest, take her to the junkyard, or just use a hammer. Here is my story:

• I brought a 2020 Limited with 2000 miles on September 2019 with a 12 inches Uconnect Radio. The truck was never titled, it was a demo and manager's truck. I WAS THE HAPPIEST SUCKER, that faded very quickly.
  • The dealership assured me that the warranty was going to be extended up to 38K
  • The first month, the sound went out, disconnected the battery and it came back on.
  • Went for my first oil change, and surprise surprise... somehow the dealership did not honor the free oil change because the truck had been brought used. I have all the paperwork that specified that the title was new.
  • XM Guardian expired in January 2020. Not even a year. The window sticker said that it was one year free, called Ram Services and told me that since it was connected in January 2019, that was a full year; even though I had the truck for less than a year with a never titled purchase.
  • XM radio expired as well. Refer to the previous bullet.
  • A few months after that the radio no sound problem persisted every few weeks for 1 day or so.
  • COVID hit, and everything closed. No access to dealerships.
  • Problem with sound permitted way more, every week at least one day without sound.
  • My mother passed away and because of family matters and work, I could not take the truck to the dealership.
  • Finally took the truck back to the dealership in October 2022, dashboard leather bubbled up, the back seat leather bubbled as well, and the radio-no sound problem.
  • The dealership replaced the dash...they forgot about the back seat (up to this day they still have not fixed it). The Stereo was now black. No turning on whatsoever.
  • Upon questioning the dealership why it was black they said it was part of the process of testing, that it was normal.
  • three months after not having a stereo (worst that no sound), they replaced it. Worked for a week, then went to a black screen.
  • Took it back, and order a "module" to replace it. Took a month or more to get here. Replaced it no change.
  • Took it back, and order the front screen to replace. Took 45 days to get here. Replaced it no change.
  • It has been at least a year with a black screen on my radio. I use a Bluetooth speaker to listen to music or something while driving on long trips.
  • IT IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!
  • went on vacation for a week, came back and the truck was dead. Took it to the dealership and told me that the battery was bad. Replaced battery.
  • Went on a vacation a few months after that again, came back truck was dead. The dealership said that my warranty expired and could not look it at. My warranty is supposed to expire in September 2023 or 38,000 miles. this happened in May 2023 and the truck had 33K miles
  • IT IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!
  • called Ram Care or whatever phone number numerous times and they all tell me that they will call me back or that I need to speak to the dealership where I purchased it from. But all paperwork from the dealership is correct.
  • I have to leave the truck at the dealership for several days or a week at a time to be serviced for a few hours, they told me that I have to leave so STAR CASE or whatever the name is to call them and receive guidance.
  • I tried to get another car from a dealership to be able to drive to work and home. I have to use my wife's car... while she was pregnant.... right now I am using her car while my 2-month baby is at home with her...... IT IS UPSETTING.
  • My wife is bound to return to work next week (she is a teacher), and we are back to a one-car family.
  • My 2020 Ram Limited looks awesome parked at the dealership service department.
Does anybody was able to fix the stereo problem? or how to deal with RAM Care? would BBB help in this case?
Wow, that is very frustrating. Not sure about your state, but maybe it's time to explore one of the lemon laws? Maybe others on here can help with your infotainment issues? There are some other very smart folks on here that are really good with electronics. Try doing a search on here for blank screen, or infotainment problem, etc...

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brought = to bring with you, past tense.
Bought = to purchase, past tense.

Just sayin'

Jgon371

Reaction score
Can somebody please tag Ramcares on this thread (sorry I don't know how)? Thank you.

Saturday the stereo turned on, sunday morning it was off...Yesterday battery was dead, jump-started the truck... today battery is dead again. I noticed on Sunday that the stereo was "off" screen was black, but my iPhone still was connected through Bluetooth to uconnect.

Vulpes

Reaction score
Can somebody please tag Ramcares on this thread (sorry I don't know how)? Thank you.

Saturday the stereo turned on, sunday morning it was off...Yesterday battery was dead, jump-started the truck... today battery is dead again. I noticed on Sunday that the stereo was "off" screen was black, but my iPhone still was connected through Bluetooth to uconnect.
Hi @RamCares could you help this guy out with his electrical and bureacratic nightmare?

Users who are viewing this thread