5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor phone call quality?

GeoJoe

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram with 8.4" Uconnect Alpine system. It sounds great streaming music from my phone, but in call quality is awful with tons of static and crackling feedback from the callers on the other end. Anyone know if there's a fix for this?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram with 8.4" Uconnect Alpine system. It sounds great streaming music from my phone, but in call quality is awful with tons of static and crackling feedback from the callers on the other end. Anyone know if there's a fix for this?

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me knowow if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mine works great, sorry. Haven't heard of this being widespread. I have the 12...can't believe how good it reads back a text message to me, and handles calls. Might just be a software issue a dealer can flash.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same 8.4 system and zero issues with calls either inbound out outbound.

mrbullred

Reaction score
Did you just purchase the truck? My 2019 that I had was like that until the update appeared then poof perfect sound. My 2020 was perfect from the start.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

GeoJoe

Reaction score
Did you just purchase the truck? My 2019 that I had was like that until the update appeared then poof perfect sound. My 2020 was perfect from the start.

Yes, I just purchased it in early March. When should i expect to recieve an update? Do i need to go into the dealer to get the update or it's just sent over the air?

Thanks for the feedback.

mrbullred

Reaction score
Yes, I just purchased it in early March. When should i expect to recieve an update? Do i need to go into the dealer to get the update or it's just sent over the air?

Thanks for the feedback.
Mine was sent over the air. It did take a little while but I don't think it was over a month. May be worth it to go. It was a night and day difference. Went from crap to gold.

GeoJoe

Reaction score
Mine was sent over the air. It did take a little while but I don't think it was over a month. May be worth it to go. It was a night and day difference. Went from crap to gold.

Excellent! Well it will be nice if the update fixes the terrible sound quality.

Thanks!

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Excellent! Well it will be nice if the update fixes the terrible sound quality.

Thanks!
You dont need to wait for updates you can go here and see if your truck is up to date. You can do the update yourself or go into the dealer and show them it needs it.

Users who are viewing this thread