5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor performing heated mirrors???

Csiezega

Reaction score
For those of you who actually got the heated mirrors... how have they been performing? We had a decent ice storm today, I remote started the truck for about 10 min and my drivers mirror was still ice after a couple minutes of driving. When I got in the truck, the rear defroster was one (rear defroster works great!).
Just not sure if I should bring it in to get looked at.
1774669a7e82c990dcd09932e8fe5de5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bleda2002

Reaction score
Cant speak to the Ram;s, but that much ice my tundra's mirrors wouldnt have been defrosted in 10 minutes either, especially if it was also well below freezing.

surfingcrna

Reaction score
I had to have the drivers side replaced. Passenger heated in 2 minutes. The drivers side took at least 10 if it did

ders0

Reaction score
Mine don't really seem to do anything either.

PTRAM

Reaction score
I haven't had much need for them yet, but the one day I really needed them I kept telling my wife that they don't seem like they are working and I did have them turned on.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are they supposed to light up when on in the mirror behind the defrost symbol like the lane Assist blind spot warning does?

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will say what I learned in research because I’m in process of adding heated glass to my big horn , is that the mopar spec for the heated glass itself, is 13 watts power consumption, about 1 amp..not powerful at all compared to the rear glass grid.

NDanecker

Reaction score
I had to have the drivers side replaced. Passenger heated in 2 minutes. The drivers side took at least 10 if it did

Interesting as I have noticed the driver side not clearing frost at all or very slowly when compared to the passenger side. I didn't think anything of it other than it may be a fluke, and that I needed to clean the mirror myself which is fairly easy on the driver side. Wonder if this is a common problem on certain builds? Mine was built 12/18.

surfingcrna

Reaction score
Interesting as I have noticed the driver side not clearing frost at all or very slowly when compared to the passenger side. I didn't think anything of it other than it may be a fluke, and that I needed to clean the mirror myself which is fairly easy on the driver side. Wonder if this is a common problem on certain builds? Mine was built 12/18.
My replacement is better, but is still noticeably slower. Now only 4 minutes yo clear versus 2 on the passenger side. Probably only twice as long now. Was going to see if anything changed in the short term.

ScottW19

Reaction score
I live in Tampa and my driver side mirror clears moisture in about 2 minutes fine, passenger side takes about 5 minutes. Should I have it checked.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My side mirror defrosters suck, but the rear view one is great..

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any issues with mine, I havn't had any big ice storms like the ice pictured and I would imagine it would take a while to deice that.

Forestdawg

Reaction score
Did anyone ever resolve this issue. Having this issue on my 2021. Dealer is telling me it’s normal to have the drivers side take 10 minutes to warm up.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Sadly that’s how mine was until I had it ceramic coated.

PorBoy

Reaction score
The shop that I dealt with ceramic coated my entire vehicle including my glass and after that basically as soon as I hit defrost the mirrors were clear. That’s what worked for me, but I’m not trying to encourage anyone to spend that kind of money about an issue that should be handled via the dealership.

Users who are viewing this thread