5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor gas mileage

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It didn’t affect all of them.

I looked up my vin and my 21 etorque wasn’t on the list. And I’ve never experienced stalling like the recall is supposed to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6of36

Reaction score
That’s the pcm. It came out a little while ago.

Idk why it says automatic transmission as it has to due with fueling. And talks about the pcm not the tcm in the wording.

The actual transmission recall was for the 2500/3500s.
No, it's a new recall. Just came out. It is transmission. 2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn 5.7 E-torque.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
It’s the pcm. Recall 23A-265 for over rich fuel condition.

How’s that a transmission recall?

I must have messed up my vin yesterday when I entered it. Because now it shows I have this recall for my truck as well.

Last edited:

6of36

Reaction score
It’s the pcm. Recall 23A-265 for over rich fuel condition.

How’s that a transmission recall?

I must have messed up my vin yesterday when I entered it. Because now it shows I have this recall for my truck as well.

If you actually read my previous post. It is recall 37A. PCM BCM. I showed a picture of the recall.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
I did read it. That was just in the headline as a general description. No where in the actual notes does it say anything about the tcm.

And here is the actual real recall. Not a blurry screen shot. And the actual recall number ;)

It’s the pcm..

But man if they reprogram mine for over fueling. I might get 25mpg now!

bd8b3ba36c8f38870a5df0f13938db0a.jpg

0e8288e430db20be94805ee0d75241cf.png

6of36

Reaction score
I did read it. That was just in the headline as a general description. No where in the actual notes does it say anything about the tcm.

And here is the actual real recall. Not a blurry screen shot. And the actual recall number ;)

It’s the pcm..

The listing I found said TCM in the title, and the dealer told him transmission. His transmission is shifting different. He was bitching that it was doing drastic downshifts when going down hills. He had been complaining about it since he got the truck. He said it doesn't do that any more. I'm just passing on, that there is a recall that improve mileage.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It’s the pcm..

I haven't received any letter and I haven't check online to see if my vehicle is affected.
Also no issues with my truck stalling but if I am gonna gain some mpg. I am all in for it

robman3387

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I've got about 850km (500-550 miles) on my 5.7L non e-torque, and I can average 16.5mpg in the city...though driving to achieve top mpg. I've taken her for a few good highway runs punching/cycling the throttle 3-4k bursts after 300 miles or so to aid the break in process. IMO seems to be paying off...

6of36

Reaction score
I haven't received any letter and I haven't check online to see if my vehicle is affected.
Also no issues with my truck stalling but if I am gonna gain some mpg. I am all in for it
If you look at my post where I pictured the recall, although the screenshot came out a little blurry, it said the letters had not gone out yet. From memory I think it said June.

6of36

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my brother. It IS a transmission recall, although it effects engine fuel mixture. He just got the letter, although he has already gotten the recall performed. The over rich fuel was being caused by the TCM feeding bad info to the BCM. Like I said earlier also, he had complained about the truck drastically downshifting on light downhill grades. He came from a Ford, and complained comparing the two. I said it's normal to downshift to maintain speed, and said even my girlfriends Ford Edge does it. He insisted it was violent. Since the recall, his truck no longer has the violent downshift, and he is getting about 3 more MPG. Letters have started going out. He said when he has time he will send me a picture of the actual letter.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Well I've had mine over a year. Never been to a dealer. Never searched a recall. Only notification I got was that the tailgate might be misaligned. Looks ok and functions well for me, no recall.

35s and a lift and I get a smooth 14 to 15 mpg. 😎 livin' large.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well I've had mine over a year. Never been to a dealer. Never searched a recall. Only notification I got was that the tailgate might be misaligned. Looks ok and functions well for me, no recall.

35s and a lift and I get a smooth 14 to 15 mpg. 😎 livin' large.
Take it to dealer to get tailgate recall cleared out. Literally a 5-minute process if there is no adjustment needed.

Thundersnow

Reaction score
Just averaged 19.6 on my 2023 Rebel over 203 miles driving through the Rockies in Colorado. Elevations up to 11,000 feet. At least 50 percent of the trip was doing 80-85 MPH. Since switching to premium I’ve seen a good bump in MPG. Hand calculated.
What gears do you have?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
If I limited my truck to 55mph or less, and stayed out of the city, I’d be averaging 23 or more.

23RAM

Reaction score
Similar here, but if I run at truck speeds I can get 25
Same here...I don't pay too much attention to the averaged mileage because winter is hard on it with all the warm up idle. It's better now that it's warm, but I use the current MPG and see what I'm actually getting while driving. When cruising at 50+ mph I get 26-27 MPG on flat roads when the MDS kicks in. While towing my boat I'm getting better MPG than the SUV that revved higher with its V6 when towing.

Users who are viewing this thread