5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll, What to build next!!!

What should I build next???

• Total voters

saylor

Reaction score
boss i picked bed rack for rooftop tent, but we need some kind of roof rack. even if its floating and tied to a headache bar or something.

no one has roof racks for these trucks yet.

you can corner the market.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
boss i picked bed rack for rooftop tent, but we need some kind of roof rack. even if its floating and tied to a headache bar or something.

no one has roof racks for these trucks yet.

you can corner the market.
I agree that is a need for sure. It's nice I have the truck to prototype stuff on too.

saylor

Reaction score
how much money do i send you lool I want a prototype! :)

i figure a properly mounted headache rack would support a box frame or something. maybe some gussets carefully placed.

20210202_114430.jpg

screen in the top and the rear window (or bars)
and its a headache rack / lightbar / topper / roofrack

let me know if you make one - make two! im in!

Reaction score
I'm working out a few things to try to make install of the driver's side as easy as possible without sacrificing strength
Okay cool. I had to order something as my wife literally almost fell out of the truck the other day, so I ordered the Go Rhino D6 with drop steps, but I am so down to have you do a set of slider/steps, so keep me posted. I will dm you my cell, so you can save my contact and text me when you're ready to move forward. I am not on here every day, so text is best way to get ahold of me.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Okay cool. I had to order something as my wife literally almost fell out of the truck the other day, so I ordered the Go Rhino D6 with drop steps, but I am so down to have you do a set of slider/steps, so keep me posted. I will dm you my cell, so you can save my contact and text me when you're ready to move forward. I am not on here every day, so text is best way to get ahold of me.
Replied to DM

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
how much money do i send you lool I want a prototype! :)

i figure a properly mounted headache rack would support a box frame or something. maybe some gussets carefully placed.

View attachment 81477

screen in the top and the rear window (or bars)
and its a headache rack / lightbar / topper / roofrack

let me know if you make one - make two! im in!
Something like that should work just fine. With the right materials and gussets it would be very strong too

Scmil

Reaction score
any intentions or plans to build a light bar that could integrate with the current tow hook locations?
bar3.PNG bar2.PNG bar.PNG

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
any intentions or plans to build a light bar that could integrate with the current tow hook locations?
View attachment 81483 View attachment 81484 View attachment 81485
Nothing in the works yet but that bottom one would be a pretty easy build. I still have a few Toyota orders I'm filling and should get much more time to get stuff knocked out. I priced my Toyota stuff I was making stupid high and was still getting orders so I just cut it off. I am devoted to switching to Rams. It will take me a little bit of time since everything is a prototype first and then I will build jigs to make it repeatable. Once I get the ball rolling on a few things, I will start adding more items to the list. I like this light bar idea, the roof rack and the skids plate ideas as well. Keep them coming!

Users who are viewing this thread