5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please post pics of nerf bars that are round with 90 degree or curved ends

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I am not a fan of the newer side steps that are long and rectangle-ish shaped, nor the folding type. I do like the chrome/black round (3", 4") that are curved inward at the ends or the 90 degree shaped nerf bars. I am torn as to getting the wheel to wheel or just crew cab length. I have the 6' 4" bed.

I have also looked at a ton of pics and most do not provide a good "side" view. Most pics are angled and up close to give a downward view of the product, which I understand.

If you have a good side view of what I am requesting above, please post, hopefully it shows the full side view (bumper to bumper). I am more concerned with the ratio of the chrome/tube as it appears from a side view than the functionality of using it to climb into the bed (if I get the wheel to wheel). I know functionality should be first priority.

I am going with chrome but the black tubular pics would serve the purpose too. My other criteria is the weight capacity I just made it under the 300 mark (working on this) and my big step-son is 310ish.

Thanks!!!

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Like these? These are Iconic 3”. $122 shipped.

e9a46cdd3ab449f1e1dce34a08208e2e.jpg
14ae7a88dc15d76cfe49f92344248a7d.jpg
10b94a0bebd72d8c0f2157f764cbd480.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Dmalonecentral, LOOKS SWEET!!!!! Looks aggresively mean and balanced!!!

I definitely like how that length of nerf bar looks with that bed size. Thank you for the pics.

I am hoping someone has the wheel to wheel so that I can compare it.

Thanks again, much appreciated!!!

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Marcus889,

I like those on your truck but I want the smoother look without the protruding steps. To me, your rims and the color blend of the semi black out look help that look work all together!!!

Kidder

Reaction score
The pictures suck but... These are Westin ProTraxx5
0456ca4ca35dd0b2a368f2383ca4f649.jpg
3d3fa47cc98e9b8818cdf1da97348d6a.jpg
ff5fae3cfd16a6ab9ab9cd9d2bc8e278.jpg

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
Not exactly to your "specs", but here are my black Ionic 5" Railway boards :

1548019955699.png

1548020003818.png

1548020052226.png

They come in chrome too and be found on a couple sites for under three and a half bones delivered.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Thanks kidder and Al!!! Maybe its just the angle of the pics but between the two of you; Al's bars seem to curve just a bit more inward towards the vehicle at the endings. That is what I like(the curved ends).

Al, would it be possible to get a little better side view pic when you get a chance please? I want to see how the 5" look seeing the complete sideview of your truck like this pic of Dmalonecentral's:

1548162069721.png

Greatly appreciate everyone's input. Kidder, I am also concerned with the weight capacity, so the 2 vs. 3 connectors can be a factor too.

Thanks!!!

DuBoi

Reaction score
I like how they all look. I think I’m going to go with the Ionic 3” myself, to me it seems as if it gives the truck an aggressive and sport look.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Just remembered, for comparison’s sake I had them on my 16 Big Horn as well. No issues after 2 years.

98b94cd4cfd249eb57fc251dd6d01842.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
Al, would it be possible to get a little better side view pic when you get a chance please? I want to see how the 5" look seeing the complete sideview of your truck like this pic of Dmalonecentral's:

This old pic is the best I can do for now, but the angle is wrong, plus it makes them look like they hang down farther than they do.

1548197691112.png

sgtsodo

Reaction score
Not sure if this styling is what you are after, but the ends are rounded and they provide plenty of grip, on 3 mounting points! I've enjoyed them.

IMG_0744.jpeg IMG_0743.jpeg IMG_0745.jpeg

Birdphoto19

Reaction score
+1 for the Protrax 5. The end are welded solid and curved towards the cab 45°. The WeatherTech mud flaps completely protect the front of the nerf bar from rocks.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I like how they all look. I think I’m going to go with the Ionic 3” myself, to me it seems as if it gives the truck an aggressive and sport look.

Thanks DuBoi as that explains it the best for me too!!! Add my Wildpeak all terrain tires to that picture it definitely speaks to the aggressive sport look (at a mid/low level for me). I don't plan on adding any lift kits which would intensify the aggressive/sport look to a higher level.

Dmalonecentral---I definitely like the silver/chrome look, thanks!!!

Kingkasc---its probably the angle but the tubing looks like 2" /basically smaller, again may be the angle???

Rich B and Al---thanks, the 45 degree ends would be my second choice for the "mild aggressive/sport" look I am going for

Sgt Sodo---I like those!!! They to me (again subjective) give a more elegant/business classy look which compliments the smooth tire look. Out of all the ones I call long rectangles (the newer nerf/side steps/auto drops etc...) I like yours the best out of that field. The slightly curved ends and flatter surface put them above those in the field for me...again just my opinion.

I greatly appreciate everyone's input!!!

Now I have to decide on wheel to wheel or crew cab length on the ionic 3" type.....decisions decisions.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I am going with the Westin Pro Traxx 5" for myself. No picks yet as I am hoping to receive my truck soon. I already have the bars sitting in the box waiting to be installed. I have the classic style Westin and I am very happy with them so I am partial to the brand. I think the 45 degree bends are a good blend between classic and modern. I opted for non wheel to wheel. I think you get a slightly sportier look if they do not go back to the truck bed. Plus the cost savings on the non wheel to wheel is nice. I doubt I would use it very much if it was wheel to wheel to get into the truck bed therefore opted for the shorter ones.

Users who are viewing this thread