5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help me with ANC and new speakers install.

Jake1050

Reaction score
I've installed so many speakers and head units on so many of my cars but nothing this complicated. I want to replace all 6 speakers ( No factory amp or sub ). But I've heard that even replacing the speakers the ANC can cause problems so I'm prepared to deal with that.
I bought this harness called ANC-CH01 that is supposed to bypass the NC feature.

This first picture is what is under the drivers seat:
ANCbox.jpg
This next picture is the harness that is supposed to bypass the ANC just by being plugged in:
ANC-CH01.jpg
So I here are my questions:
Should I replace all 6 speakers then test drive to see if this bypass is needed or just go ahead and install this bypass?
and If it is needed, will it be as simple as unplugging both connectors from under the drivers seat and plugging them both into this ANC-CH01 harness that I bought and then plugging that back into the box under the drivers seat?

BigBuss54

Reaction score
I've installed so many speakers and head units on so many of my cars but nothing this complicated. I want to replace all 6 speakers ( No factory amp or sub ). But I've heard that even replacing the speakers the ANC can cause problems so I'm prepared to deal with that.
I bought this harness called ANC-CH01 that is supposed to bypass the NC feature.

This first picture is what is under the drivers seat:
View attachment 173242
This next picture is the harness that is supposed to bypass the ANC just by being plugged in:
View attachment 173243
So I here are my questions:
Should I replace all 6 speakers then test drive to see if this bypass is needed or just go ahead and install this bypass?
and If it is needed, will it be as simple as unplugging both connectors from under the drivers seat and plugging them both into this ANC-CH01 harness that I bought and then plugging that back into the box under the drivers seat?
Did you end up figuring this out? I am about to do the same. But I also want to install an amp to actually power all the new speakers to their full potential. I’ve also been looking for someone who tapped into this harness to add a line out and how they did it.

Mirowpl

Reaction score
I switched all 6 speakers and had zero issues with the and. So I would do the switch first and see if you like it.

Jake1050

Reaction score
I replaced the 6 speakers and decided to test the system before using the bypass harness. It sounded great with no unwanted droning sounds. I have left the bypass harness off for now. I'm not really planning on adding an amp but I have heard that tapping into the bypass harness is the way to go.

BigBuss54

Reaction score
I replaced the 6 speakers and decided to test the system before using the bypass harness. It sounded great with no unwanted droning sounds. I have left the bypass harness off for now. I'm not really planning on adding an amp but I have heard that tapping into the bypass harness is the way to go.
Yea. I’m just hoping that the amp powering the four 6x9s would give me the little extra bass that I want. I’m trying not to have to do a subwoofer

Users who are viewing this thread