5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pleasant surprises?

bigoldthor

Reaction score
(Sorry if something like this has already been posted, but I didn't find it if it was.)

What pleasant surprises have you come across with your 5th gen? Not the normal stuff on the Monroney sticker, in the quick start guide, or even the owner's manual. I'm talking about things you didn't realize or that were better than you expected once you actually starting driving and using the truck. It may even be something you didn't know or realize that was pointed out to you buy a friend or fellow poster.

Try to be specific,.e.g. don't just say "the ride is better than expected" or "gee, that interior sure is nice". Like, easter eggs or things that just really caught you off guard or put a little smile on your face unexpectedly. We may all learn a few things along the way.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The extra storage bin extender thing under the back seats. I noticed the hinge which made me explore it, then saw the D ring and pulled on it and felt the spring tension. Twisted it and figured it out from there. I think it is part of my trim package because my boss also has a Laramie, but level 1 and all he has under his rear seat is floor, no bin separator thing. Not sure what it's called.
Also, my truck came with an 18mm high angle Snap-on socket left on an unfinished torqued bolt on one of the hold-down bolts under the passenger side seat. Not sure if that was a factory mistake or a dealer thing because I had some dealer add ons at the time of purchase.

Dynamite

Reaction score
I didn’t know the truck would slam on the brakes while reversing when a leave is just flying by... I thought my transmission locked up haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good one!!! :ROFLMAO:

Donaldo

Reaction score
How about the iPad holder located on the back of the center console. Anyone making use of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiskReward

Reaction score
I know we’re not looking for unpleasant surprises but the fact I can’t pause live radio and the sunroof spoiler sucking is garbage. Two items my Tundra beats the Ram at.

Everything else is far better, so far!

RiskReward

Reaction score
Are you talking about FM radio? SiriusXM can be paused.

Yeah, FM. Was nice when my wife would call in the middle of a hot sports opinion about how the a Cowboys don’t really suck or about Luka being the greatest. Both topics I need to hear, but now miss.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The reclining rear seats and the rear console was a nice surprise when I was treating the leather.

That the truck remembers weather I use the fogs or not. My previous Fords you always had to turn them on everytime you got in the truck.

The tilting side mirrors when you backup.

Dimming passenger side mirror.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
The reclining rear seats and the rear console was a nice surprise when I was treating the leather.

That the truck remembers weather I use the fogs or not. My previous Fords you always had to turn them on everytime you got in the truck.

The tilting side mirrors when you backup.

Dimming passenger side mirror.
I was also pleasantly surprised with the reclining rear seats...that's a good one. I didn't realize mine even had them until I started playing with them.

The fog light memory is a good one, too. I also noticed (and later read in the manual) that the parking sensor switches (enable/disable) in the lower console also remember your last setting through ignition cycles. I assume there are other things like that as well that I haven't discovered yet.

I tried the tilting side mirrors in reverse, but just couldn't get used to them. Guess I'm too old-fashioned. :)

And the dimming side mirror, again, is a good one I didn't really know about until I started reading further. Works great, too.

Users who are viewing this thread